Author Topic: GNC Products  (Read 2829 times)

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
Re: GNC Products
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 10:45:57 AM »
I agree with this.  I used to work at GNC and tried to give people honest answers.  We never raised our prices for Gold Card week, but the prices were still too high.  Unless you get items that are marked down for expiration, you'll find better deals elsewhere.  I do think that the quality is good on their products though.

I will only look at the stuff that is about to expire, I will buy big tubs of protein for like $5 bucks, I just bought a big tub of cell tech for $5 bucks, I have never used cell tech, but i figure it still has creatine in it and for 5 bucks I can't go to wrong. Everything else is just WAY WAY overpriced. For anyone interested Amazon is having a sale on Optimum Nutrition stuff, you get an extra $25 of the purchase of $75 wroth of products, a 10lb bag of whey is $50. Not a bad deal.

lat3539

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 01:41:23 PM »
i manage a franchise GNC we have cellmass 4 36.99, nanovapor 47.99. optimum nut whey 2lbs 23.99, GNC whey 6lbs $39.99. no xplode 39.99 muscle milk 2.5lbs 25.99. these are everyday low prices. these prices are not bad. we try very hard NOT to sell muscletech the margins suck and we dont get kickbacks from muscletech like the corp stores do. and we match prices, find it cheaper and we match. GNC as a company is trying to change the stigma of being overpriced. but we do have high quality products. everything is tested including 3rd party vendors. you have to be 97% of label or higher to be in GNC.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 05:55:52 AM »
Sorry bro, know lots of stores that don't do that. That is why I would shop at mom and pops with employees that can answer questions and educate you. If you know what you are doing, net is always cheaper.

I really don't think Cell Tech is even worth $20.....monohydrate is cheap enough and you can mix your own dextose and wash down some ALA with it.

It was worth it to me. I thought about waiting until the first week of the month, to try and get it (with the Gold Card) for $16. But, I figured (and I was right) that those jugs wouldn't be there very long.

Creatine Monohydrate is cheap enough.....NOW. Go back about 10 years and see how much it used to cost. In fact, MuscleTech's own Creatine 6000-ES used to cost $60 for a 325-gram bottle. That is, until the company came out with CELL-TECH. Then that price for 6000-ES got cut in half. Same thing happened with EAS. Phosphagen used to cost about the same as 6000-ES, until Phosphagen HP arrived. Then, the price for Phosphagen dropped. Now you can get 600 grams of creatine for $20 and a free T-Shirt, to boot (Prolab).

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2007, 09:41:50 PM »
I believe GNC is a brand that you can trust more than most other brands.

They have much more to lose by making false claims or bogus products that don't contain ingredients that are on the labels.

In other words, you definitely get what's on the label.

As far as pricing, sure you can get stuff cheaper online.