Author Topic: Republican Presidential Debate (28 Nov)  (Read 2443 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Republican Presidential Debate (28 Nov)
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 12:23:27 PM »
We are not an intelligent nation.

The current housing crisis is irrefutable proof of my statement...as are your stats.

I disagree.  We are, on balance, a nation of very smart, resourceful people.  

I do agree the current housing crisis is partly the result of people making dumb financial decisions.  Predatory lenders are partly responsible, including the grossly irresponsible subprime market.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 12:24:52 PM »
Huckabee-execpt for the explanation on the IRS, I like his stances on issues.  He doesn't take himself too seriously which sits well with me.

Giuliani-I see him as the likely candidate.  I like his demeanor albeit arrogant at times but I'm not big on his abortion stance or at least former one.  I can set it aside with all other things considered because frankly I think outside of the Christian sect it isn't a major issue in politics right now.  It seems like an issue that should tackled in another 5 years.

Romney-There is something I don't trust about him.  He looks conniving and untrustworthy (good job field I guess).  He looked decent on paper but seems too robotic.

McCain-He's lost me.  I supported him but I also support information extraction and giving illegals the boot and he does not.  I agree that if a non-felon serves this country then they should get citizenship.  Seems fair enough to me but that's where my support ends.  Looking like a crippled geriatric patient does not help his cause though.

Paul-I don't give him any thought.  People my age love his revolutionary messages but he is no realist.

Good analysis.  I agree with most of this.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 12:38:10 PM »
I disagree.  We are, on balance, a nation of very smart, resourceful people.  

except for the 62% that believe it was "very likely" or "somewhat likely" that federal officials turned a blind eye to specific warnings of the 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon???

:D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 01:21:43 PM »
except for the 62% that believe it was "very likely" or "somewhat likely" that federal officials turned a blind eye to specific warnings of the 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon???

:D

:-X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »
Nah.  Bush was very good.  When I listen to him I hear a man of conviction.  Yes his command of the English language is terrible, but he comes across as a tough Cowboy.  People liked that demeanor.  It helped him a great deal.    

Yeah, that "Bring it on!" challenge to the terrorists was their #1 recruitment tool, and helped them swell their numbers from 15k in 2003 to 50k today.

Yes, that helped him a great deal. 

Whose side are you on, anyway, BB? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 01:33:42 PM »
:-X
Sorry, I seem to have a knack for bringing up certain items at inopportune moments ;D