Author Topic: a question for the Liberals.....  (Read 2597 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: a question for the Liberals.....
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 03:26:15 PM »

want to make a bet ?
why would I bet you on something, you can't even address my answers to your pissed off questioning of me.  Instead you make some halfass illogical statement of guilt by association which is why you're full of shit...  Save the "You're either with us or you're against us..." for your neocon group meetings, that shit doesn't fly here.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 06:47:29 PM »
In Europe, Liberalism retains its original meaning:

[A]t the heart of classical liberalism", wrote Nancy L. Rosenblum and Robert C. Post, is a prescription: "Nurture voluntary associations. Limit the size, and more importantly, the scope of government. So long as the state provides a basic rule of law that steers people away from destructive or parasitic ways of life and in the direction of productive ways of life, society runs itself. If you want people to flourish, let them run their own lives."[20]

But Yanks have to change everything and probably hear about a liberal in Europe and immediately assume that it is the same thing as in Yankland...
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 07:02:55 PM »
In Europe, Liberalism retains its original meaning:

But Yanks have to change everything and probably hear about a liberal in Europe and immediately assume that it is the same thing as in Yankland...
yes, we constantly get scolded by Hedge for not following strict interpretation.  But the fact remains, there are multiple contexts in which the term is used.  As long as it's not being used out of the context it's being applied, I don't see a problem.  The spectrum of political movements over time all but make this impossible to avoid.  Granted, it can be a lot to soak in and for a person who insists on a term being only used in it's strictest sense, it's no doubt frustrating.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 07:12:49 PM »
yes, we constantly get scolded by Hedge for not following strict interpretation.  But the fact remains, there are multiple contexts in which the term is used.  As long as it's not being used out of the context it's being applied, I don't see a problem.  The spectrum of political movements over time all but make this impossible to avoid.  Granted, it can be a lot to soak in and for a person who insists on a term being only used in it's strictest sense, it's no doubt frustrating.

Yanks are weird, living in their own bubble, insular, without a passport, generally to wholly ignorant of the world their country runs and uncaring about that circumstance to boot. It has very nice landscapes but most of everything else with the exception of NYC bagles is...well I am glad I don't live there anymore....
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 07:47:18 PM »
Yanks are weird, living in their own bubble, insular, without a passport, generally to wholly ignorant of the world their country runs and uncaring about that circumstance to boot. It has very nice landscapes but most of everything else with the exception of NYC bagles is...well I am glad I don't live there anymore....
no doubt this describes a lot of people here but I hope there are some exceptions :D  actually I know of quite a few that don't fit this mold.  As disgruntled as I get, I still have high hopes this country can overcome the evils affecting us.  Plus remember, this is not an isolated evil anymore.  It is now an evil without borders.  These global corporations and power interests that have worked diligently to make people mindless consumer automatons are extending their influences everywhere, and the media which has become a tool for these influences are also extending their reach.  Nobody is immune from the things that have taken us to our current state.  I think the largest danger is for a country to think, it can't happen here, that's just an American problem because they're dumb or to self involved to give a shit--a concept often asserted by some arrogant Canadians.  One of the biggest problems that occurred in America was the move from classical education to occupation focused education.  IMO, this system turns out robots with limited ability to think analytically and have a functional understanding of events.  Bad thing=Listen and memorise, listen and memorise, listen and memorise... blaaaa...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 02:10:41 AM »
I refuse to reply to anything the American hating jaguarenterprises, says on here,

I suppose if you keep repeating that long enough, ...many of the brain dead will start to believe it.
...kind of like with the Iraqi WMD's.   ::)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 02:12:29 AM »
no doubt this describes a lot of people here but I hope there are some exceptions :D  actually I know of quite a few that don't fit this mold.  As disgruntled as I get, I still have high hopes this country can overcome the evils affecting us.  Plus remember, this is not an isolated evil anymore.  It is now an evil without borders.  These global corporations and power interests that have worked diligently to make people mindless consumer automatons are extending their influences everywhere, and the media which has become a tool for these influences are also extending their reach.  Nobody is immune from the things that have taken us to our current state.  I think the largest danger is for a country to think, it can't happen here, that's just an American problem because they're dumb or to self involved to give a shit--a concept often asserted by some arrogant Canadians.  One of the biggest problems that occurred in America was the move from classical education to occupation focused education.  IMO, this system turns out robots with limited ability to think analytically and have a functional understanding of events.  Bad thing=Listen and memorise, listen and memorise, listen and memorise... blaaaa...

I gotta agree with this. When people don't know how to think, ...they'll believe any absurdity.
w