Author Topic: question on energy levels  (Read 1069 times)

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
question on energy levels
« on: November 30, 2007, 07:37:53 AM »
Hi all

recently I have found a new training partner and we've been seriously upping the intensity with tonnes of forced reps, drop sets etc...theres definately been a noticable improvement in my strength and endurance levels. The only problem is that im absolutely wasted for the rest of the day...im a postgrad student (yes the kind that does some work!) so i tend to train about midday take an hour after for shower and food, then I either have lectures or long library sessions. I love my new training regime but my energy is always so low and i find its affecting my academic work a bit, do you guys have advice on how i can up my energy levels, either supplement wise (im natural) or food wise, or in terms of power naps..etc? does anyone else have this problem (maybe people who train during their lunch breaks etc).

I work out four days a week with a split of 1)bi's tri's 2)legs 3) Chest 4) Back, i have a shoulder problem so no shoulders right now, i try following Dorian Yates' advice of keeping my workouts to an hour I normally manage around 24 sets in that time. Am i doing something wrong, or is it just my body taking time to adjust to a more intense regime?

ne help would be really appreciated thanks

Mike

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: question on energy levels
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 12:15:37 PM »
First off do legs,chest,back,and arms in that order.

Try getting more sleeep,more protein,more carbs at post-workout, and do not do forced reps every workout and never do them on all exercises or do too many.

A forced rep or two at the end of a heavy set is fine occasionally, but if you cannot lift a weight under your own power,go lighter and do it right.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 12:20:41 PM »
Hi all

recently I have found a new training partner and we've been seriously upping the intensity with tonnes of forced reps, drop sets etc...theres definately been a noticable improvement in my strength and endurance levels. The only problem is that im absolutely wasted for the rest of the day...im a postgrad student (yes the kind that does some work!) so i tend to train about midday take an hour after for shower and food, then I either have lectures or long library sessions. I love my new training regime but my energy is always so low and i find its affecting my academic work a bit, do you guys have advice on how i can up my energy levels, either supplement wise (im natural) or food wise, or in terms of power naps..etc? does anyone else have this problem (maybe people who train during their lunch breaks etc).

I work out four days a week with a split of 1)bi's tri's 2)legs 3) Chest 4) Back, i have a shoulder problem so no shoulders right now, i try following Dorian Yates' advice of keeping my workouts to an hour I normally manage around 24 sets in that time. Am i doing something wrong, or is it just my body taking time to adjust to a more intense regime?

Mike

Quality foods up to workout and post work out and adequate sleep.   Is the energy zap mental or physical?  Drop sets and forced reps should not be done all the time.   
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 12:25:58 PM »
sorry, looks like we were posting at about the same time.
:

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 02:07:49 PM »
First off do legs,chest,back,and arms in that order.

whats the theory behind this, wes? and where would shoulders fit into a schedule using whatever theory youve used to come up with that order?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 02:32:23 PM »
Candidate,you should always train bigger bodyparts early in the week then taper down to smaller bodyparts as the week goes on.

You could start with chest as opposed to legs but never exhaust arms early and then expect to bench or incline much weight...........arms should usually be done last in the week.

Some beginners will trash triceps,then move onto benches............see my point?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 05:12:05 PM »
Quads & Calves
Chest & Abs
Back & Traps
Shoulders & Hams
Biceps & Triceps
OFF
OFF

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 01:13:53 AM »
You can argue workouts all you want, whatever works for you is probably fine.

That being said...

Powernaps are awesome, keep them to 20 minutes
Are you eating enough?? The brain needs carbs
if you've been doing the same workout for 6-8 weeks it might be time to change stuff up a little.

Might be time to stop doing the forced reps for a little while, let your body recover a little....

Might even think about a week off if you've been at it a while

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 10:17:47 AM »
Hi all

Mike

Keep in mind that Dorian and other pro bb are full time bbs, they able to rest more if they need to, so when you try to train like we do it is very hard, you should try to take post wokout and before bed time 100mg Humanofort ,that will help to reduce the Cortisol level build up from the training and other stress.