Author Topic: What are the reasons you don't hit the gym twice a day?  (Read 12856 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Re: What are the reasons you don't hit the gym twice a day?
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »
I don't have any reasons why not to because I in fact DO hit the gym about twice a day, on at least 3 of the 6 days a week I'm currently making it in there.  I don't know if this is where I'll stay, but I'm letting everything regulate itself before I start a real prep and I thought that just going balls out for a little while before backing back off a bit would be a good starter.  I still have things that go haywire a few days into my program, I'm looking to get stabilized before I call myself actually prepping.  In the meantime I'm still making steady gains, though.  I'm finding my present limits and working to temper them.    

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2007, 04:53:55 PM »
With work,family,girlfriend how do you guys find time to go to the gym twice per day, i am finding it tough to go 4 days per week.

4 days a week is fine for ordinary humans.

The key for me is brief workouts (which is entirely possibly due to the fact that it's twice a day, you pretty much cut the workout in half), gyms very close to where you are at and when pressed for time hitting the homegym.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2007, 04:55:44 PM »
I really see no limitations here.

I hooked up the gym with a Nautilus pullover machine, did you know this is known as the upperbody Squat?

Can you imagine the lat development of my body once I start to incorporate this fine machine into my routine?

I'm very excited.

Z

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2007, 04:56:17 PM »
Dude they probably all make fun of you...theres a guy just like you at my gym, he's there everytime I'm there...I'll go at various random times and he's always there, he looks terrible, works out hard too...but the guy has absolutely no life, no broads, no job....come to think of it, he might be you Bluto....is your real name Joe by any chance lol....?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2007, 04:59:26 PM »
Dude they probably all make fun of you...theres a guy just like you at my gym, he's there everytime I'm there...I'll go at various random times and he's always there, he looks terrible, works out hard too...but the guy has absolutely no life, no broads, no job....come to think of it, he might be you Bluto....is your real name Joe by any chance lol....?

Whats with the attitude? It's pretty obvious you feel bad that you're not able to hang with the big dudes at the gym and train seriously. And as a result, you will always be mediocre at anything in life and look like a chump.

Z

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 04:59:55 PM »
With work,family,girlfriend how do you guys find time to go to the gym twice per day, i am finding it tough to go 4 days per week.

Bro I'm single as anyone right now with no kids and it's still all I have to give, I can't make it in there twice a day 6 days a week and that's with no one; just a job holding me back.  I kick ass at my job but you know when you're in a successful contest prep you kick ass from daylight to dark no questions asked just every fucking day in everything you do.  Most people utilizing 2-a-days do not have full time jobs, or if they do, they are very "cush."  It can happen, though.  Although I've never seen anyone competing over 225 pounds or so that could pull it off; Ronnie could because his job consisted of his sitting in his patrol car for most of the day eating chicken and talking on the phone.  If you're getting up and running around all day there's no way.  If anyone knows of any exceptions please mention them, I may be missing some.  If we can come up with the number of people who could do it then we will be able to count them on one hand, and they will all be world-class, I'm guessing.  I'd think it nearly a miracle being able to do that.  

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 05:02:57 PM »
OK look Bluto's probably fucking with you guys, I know...but I'm being serious here; anyone pulling off a two-a-day that looks good and holds down a real job is an absolute beast; and like I said, I just don't think it happens anywhere over 225.   

And yeah it's a pathetic existence if you can't eventually make something of it but this is just a temporary thing for some.   

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 05:05:08 PM »
Haha...ok big guy...I'm perfectly content with the way I look, and the way my life is going..I don't aspire to "hang" with the big dudes at my gym...funny thing is they are the ones who come up to me and ask me for advice and how I'm so lean. Dude, I'm not giving you attitude, I'm trying to understand why anybody would hit the gym twice a day, if they were not a competition bodybuilder, or have some profession dealing with fitness. Dude life is too short, enjoy your life bro! And I bet I look ten times better then you, and I spend half the amount of time in the gym that you do.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2007, 05:05:43 PM »
OK look Bluto's probably fucking with you guys, I know...but I'm being serious here; anyone pulling off a two-a-day that looks good and holds down a real job is an absolute beast; and like I said, I just don't think it happens anywhere over 225.   

And yeah it's a pathetic existence if you can't eventually make something of it but this is just a temporary thing for some.   

I don't see why not, brief workouts, a lot of offices got gyms in the same building so hitting the gym once in the morning or lunch time, then once more after work isn't a big deal. The actual time in the gym isn't more. Possibly even less.

What's the average amount of time spent in front of the television for americans? 6-7 hours a day? Absolute beasts! to be able to do that.

Z

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2007, 05:06:20 PM »
i work out in the morning and pray to the huge nassar in the evening, does it count as two sessions?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2007, 05:06:34 PM »
Haha...ok big guy...I'm perfectly content with the way I look, and the way my life is going..I don't aspire to "hang" with the big dudes at my gym...funny thing is they are the ones who come up to me and ask me for advice and how I'm so lean. Dude, I'm not giving you attitude, I'm trying to understand why anybody would hit the gym twice a day, if they were not a competition bodybuilder, or have some profession dealing with fitness. Dude life is too short, enjoy your life bro! And I bet I look ten times better then you, and I spend half the amount of time in the gym that you do.

You're disrespectful and insulting. And "lean" is just another word for being skinny.

Hope this helps.
Z

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2007, 05:07:02 PM »
Escape Goat agrees with Jeff

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2007, 05:07:30 PM »
And "big" is just another word for being fat! Big guy!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 05:08:03 PM »
i work out in the morning and pray to the huge nassar in the evening, does it count as two sessions?

No but it does miracles for the healing of the central nervous system.
Z

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 05:10:42 PM »
I don't see why not, brief workouts, a lot of offices got gyms in the same building so hitting the gym once in the morning or lunch time, then once more after work isn't a big deal. The actual time in the gym isn't more. Possibly even less.

What's the average amount of time spent in front of the television for americans? 6-7 hours a day? Absolute beasts! to be able to do that.

No I'm talking about real workouts, real sets, real exercises, real total time spent on the treadmill (read: 1.25-1.5 hours per day, consistently, at a challenging pace).   

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 05:11:12 PM »
And "big" is just another word for being fat! Big guy!

Training twice a day fights fat.
Z

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 05:12:37 PM »
Quick question, have you ever posted a picture "Big Guy?"

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2007, 05:17:19 PM »
No I'm talking about real workouts, real sets, real exercises, real total time spent on the treadmill (read: 1.25-1.5 hours per day, consistently, at a challenging pace).   

1,5 cut in half is 45 minutes. Anyone who isn't able to hit the gym for 45 minutes or less twice a day should check his priorities in life.
Z

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2007, 05:22:33 PM »
If you're going to do double sessions, escape goat recommends you pack a big lunch

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2007, 05:24:35 PM »
My cage fighting and modeling takes up most of my time

Response of the YEAR!

Don't forget you don't have time for the extra shadow boxing either  ;D

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2007, 08:54:10 PM »
My reason is simple, because HUGE Nasser did not train twice a day, except in precontest mode when doing cardio 2x a day.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2007, 09:34:09 PM »
My reason is simple, because HUGE Nasser did not train twice a day, except in precontest mode when doing cardio 2x a day.

now i believe in cardio two times a day.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2007, 05:21:01 AM »

That some unique cardio right there!
Z

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2007, 05:36:32 AM »
Do you compete?

Closest Blew-two came to bodybuilding is when he signed up for Rodney St.clouds website (G4P section)

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2007, 07:33:04 AM »
That some unique cardio right there!
indeed