Author Topic: What are the reasons you don't hit the gym twice a day?  (Read 12858 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: What are the reasons you don't hit the gym twice a day?
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2011, 04:09:41 PM »
people who can do two-a-days are crazy!!!..I've tried...I was fried and burnt to a crisp after two weeks

aglifter

• Getbig III
  • Conan! What is best in life?
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2011, 02:30:03 PM »
The key is brief workouts at a gym close to you, when I originally was looking for a house I made sure the gym was close nearby.

I rent an apartment literally across the street from a gym.

biggerthanuandu

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2011, 04:53:36 PM »
Ok so here goes my first real post regarding anything having to do with working out. I was just talking to someone about this earlier today.

I was at one time given an opportunity at having an extended vacation. During this time I did little else besides eat, rest, read and workout. Upon first arrival, a few others I was on this vacation with asked if I wanted to work out with them. First thing in the morning and just before or after dinner. Usually during the time in between we would be doing our own thing and incorporate some time for push ups, step training, focus mitts, heavy bag... Something....There were all kinds of variances we incorporated as to the way we did things. One morn weights, evening extreme cardio or other way around.  Five times a week. Three days on then one rest. Two days on then one rest. At first it was gruelling. When I was first invited to work out with these guys I was just watched by others from a distance. A couple of weeks went by and people were saying they were surprised to see I was still able to work out with them as most people (everyone) quit or were asked to leave. I was just so happy to workout with the equipment we had I wasn't quitting for anything. Not 'everybody' was allowed to use this equipment.

So, this is what happened. At first I was beaten. Totally exhausted. I was encouraged evenso so I kept it up. Over time I adapted. Over a little more it became a way of life and I wasn't 'right' unless I was active in some way all the time. My threshold increased. I got 'strong'. Endurance. Tolerant. It took much more to have me call out pain.

So, if you have time and determination and a purpose for doing two a days I see no harm in doing so. You will get strong for sure. Doing quads in morning and hams in evening doesnt count though imo. That seems pussy to me. I could see doing heavy superset beat the shit out of yourself chest in am then back or even legs in pm with a run for lunch as a real two a day with a bonus in between. haha Once in a while we would do chest and legs both heavy in the same day just to see if we could do it and still work out the next day and not be bitches. Yea we got stronger every day.  Thing is with doing this tpe of thing you must (just speaking for myself) make time for LOTS of REST!!!!!!) Yea thats the important thing. That's what I did lots of in between. Fukin loved that shit. Work out, shower, eat, get a book, rub one out and sleepersssssssssss....

Who the fuk in the real world has time for that?

Biggy

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2011, 08:54:49 AM »
Nice post from Big-Than-Du. Quite a few very big and strong men have trained twice, and even three or more, times a day. The trick is to keep each workout short and brief, not going to the point of failure. Want the body to adapt to every session, not become burned out quickly by doing too much. Allowing the CNS to recover is the key. Cardio is not included on any lifting day.

Can train opposite or same body parts in a workout day, when doing twice or more. See what the needs and purpose of your workouts are and than design a program for them. A lot of people will work compound exercises in the morning, than in the afternoon/night work triceps & biceps or delts. Or squats in the morning and Hacks or leg presses later on that day. Three times a day is simple to set up, but again short & to the point workouts only. Most Olympic lifters have been known to do this style of training. Good Luck.
F

biggerthanuandu

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2011, 05:50:35 PM »
Allowing the CNS to recover is the key.

That
Biggy

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2011, 07:41:03 PM »
Absolutely Big-Than-Du. That why approaching the point of failure, the exercise should end. Serious lifters know this. Only ones who don't seem to understand are BB'ers who read too many mags and watch too many make believe workout videos of their hero's. Or get caught up in ego training.  Recovery of the CNS will make or break you.

If on 'roids, HGH, etc you may get by with all out efforts most sets.  Though even guy's on heavy doses of whatever understand that they don't have to break their balls in any workout.They train hard no doubt, but still have a few reps left after a heavy set. Go to Vegas, SoCal, etc and watch the Big Boy's train and you will see what I mean. Might also suggest that a complete ROM does not exist in their world. More like 1/3 to 1/2 does it. Good Luck
F

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2011, 10:08:13 PM »
if you work out like a bodybuilder its very easy to go twice a day...

bench

breakmore

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2011, 07:06:23 AM »
Because I'm an ecto and not on a shitload of gear, so i think it will hinder my progress.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2011, 11:29:48 AM »

Its called "life".

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2011, 08:29:20 PM »
Because I'm an ecto and not on a shitload of gear, so i think it will hinder my progress.
you dont need gear...and all that ecto, meso stuff is just another excuse..

bench

breakmore

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2011, 03:27:48 AM »
you dont need gear...and all that ecto, meso stuff is just another excuse..

bench

Damn what an eye-opener, i will now train 2 times a day 7 days a week, thanks.

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2011, 08:51:10 PM »
i dont do two a days because it makes me eat too much and defeats the purpose of getting ripped
well naturally you'll eat more. i'm sure though if you eat super clean the cardio will "rip it up baby". ;-)

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2011, 10:42:11 AM »
are we talking 2 weight sessions per day, or cardio and weights?

all my preps ive got up 5am to do cardio, start work at 7, finish at 3,, weights at 6, followed by more cardio..

7 days a week, 16 weeks....

youd have to be a moron to do this with no end in sight tho!

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2011, 11:30:59 AM »
that's dedication dude. :) i'm thinking about throwing in a morning gym visit just for a cardio session. and then going again at my normal time (4:00pm) for weights only. looking to gain some definition and i think that would be the least catabolic way to go about it.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2011, 11:34:25 AM »
morning cardio was in the house,,,, no 24hr gyms in my part of uk

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2011, 01:46:56 PM »
are we talking 2 weight sessions per day, or cardio and weights?

all my preps ive got up 5am to do cardio, start work at 7, finish at 3,, weights at 6, followed by more cardio..

7 days a week, 16 weeks....

youd have to be a moron to do this with no end in sight tho!

I wish I could do this.,...I would quickly burn out...whats your diet like?...how are you feeling strength-wise?...are you losing lots of fat?..I would like to try this but i'll wait for your feedback

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2011, 10:41:01 AM »
i was taking everything i could afford to take,,,, diet was perfect, my strength was pretty much the same on everything apart from squats and deadlfits, but probly more to loosing so much weight, started around 280, ended up 225... last 5lbs are the hardest

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2011, 10:51:53 AM »
i cant remember the diet perfectly,,,

somthing along the lines of

6.30   80g oats, 60g whey, 5 almonds, 5 bccas
9.00   250g turkey 100g sweet pot, greens, spoon of oil
12.00 250g turkey  100g sweet pot,greens , 5almonds, bccas
3.00   250g turkey  100g sweet pot,greens, spoon of oil
6.30   (pre)60g whey, bannana, 5 bccas
8.30  (post)60g whey,carb drink,5 bccas
9.30   250g turkey, 100g sweet pot, greens, 5 almonds
11.30  45g pro peptide

as the diet progressed the carbs halved, fats stayed the same, as did the protein, for last 4 weeks shakes were taken out, all food

heres before and after, 280  225

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2011, 11:19:10 AM »
hard to believe there's 55lbs difference in those pics. :o i guess this is a perfect example of how definition creates the illusion of size. *thumbs up* care to talk about which pharmaceuticals you were on?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2011, 11:29:09 AM »
16 to 6 weeks..... sus, decca ... gh 8 ius, ephidrene, clen, arimidex

6 weeks to 0........... prop, (tren, prima, masteron) would fill the rest of the barrel with one of these, alternating everyday

1o stromba, 10 dbol, 10 anavar ed

1 nolva, 1 arimidex ed

liquid clen, ephidrene ed

abijahmaniaco

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2011, 12:37:51 PM »
interesting and insightful. although i'm scared of hgh bc of rumored distended belly look.
did you drop the dbol six weeks out? it's notorious for water retention.
what is "stromba"?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2011, 08:09:07 AM »
nah, kept the orals in the full 6 weeks, water retention wasnt realy a problem, with clean diet, cardio and all the anti estrogens,,, plus youl loose all that water when you dry out anyway

stromba is oral winstrol

gh wont distend your belly unless you use huge amounts along side insulin

if i were to compete again id change the injections round to have more tren and masteron to test ratio, and drop the prima completely

for the orals i would change the dbol for halo in the last 2 weeks