Author Topic: Shogun vs. Tito at UFC 83?  (Read 6766 times)

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Shogun vs. Tito at UFC 83?
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 10:34:26 AM »
Yes I do. It's becoming a trend that these Pride guys get their money in the UFC

that's the thing though....

they're gettin the big bux right out of the gate, so dana has no choice but to put them in as headliners

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 10:42:41 AM »
Shogun beat the shit out of the current UFC champ. Shogun didn't train properly for his last fight with forrest. The guy got married two weeks before that fight.

With that logic, Marc Coleman beat the shit out of Shogun.
Predictions
 40/61

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 11:10:53 AM »

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 11:16:58 AM »
Yes I do. It's becoming a trend that these Pride guys get their money in the UFC so they think they don't have to train hard. Frankly, I am sick of it. Put Shogun on the TUF finale card or something.

What are you talking about?

Anderson Silva has gone through the UFC's middleweight division, and Rampage has gone through the UFC's lightheavy weight division. The next heavyweight champ will be Big Nog.

"Young Danielson," all these guys are pride fighters! ;)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007, 11:25:03 AM »
What are you talking about?

Anderson Silva has gone through the UFC's middleweight division, and Rampage has gone through the UFC's lightheavy weight division. The next heavyweight champ will be Big Nog.

"Young Danielson," all these guys are pride fighters! ;)

They are pretty good, but what about Crocop and Shogun?  :(
E

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 11:35:49 AM »
They are pretty good, but what about Crocop and Shogun?  :(

I don't know what to say about them.

Those two are the biggest upsets of the year.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 11:37:05 AM »
I don't know what to say about them.

Those two are the biggest upsets of the year.

CC lost twice.
E

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 12:36:05 PM »
It's a fact!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15poq_shogun-rua-vs-rampage-jackson-ref-c_sport

Ive seen that fight along with every single one of Shogun's fights, Rampage's floating ribs were seperated with that knee early on (an injury), but instead of giving up he ate shot after shot and still wasn't ko'd, in Pride rules where kicks and knees to the head of a downed opponent are allowed (which Shogun used in that fight). How does that mean Shogun would beat Rampage today?  That was Rampage's last fight with Team Oyama, Juanito Ibarra has made Rampage twice the fighter he was then.  Shogun on the other hand really hasn't improved much and the UFC's rules don't really help him much either.  Watch all of Shogun's fights since Marc Coleman "beat the shit out of Shogun", and tell me he's the same Shogun that won the MWGP.  Like I said Shogun's wrestling sucks, his boxing sucks (he's sloppy and pretty hittable), the only thing Shogun has to rely on is his BJJ, that's pretty much what he's been relying on since his fight with Coleman, and the UFC's no head stomps or knees to the head on the ground ain't gonna help him much either.  At least Wandy realized this and looked to better his game in order to adapt to the different rules, Thiago Silva is also being smart by splitting his training time with Team Link (ATT).
Predictions
 40/61

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2007, 01:41:30 PM »
Ive seen that fight along with every single one of Shogun's fights, Rampage's floating ribs were seperated with that knee early on (an injury), but instead of giving up he ate shot after shot and still wasn't ko'd, in Pride rules where kicks and knees to the head of a downed opponent are allowed (which Shogun used in that fight). How does that mean Shogun would beat Rampage today?  That was Rampage's last fight with Team Oyama, Juanito Ibarra has made Rampage twice the fighter he was then.  Shogun on the other hand really hasn't improved much and the UFC's rules don't really help him much either.  Watch all of Shogun's fights since Marc Coleman "beat the shit out of Shogun", and tell me he's the same Shogun that won the MWGP.  Like I said Shogun's wrestling sucks, his boxing sucks (he's sloppy and pretty hittable), the only thing Shogun has to rely on is his BJJ, that's pretty much what he's been relying on since his fight with Coleman, and the UFC's no head stomps or knees to the head on the ground ain't gonna help him much either.  At least Wandy realized this and looked to better his game in order to adapt to the different rules, Thiago Silva is also being smart by splitting his training time with Team Link (ATT).

not sure if shogun would beat rampage today.. probably not but he killed him before.  rampage will eventually be exposed.
irongearco.com

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 07:00:31 PM »

not sure if shogun would beat rampage today.. probably not but he killed him before.  rampage will eventually be exposed.

Rampage will definately be exposed, there is a few guys out there whose strengths play into Rampage's weaknesses, Rampage is still very beatable.  The thing I have never like about Chuteboxe fighters is their sloppy boxing, they may have decent Muay Thai, and they may be aggressive, and it has always worked for them, but nowadays your seeing that everybody is learning Muay Thai, Boxing,Wrestling and BJJ, and here is Chuteboxe with the Muay Thai and BJJ and it's not really cutting it anymore.  Look at Ninja for example, he used to be a force at 205lbs, he arguably beat Dan Henderson and Rampage and lately he's been getting torn up on his feet in almost every fight (with the exception of Villasenor, although he did eat some shots in that fight too though)and having to resort to his BJJ, and luckily most of his opponents suck on the ground.  The same is happening to Shogun.
Predictions
 40/61

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 09:02:30 PM »
Rampage will definately be exposed, there is a few guys out there whose strengths play into Rampage's weaknesses, Rampage is still very beatable. 

I tend to agree...

rampage really did look like shit against freeman in his first ufc fight and lets face it,he caught chuck on the button with one punch

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 09:20:27 PM »
Agreed, but the deal with Page is the man is extremely strong, can punch,  and he isn't a "Houston"  :-X on his back.. Page is going to be a top 5 for a while if he continues working his ass off. I believe the downfall will be himself. It's not a secret how much he likes to train. He speaks about it freely. I thnk you will see what happened with Chuck. Page will become Mr. popular, spot lights and he will get his ass trashed.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2007, 04:15:56 PM »

You are absolutely correct, Shogun sucks. ::)

http://www.heavy.com/video/21995