Author Topic: Progress  (Read 8274 times)

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Progress
« on: December 07, 2007, 03:27:40 PM »
Emmm, I've kind of been watching the getbig boards for a while and don't usually leave any comments. Everyone here knows a hell of a lot more than I do etc. My friend has convinced me to post a few pictures about

Started training on 24th April 07. I managed to get through that and training picked up. I did interval training most mornings before breakfast, sometimes having to fit it in at 4am and was in the weights room every afternoon, along with the diet.

My weights in the main lifts at the beginning:
Bench: 45kg 4x5
Squat: 50kg 5x3
Deadlift:85kg 3x3

My weights 12 weeks later:
Bench: 95kg 5x5
Squat: 135kg 5x3
Deadlift: 182.5kg 3x3

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Re: Progress
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 03:29:17 PM »
8 weeks later

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 03:30:44 PM »

COLOSSAL beer belly! Do you mix your shakes with Miller Lite? Did the crew from 'Jackass' buzz the back of your head?

Welcome to THUNDERDOME, bitch!

In all seriousness...you did a good job!  8)
?

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 03:33:04 PM »
12 weeks

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 03:37:10 PM »
Where the fck did you find that vintage 1972 locker room? That place looks sweet!
a

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 03:40:04 PM »
Great work. Nice squat bruise. Enjoy a whole new life experience.
~

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 03:43:32 PM »
very nice job...any assistance in the form of gear??

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 03:44:36 PM »
good for you dude..good story to hear..lifting  keeps you focused on a goal, and away from the shit life throws at you.. thats the good side of bodybuilding, not like the fags you see these days prancing onstage.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 03:45:29 PM »
VERY good job.

This perhaps may be the mark of ending delusionality for yourself.  Don`t get too involved with bodybuilding or you will be worse off than previous when you were suffering the aforementioned mental illness.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 03:48:48 PM »
May i add i know this guy personally and i trained with him every day for the 12 weeks. Guys a mate of mine.

awesome job ben!

also no assistance at all from gear

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »
I hope to compete in another few PL comps in the next few years and maybe do a bit of BB on the side. All comments and constructive criticism appreciated

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 03:55:27 PM »
As Goudy says, it's all natural. I'm in a drug tested PL federation now as well. I think I mentioned that above somewhere.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 04:00:09 PM »
Again, great job..always remember, treat your body well...put only good things into it. Our bodies and what it encompasses are our only true posessions in life. Sure, we own cars, homes, etc... but these material things come and go. Most people take better care of their cars than their own damn bodies.. it's sickening..few are truely in touch with themselves today..I have every confidence in the world that you will only do good things for yourself and your body for the rest of your life.. it's an honor to have you as an Iron Brother..welcome!
p.s. you look exactly like a brother of mine..

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 04:02:12 PM »
Emmm, I've kind of been watching the getbig boards for a while and don't usually leave any comments. Everyone here knows a hell of a lot more than I do etc. My friend has convinced me to post a few pictures about my progress though.

This is my story...from the age of 13 I've had severe mental illness, this cleared up after a year or so and everything seemed ok. There were a few stumbling blocks along the way, I won't get into it too much. During my last few years at high school, alcohol became more of a vice for me. After high school I went away travelling and began drinking a hell of a lot. Usually at least a litre of vodka a day. Bear in mind I was only 18 at this stage, so waking up to a pint of raw vodka wasn't a good sign. So, as would be expected, my health went to shit. I came home from travelling, ended up going to the gym one day and met up with a couple of friends there. I said I wanted to get training and one of my mates, who's a personal trainer suggested I do the body for life. I know at this point a whole lot of you will probably sigh and shake your heads and think I'm a body for life loser. Bear with me.

A few days later the training started, this was on 24th April 07. The hardest thing at the start wasn't the training, but the lack of drink. I got the shakes, headaches and a whole lot of other shit. I managed to get through that and training picked up. I did interval training most mornings before breakfast, sometimes having to fit it in at 4am and was in the weights room every afternoon, along with the diet.

My weights in the main lifts at the beginning:
Bench: 45kg 4x5
Squat: 50kg 5x3
Deadlift:85kg 3x3

My weights 12 weeks later:
Bench: 95kg 5x5
Squat: 135kg 5x3
Deadlift: 182.5kg 3x3

By the end of the 12 weeks I'd dropped around 42lb of fat and managed to put on around 25lb of muscle. Here are the pictures: (These are before by the way) ;D

Hahahah no no no my good man. If you have turned to bodybuilding your mental illness has not cleared up. It has silently moved to stage 2.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 04:08:54 PM »
Where the fck did you find that vintage 1972 locker room? That place looks sweet!

I think you mean 1961! Ha ha. That's Centaur in Belfast city centre, NI. It's like 47 years old, all the same equipment, plates orginally painted in Belfast shipyard. I don't think any of the weights are calibrated, all thick bars with no bend. No heating and the showers smell like shit. It's awesome ;D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 04:18:14 PM »
Such progress in such a short time... extremely fishy?  ;D
Good job!

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »
If you truely had no "assistance"...then take the suspicions as a major compliment.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 04:24:54 PM »
seriously man good job in overcoming your problem and getting into great shape, awesome story.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »
Stop for the Nasser-Mobile...passing through!

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2007, 04:28:58 PM »
you're just twelve steps away from your next drink  ;)
X

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 04:29:48 PM »
Great Job! Although its complete Bullshit you dropped that much fat and gained that much muscle in that short a period, easily on something, its not even a debate.But you did a great transformation.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2007, 04:33:12 PM »
He's still in his teens, why would he need to be on something?  He's got enough testosterone going in his system that guys 10 years older than him would have to be on cycle just to compare with.

Congrats, you've got good genetics and a decent build, cheers.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2007, 04:38:13 PM »
Great Job! Although its complete Bullshit you dropped that much fat and gained that much muscle in that short a period, easily on something, its not even a debate.But you did a great transformation.

Well done burn.  Great to hear that the power of the Iron has comforted you and guided you on the right path.

db--Are you saying that burn is not natural?  certainly looks natural to me.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2007, 04:38:51 PM »
He's still in his teens, why would he need to be on something?  He's got enough testosterone going in his system that guys 10 years older than him would have to be on cycle just to compare with.

Congrats, you've got good genetics and a decent build, cheers.

Scientific studies have proven for a natural the most that can be gained in a YEAR is 18 pounds of muscle, thats with a caloric Surplus, constant training and on a genetic ELITE.People will come in and say "well I gained 40 pounds in a year!," well you probably gained 12 pounds of muscle, 20 pounds of fat and 8 pounds of water, unless you are on hormones, but thats a different discussion.This guy breaks all records and gains 25 pounds of Muscle no less, while losing 42 pounds of fat, while in a caloric defecit and all in 3 months  ::) .

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2007, 04:39:56 PM »
Well done burn.  Great to hear that the power of the Iron has comforted you and guided you on the right path.

db--Are you saying that burn is not natural?  certainly looks natural to me.

It isnt how he looks, its the timeframe and way he says he did it.He looks great, taking nothing away from the great job he did, but people need to learn to use some common sense.