Author Topic: BSN lawsuit - don't believe everything you read!  (Read 8610 times)

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
Re: BSN lawsuit - don't believe everything you read!
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 07:24:12 AM »
Haha, I always have to laugh when I read in Coleman interviews how BSN products helped him so much and are such a big contribution to his success. Exactly the year he signed with BSN his career started to go downhill rapidly......... The protein powders of his former sponsor must have been better.

LOL.....HAHAHA. it's unbelievable what these Supps companies would  do to sell their Shits. I wonder why there is no strict Regulations to the supplement companies. Apparently, they're making a killing out of people's Pockets
Get Big, or Die Trying

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 07:25:15 AM »
Their general market is aimed at 14-21 yr olds who are uninformed and naieve. How do they justify using super steroid and growth hormoned using people to sell their products? Ronnie Coleman never got 'wicked pumps' and 'unreal explosion in growth' before that company ever existed?

B$N can kiss my hairy pimply butt!

Great post !

Detroit Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Les Miles, please
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2007, 08:13:44 AM »
It's a common misconception that it is easy to file a baseless lawsuit.  Not true in federal court and in most states.  Federal Court has Rule 11 and most states have a similar analog that says that if you file a lawsuit that is baseless, then you will pay the defending party's legal fees and costs.  Some states may even impose treble damages to discourage baseless lawsuits.  I can assure you that this action was not filed without merit.  Sorry Ron, but you are wrong on this one.

Even if a Rule 11 sanction didn't work, it will probably still cost the plaintiff, assuming he hired competent counsel, a buttload of money just to initiate the lawsuit and go through discovery.  Heaven forbid if they went to trial, which might be in BSN's interest unless they can keep the plaintiff quiet about the terms of the settlement.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2007, 08:18:09 AM »
Even if a Rule 11 sanction didn't work, it will probably still cost the plaintiff, assuming he hired competent counsel, a buttload of money just to initiate the lawsuit and go through discovery.  Heaven forbid if they went to trial, which might be in BSN's interest unless they can keep the plaintiff quiet about the terms of the settlement.

If its a class action lawsuit as Ron indicated, you can't keep the terms of the settlement quiet.

Detroit Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Les Miles, please
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 08:25:51 AM »
There are two guys at my work who rave about that stuff.  It's awful having to use the john after one of them comes out.

Exactly.  That's probably why they're coming out with PlasmaJet--to replace their super laxative.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2007, 08:59:00 AM »
im no chemist but it looks like the chinese are making the stuff too, not just bsn.

http://waseta.en.alibaba.com/product/50385944/51878799/Amino_Acid/Creatine_Ethyl_Ester_Malate.html

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2007, 11:07:21 AM »
Clever BSN marketing

STREET CRED

"No explode is the best supplement I've ever used" Ronnie Coleman

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2007, 11:35:17 AM »

umm no this is federal court everything works. No lawyer is going to ruin his career and bankrupt his practice over some faulty lab tests, you and the lawyers can bank on that

BSN got caught talk to supplement insiders such as the ones that post here, the legit ones will tell you "eh, you won't believe what else goes on, that is nothing" the non legit ones that sell garbage will say "this is a baseless attack on the industry"

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2007, 11:43:43 AM »
It's a common misconception that it is easy to file a baseless lawsuit.  Not true in federal court and in most states.  Federal Court has Rule 11 and most states have a similar analog that says that if you file a lawsuit that is baseless, then you will pay the defending party's legal fees and costs.  Some states may even impose treble damages to discourage baseless lawsuits.  I can assure you that this action was not filed without merit.  Sorry Ron, but you are wrong on this one.

The idea that there are so many "baseless lawsuits" and that we have "too much litigation" clogging our system is a bunch of shit. The notion is brought to us by the very corporations that are tired of being held accountable.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2007, 01:55:14 PM »

Ha - I am laughing at this. I think I have been involved in about 6-7 suits now, and yes, a lot were baseless. Oh, even a summary judgement to dismiss takes 60 days, plus 30 days to respond and so on. Get with it.

We fought one baseless lawsuit, and won, but it cost us $30,000, and since the judge didnt think it was outrageous, didnt just go ahead and award anything. Meanwhile, the other side is based on contingency, hoping that you will settle and they get some money for lawyer fees.

Another lawsuit, we won, but it took two years to finish, and cost another $30,000 plus time, all to get $25,000.

Still another lawsuit, the file, and just hope you will settle for something, less than it would  cost to go through a trail. Keep in mind, lawyer fees can range for $200-450 a hour, plus a lot more, so just defending yourself can cost 30K or more. Yes, way too many baseless lawsuits in our country.

BSN is BSN, but when even the top 'rival' supplement companies think this lawsuit isnt right, and have tested for it, then you need to think about things.  Reminds me of this one study that said 20% of all supplements contains steroids! Wait... didn't that study just come out this week.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2007, 02:01:40 PM »
NoXplode is definitely a badass product. It works for sure.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2007, 02:15:07 PM »
Ron,

what percentage of Ronnie's muscles are from those cutting edge BSN products and what percentage are from steroids?

Ha - I am laughing at this. I think I have been involved in about 6-7 suits now, and yes, a lot were baseless. Oh, even a summary judgement to dismiss takes 60 days, plus 30 days to respond and so on. Get with it.

We fought one baseless lawsuit, and won, but it cost us $30,000, and since the judge didnt think it was outrageous, didnt just go ahead and award anything. Meanwhile, the other side is based on contingency, hoping that you will settle and they get some money for lawyer fees.

Another lawsuit, we won, but it took two years to finish, and cost another $30,000 plus time, all to get $25,000.

Still another lawsuit, the file, and just hope you will settle for something, less than it would  cost to go through a trail. Keep in mind, lawyer fees can range for $200-450 a hour, plus a lot more, so just defending yourself can cost 30K or more. Yes, way too many baseless lawsuits in our country.

BSN is BSN, but when even the top 'rival' supplement companies think this lawsuit isnt right, and have tested for it, then you need to think about things.  Reminds me of this one study that said 20% of all supplements contains steroids! Wait... didn't that study just come out this week.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2007, 02:22:03 PM »

So you're saying that although the charges against you were dropped you didn't get financial remuneration because the charges were not outrageous?  I think the only prerequisite for getting your legal fees reimbursed should be having the charges dropped.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2007, 02:24:41 PM »

???

sbfreak

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »
when i first bought it i didn't even read what was in it. it just gave me crazy pumps. i've tried superpump250 but like the no xplode a little better. as long as it gives me the pumps i really dont care what's in it.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2007, 03:10:04 PM »
when i first bought it i didn't even read what was in it. it just gave me crazy pumps. i've tried superpump250 but like the no xplode a little better. as long as it gives me the pumps i really dont care what's in it.

Same here, providing it is nothing dangerous.  That said, listing the ingredients properly is the socially responsible and moral thing to do.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2007, 03:16:23 PM »
NoXplode is definitely a badass product. It works for sure.

Hi Bsn

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2007, 06:39:35 PM »
i thought BSN was out of boca raton

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2007, 08:18:28 PM »
What is all this BS about creatine ,I think is over rated you will not get better result from Ethyl Ester Malate than from Creatine mono, is all about marketing to make $$$$.  Is even bigger BS going on with the Tribulus products, every company is focusing on how much % Protodioscin they have in their product ,actually is not only the Protodioscin furostanol is important.  The 2 dominating furostanol bisglycosides have been identified as protodiscin and protogracillin and have been tested biologically as a pure substances.  To test the protodioscin you need to have a standard which it is available in the USA ( finally), for the protogracillin is no standard in the USA, the standard for protogracillin is available only in Bulgaria. And the % between the 2 furostanol is very important.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2007, 08:29:59 PM »
I'm filing this whole thread under the category "who cares?"  ::)

Who the hell takes any of the crap BSN or any of their competitors are selling anyway?  You could just toss your money out the window instead, and your results would be the same.
Ron: "I am lazy."

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2007, 08:51:44 AM »

Sorry to hear that Ron.  You must not have had good attorneys.  I've been successful at getting client's Rule 11 sanctions on meritless actions in Federal court.  As for spending 30 grand to make 25?  That's just poor judgment on your part.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2007, 11:36:16 AM »

too bad there is no correlation between crazy pumps and actual muscle growth

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2007, 12:17:12 PM »

And that's why I still continue to market memberships for Pre-Paid Legal Services alongside my nutritional business.  Businesses need to protect themselves from stuff like this and bodybuilders need to protect themselves as well with all the round-ups going on.

Hate to say but business has been good and not for the right reasons

Melvin Goodrum & Associates
http://www.melvingoodrum.com
A

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2007, 07:19:15 AM »
One more thing occurred to me as I re-read Ron's original post.  The other supplement companies are coming to BSN's defense because they do the same thing.  So, they are scared that they will be next.  And scared they should be.  If you sell a product and advertise that it contains certain ingredients, when in fact it does not, that is a fraud on the public for which punitive damages are available.  In class action suits those will be more than enough to bankrupt the most solvent of supplement companies.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2007, 07:22:45 AM »
Supplement companies have been doing this for years. If BSN falls, they all will fall right behind them.

8)