Author Topic: "He is the One"  (Read 6658 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
"He is the One"
« on: December 08, 2007, 08:16:52 PM »
Oprah's quote on Obama.

I am seriously thinking he could win the nomination.  He's leading in Iowa, New hampshire, and I read it's a 2-point different in S. Carolina. 

he could win it.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Re: "He is the One"
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 08:20:11 PM »
Oprah's quote on Obama.

I am seriously thinking he could win the nomination.  He's leading in Iowa, New hampshire, and I read it's a 2-point different in S. Carolina. 

he could win it.
2 things that I know you will come back to fight with a fury. Well, maybe only one.

1.) We will likely see a black male President before we will see a woman.

2.) People are voting/polling based on what they think is right (as if voting against a black man was somehow wrong) by societal standards.  They all want to seem progressive.
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 08:28:50 PM »
2.) People are voting/polling based on what they think is right (as if voting against a black man was somehow wrong) by societal standards.  They all want to seem progressive.

But.... 10 months ago.... 5 months ago.... 2 months ago....

Hilary led by 20 to 30 points in every poll.

Today, Obama leads in polls in the first 3 states.  If he wins all 3, it's over. 

cap86, are you saying that people were non-PC for the last year, then ALL suddenly decided to change positions at once?

I don't buy that.  *IF* Obama had led all the time, okay, I might buy that.  But your contention does not explain a 20 to 30 point swing in popularity in such a short time.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 08:32:15 PM »
maybe Oprah had more pull they than we thought?  Everyone said she would only be good for a small bump.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 08:34:27 PM »
I told you.   ;)

Seriously though, the Dems are forcing a PC choice with their candidates.  Add Oprah to the mix and all the negative press with Hilary and Q&A sessions the momentum shifts away from her.  As far as Dems are concerned, there are no other people running.  Either way the decision is PC but bad press and people buying another Oprah endorsement (does this bitch actually read all those books?) he has some power.  Hilary was the progressive choice until her recent messes.  Rich white liberals will think it is cool and en vogue to vote for "the black guy".
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 08:39:01 PM »
I think Oprah is part of a bigger thing - a shift in people seeing Hilary as NOT inevitable, and the media and larger groups putting resources behind him.

He's ahead in the first 3 caucus states.  I am floored by that.  I never would have beleived he'd be in this position, 3 weeks out.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 08:40:45 PM »
I told you.   ;)

Seriously though, the Dems are forcing a PC choice with their candidates.  Add Oprah to the mix and all the negative press with Hilary and Q&A sessions the momentum shifts away from her.  As far as Dems are concerned, there are no other people running.  Either way the decision is PC but bad press and people buying another Oprah endorsement (does this bitch actually read all those books?) he has some power.  Hilary was the progressive choice until her recent messes.  Rich white liberals will think it is cool and en vogue to vote for "the black guy".

So you think Oprah was the reason that 20% of Iowans switched from Hilary to Obama?

Do you think she has that kind of influence?

And if so - you're saying that these thousands of voters are not being honest - they're just lying to pollsters because oprah is coming?

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 08:45:26 PM »
I think Oprah is part of a bigger thing - a shift in people seeing Hilary as NOT inevitable, and the media and larger groups putting resources behind him.

He's ahead in the first 3 caucus states.  I am floored by that.  I never would have beleived he'd be in this position, 3 weeks out.
Oprah backing a Black candidate doesn't hurt but what does that say about the idiot voters out there.  This is a woman who gives away cars, supposedly reads numerous books and then book sales go up and fought beef companies.  What the hell qualifies her to endorse anyone?  Better yet, why do people listen to a celebrity who will always be rich even if Britney Spears was president?  Like Alice Cooper said, never listen to celebs on who to vote for.  She is backing him only because he is black. 

I think that people listen to Oprah (for some reason) and Hilary has a lot of bad press right now.  I think with polling lies that I have learned about , people skew results even in private surveys.  They survey based on what they think people would find acceptable.  You can research that.  It happens a lot.  Add a black dude into the mix and it makes sense.  Who wants to seem racist?  Nobody wants to think they are so they fill out the survey as a "progressive" PC minded person when they might not always be that way.
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 08:47:11 PM »
Oprah backing a Black candidate doesn't hurt but what does that say about the idiot voters out there.  This is a woman who gives away cars, supposedly reads numerous books and then book sales go up and fought beef companies.  What the hell qualifies her to endorse anyone?  Better yet, why do people listen to a celebrity who will always be rich even if Britney Spears was president?  Like Alice Cooper said, never listen to celebs on who to vote for.  She is backing him only because he is black. 

I think that people listen to Oprah (for some reason) and Hilary has a lot of bad press right now.  I think with polling lies that I have learned about , people skew results even in private surveys.  They survey based on what they think people would find acceptable.  You can research that.  It happens a lot.  Add a black dude into the mix and it makes sense.  Who wants to seem racist?  Nobody wants to think they are so they fill out the survey as a "progressive" PC minded person when they might not always be that way.

So.... all these people are lying to pollsters for the last 3 weeks because Oprah is doing a speech today?

That was your point.  Do you stand by it?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 08:49:50 PM »
She is backing him only because he is black. 

cap86,

Why didn't Oprah back Alan Keyes in 2000 when he ran for President?

He is black. 

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 08:56:29 PM »

So.... all these people are lying to pollsters for the last 3 weeks because Oprah is doing a speech today?

That was your point.  Do you stand by it?
You didn't read the whole thing did you?  Hilary's bad press plus the Oprah endorsement made a difference, more with the former IMO.  There is a reality of poll biases.  I would think you would know about that.  It happens a lot in surveys; it is always something to consider with reliability, always.  If you don't think a black candidate made into a front-runner candidate by the media doesn't fuck with people's voting then I don't know what to say.  The guy was a nobody until the media got ahold of him and from then on it was "it is time" or "he could be the first", yada yada yada.  You don't hear the thugs bragging about him; it is liberal white apologists who think this will redeem them from feeling guilty about slavery.
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 09:37:09 PM »
cap86,

Why didn't Oprah back Alan Keyes in 2000 when he ran for President?

He is black. 

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 08:21:45 AM »

No chance of winning the Republican nomination.  That's why.
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 08:28:47 AM »
No chance of winning the Republican nomination.  That's why.

He got 3rd in Iowa.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 08:33:45 AM »
He got 3rd in Iowa.

Okay.  Colin Powell was the only Black man in recent years that could have gone far in the Republican party nomination.
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 08:37:37 AM »
Okay.  Colin Powell was the only Black man in recent years that could have gone far in the Republican party nomination.

Keyes got 3rd in Iowa.

In 3 weeks, either Romney, Rudy, McCain, or Huckabee will take 3rd in Iowa.
All all can "go far in the Republican party nomination".

Top 3 in Iowa means you can still win.  So why didn't Oprah endorse Keyes?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 10:28:35 AM »
She is backing him only because he is black. 

Maybe she is backing him only because he is white?  Have you seen his mother? 

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 10:56:02 AM »
Maybe she is backing him only because he is white?  Have you seen his mother? 
  ;D.  Yep, it couldn't be his Kenyan father.

I firmly believe this is the ONLY reason that Huckabee is gaining ground.   ::) 
&feature=user  It has nothing to do with Romney and Giuliani looking like idiots.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 11:05:25 AM »
  ;D.  Yep, it couldn't be his Kenyan father.

I firmly believe this is the ONLY reason that Huckabee is gaining ground.   ::) 
&feature=user  It has nothing to do with Romney and Giuliani looking like idiots.

You never know.  Oprah could have a thing for white men.   :)

I think the Chuck Norris commercial was great, but part of the reason Huckabee has risen is he is a very strong conservative candidate.  One of the few without baggage.  Honest man.  Good track record.  He is my favorite candidate at this point.  Subject to change . . . .   

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 11:09:05 AM »
You never know.  Oprah could have a thing for white men.   :)

I think the Chuck Norris commercial was great, but part of the reason Huckabee has risen is he is a very strong conservative candidate.  One of the few without baggage.  Honest man.  Good track record.  He is my favorite candidate at this point.  Subject to change . . . .   
Lol, but what about Stedman?

Huck and Chuck cracked me.  I also like him as a candidate and I agree with him on the issues.  As long as he sticks to his guns and doesn't plant questions  ;) then I'm good.  None of this Ron Paul crap.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2007, 11:23:13 AM »
Lol, but what about Stedman?

Huck and Chuck cracked me.  I also like him as a candidate and I agree with him on the issues.  As long as he sticks to his guns and doesn't plant questions  ;) then I'm good.  None of this Ron Paul crap.

Danielson said he is a "beard."  One of the many words I've learned on this site.   :) 

I doubt Huck will plant questions like Hillary. 

Ron Paul is a good man, but I really don't think he has a legit shot to win the nomination.  He has created a buzz, but really hasn't been moving in the polls.  What's interesting is if we go back about 3 or 4 months we'd probably see Huck polling about the same as Paul (haven't looked).   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 02:44:03 AM »
Hil will bounce back..she's the best politician in either party. She's smarter then Obama and will get her shit together. And yeah i guess i'd have to root for her to get the nomination over a guy with a weird name and a fuzzy muslim past.
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 10:40:15 AM »
And yeah i guess i'd have to root for her to get the nomination over a guy with a weird name and a fuzzy muslim past.

Seriously! It's great they can't come up with 1.5 years of his school life now, lol.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 11:46:20 AM »
But.... 10 months ago.... 5 months ago.... 2 months ago....

Hilary led by 20 to 30 points in every poll.

Today, Obama leads in polls in the first 3 states.  If he wins all 3, it's over. 

cap86, are you saying that people were non-PC for the last year, then ALL suddenly decided to change positions at once?

I don't buy that.  *IF* Obama had led all the time, okay, I might buy that.  But your contention does not explain a 20 to 30 point swing in popularity in such a short time.

In the last 8-9 months, I've only spoken with ONE person who stated he would vote for Hillary.

Where is all her so-called 'support' coming from?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 11:50:51 AM »
As far as Dems are concerned, there are no other people running.

And that's their biggest mistake...assuming they had any true desire to re-occupy the White House in '08.