Author Topic: Dorian Yates training back, as of november,2007!!!  (Read 12949 times)

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
Dorian Yates training back, as of november,2007!!!
« on: December 09, 2007, 08:10:12 PM »

http://www.fitness.ee/main.php?main=huvitav/fitnesstv/index&top=top.blue#treening

(I don't know what language is that......look for dorian yates at the various links and click on it!)

Dorian training in some country in Europe, during seminar. Perfect movements, as always. Something Coleman could learn, some day..... ;D

Reservations at Dorsia ?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Re: Dorian Yates training back, as of november,2007!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 08:11:58 PM »
Perfect movements, as always. Something Coleman could learn, some day..... ;D

Looks like 'perfect movements' don't matter.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 08:12:14 PM »
Great post !!

Yates looking young and healthy. Good business man too!
Team Yates

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 08:18:42 PM »
looking good...

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »
Looks like 'perfect movements' don't matter.

HUmmm....yeah. Ronnie exemplifies the epytome of a healthy body. You go tell that to his tri, lat and quad, all fucked up. Now you're gonna tell me that Yates, with all of his perfect technique fucked himself up, too. Ok, I'll give you that.
But every reasonable, inteligent trainer knows that Yates style is much more protective of the body instead of Ronnie's style.

I don't wanna turn this thread in another truce one. Enough of that bullshit. Both of them are excelent athletes, and that's that. This thread is only meant to allow Yates' fans to get a glimpse at him training nowadays, as a testament of his love for training and that he still practices what he preaches.
Reservations at Dorsia ?

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 08:52:11 PM »
anyone can use strict form when using a light weight. hell, you see the guys with 13" arms do it in the gym all day.

dorian did not use this form when he was rowing 400 plus pounds.

hope this helps.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 09:27:47 PM »
Using a full range of motion with heavy weight can damage joints.   Partial range of motion is enough stimulation.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 11:52:58 PM »
anyone can use strict form when using a light weight. hell, you see the guys with 13" arms do it in the gym all day.

hope this helps.

This makes too much sense to register on this forum.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 12:16:23 AM »
Looks great, hard to believe he is the same monster from years ago.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 12:52:16 AM »

hope this helps.

Yes he did. Dorian maintained strict form on ALL exercises. He went to the gym to train his muscles, not his ego. Dorian rowed 215lb DBs for 15 reps with the exact same form as he did in this video.
Team Yates

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 01:07:12 AM »
Looks great, hard to believe he is the same monster from years ago.

Dorian personifies the true professional bodybuilder.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 01:17:36 AM »
Yes he did. Dorian maintained strict form on ALL exercises. He went to the gym to train his muscles, not his ego. Dorian rowed 215lb DBs for 15 reps with the exact same form as he did in this video.

So it mysteriously went from 12 to now 15 reps?

But Dorian was bench pressing over 500lbs in 1992 as well as 215lb dumbell rows for 12 easy reps.

Granted I haven't seen lots of Dorian's footage, however I did see Blood and Guts long time ago and I think he did 405 for barbell rows for 6-8 reps?  Pretty good, but not as strong as you would need to be to dumbell row 215 for 12-15.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 01:27:05 AM »
So it mysteriously went from 12 to now 15 reps?

Granted I haven't seen lots of Dorian's footage, however I did see Blood and Guts long time ago and I think he did 405 for barbell rows for 6-8 reps?  Pretty good, but not as strong as you would need to be to dumbell row 215 for 12-15.

It was 415 and it was at the end of his workout  ;) Yates has poundages higher than 415 listed in his journal for barbell rows. This is no different than Nasser only benching 315 on his video being at the end of the workout. You wouldn't say he couldn't bench 405 just becuase he only did 315 on tape  ;)

As for the DB row, I haven't consulted Dorian's book in a while. It was either 12 or 15 reps. My apologies if the number of reps is not exact  :D
Team Yates

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 01:30:36 AM »
It was 415 and it was at the end of his workout  ;) Yates has poundages higher than 415 listed in his journal for barbell rows. This is no different than Nasser only benching 315 on his video being at the end of the workout. You wouldn't say he couldn't bench 405 just becuase he only did 315 on tape  ;)

As for the DB row, I haven't consulted Dorian's book in a while. It was either 12 or 15 reps. My apologies if the number of reps is not exact  :D

Nasser was actually incline benching 315 at the end, which I think is equivalent to about 405 at the start.

I'll give you benefit of the doubt with the dumbell row rep inconsistency ;)  ...although I'm curious if Hulker, Pumpster, etc. will give the same benefit of the doubt  :D

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 02:43:08 AM »
I don't care what anybody says but Dorian used great form considering the weight he used in Blood and Guts.  He is one of the strongest bodybuilders ever because of it. 

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 07:05:36 AM »

challenge for the day: take another look at video footage of dorian actually rowing 400+, except this time try looking at the bar movement, his body position and the plane of motion, as opposed to just the usual focusing on his nutsack.

hint: if dorian's form on 400+ rows was so good, why did he tear a bicep while performing what is supposed to be a back exercise?...

oh, "because he was pre-contest"?...hmm, how come ronnie was able to do the same exercise + about 80lbs more weight + apparently 'sloppy form' PRE-CONTEST and not tear his bicep ??? :-\

oh... that's right, you're full of shit again. ;)

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 07:16:24 AM »
With all these injurys has he had any of his biceps surgically repaired or any of his torn muscles
Arnold For President 2012.2016

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 07:18:10 AM »
challenge for the day:
 if dorian's form on 400+ rows was so good, why did he tear a bicep while performing what is supposed to be a back exercise?...

One reason is because, at that point, Dorian favored using an underhand grip (palms up) during the exercise. This puts the biceps at a disadvantage when rowing, putting more strain on them. Dorian himself cites this as the reason why his bicep tore.
I'm sure being pre-contest didn't help much, but that was not any reason why I would say it tore. Sure, he was low in body fat, didn't have ample nutrients in his body due to contest time etc...however I think the biggest factor was the aforementioned position of his grip, causing the tear after a number of years using the grip, perhaps due to a pattern overload-but who knows if he switched up grips or anything of the sort. ???

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 07:24:33 AM »
challenge for the day: take another look at video footage of dorian actually rowing 400+, except this time try looking at the bar movement, his body position and the plane of motion, as opposed to just the usual focusing on his nutsack.

hint: if dorian's form on 400+ rows was so good, why did he tear a bicep while performing what is supposed to be a back exercise?...

oh, "because he was pre-contest"?...hmm, how come ronnie was able to do the same exercise + about 80lbs more weight + apparently 'sloppy form' PRE-CONTEST and not tear his bicep ??? :-\

oh... that's right, you're full of shit again. ;)

455 reverse grip row while precontest.  A lot more strain on the weak bicep muscle. 

By the way, Dorian and his expert form pwn all the Dorian haters out there.  Considering nobody on here will build his size or lift his weights I'd say it's a moot point.
Squishy face retard

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 07:25:16 AM »
One reason is because, at that point, Dorian favored using an underhand grip (palms up) during the exercise. This puts the biceps at a disadvantage when rowing, putting more strain on them. Dorian himself cites this as the reason why his bicep tore.
I'm sure being pre-contest didn't help much, but that was not any reason why I would say it tore. Sure, he was low in body fat, didn't have ample nutrients in his body due to contest time etc...however I think the biggest factor was the aforementioned position of his grip, causing the tear after a number of years using the grip, perhaps due to a pattern overload-but who knows if he switched up grips or anything of the sort. ???
Great post, incredible strength with that type of movement

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 07:50:40 AM »

are you the guy who says that on the beginnig of his video? because it looks like the same phrase  ;D

Dorian had perfect form but that didnt stoped him to get injuries
!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 07:56:07 AM »

The revisionist history from this groupie is priceless-obviously he was right there with Yates for every workout. ::)

Damn good form here considering the weight, but not strict.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26wpu_rowing-yates_extreme

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 07:57:30 AM »
Dorian couldn't carry Ronnie's gym bag training wise.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 08:01:56 AM »
Dorian couldn't carry Ronnie's gym bag training wise.
Thats harsh, Dorian intensity was incredible.No 800 pound squats but what you do with the weight that counts.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 08:08:57 AM »
Thats harsh, Dorian intensity was incredible.No 800 pound squats but what you do with the weight that counts.
::)