Author Topic: What Country Would You Like To Live Other Than Your Own  (Read 10831 times)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
Re: What Country Would You Like To Live Other Than Your Own
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2007, 04:14:39 AM »
Don't believe for a moment that the Dutch are "tolerant" as they like to call it, for their tolerance does not go beyond weed.
fixed. In fact, if you are here and following recent developments, you would know that our gedoogbeleid for weed is also under pressure.

Anything American and (especially) Jewish, is hated with a passion. The biggest part of the population also firmly believes that the state of Israel is the cause of all the problems in the world. I will leave here soon  ;D
American government is indeed not very popular here. That should come as no surprise to anyone, though. American people aren't the problem, just their government. Things like the US government's "invasion of The Hague"-act do of course foster such an attitude.

peteK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2007, 04:33:24 AM »
American government is indeed not very popular here. That should come as no surprise to anyone, though. American people aren't the problem, just their government. Things like the US government's "invasion of The Hague"-act do of course foster such an attitude.

The United States is not a member party to the International Criminal court (I forgot the exact name). The United States has the right to try their own citizens for (war)crimes. One of the biggest objections against this court would be its objectiveness. Seeing the current attitude in Europe, and within the United Nations as a whole, I can fully understand the American attitude towards this criminal court. It can very easily be misused for political purposes. UN countries such as France have already misused their rights within the United Nations organization, there is no reason to assume things would be different with the criminal court. Really how objective do you think a court can be with potential judges from countries such as Russia, France, Germany, Iran and Sudan?

As far as the US government is concerned, what is wrong with protecting our great western society, from the a society that does want to destroy it? The United States, at the very least, makes an effort to protect our society and the values it stands for. Freedom, of speech and religion. Equality of all people sexes and races. And the pursuit of happiness for all who wish to chase it. Sure sounds a heck of a lot better than total submission to a god that destroys all that is not islam.... I also find it surprising that the islamic threat is far more clear in Europe than it will ever be in the US, yet nobody wants to see it.

On a related point you merely react to my observation that Americans are hated in Europe/Netherlands. How do you explain the anti-semetic tendencies? (and by semetic I mean Jewish)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2007, 05:25:54 AM »
The United States is not a member party to the International Criminal court (I forgot the exact name). The United States has the right to try their own citizens for (war)crimes. One of the biggest objections against this court would be its objectiveness. Seeing the current attitude in Europe, and within the United Nations as a whole, I can fully understand the American attitude towards this criminal court. It can very easily be misused for political purposes. UN countries such as France have already misused their rights within the United Nations organization, there is no reason to assume things would be different with the criminal court. Really how objective do you think a court can be with potential judges from countries such as Russia, France, Germany, Iran and Sudan?
How objective can a country be if it is the sole judge of its own people? A jury of peers, isn't that the way the US justice system itself works?

As far as the US government is concerned, what is wrong with protecting our great western society, from the a society that does want to destroy it? The United States, at the very least, makes an effort to protect our society and the values it stands for. Freedom, of speech and religion. Equality of all people sexes and races. And the pursuit of happiness for all who wish to chase it. Sure sounds a heck of a lot better than total submission to a god that destroys all that is not islam....
If that only were the real reason, then I would respect that. Wouldn't agree with it (I'm more isolationist), but I would respect it.

I also find it surprising that the islamic threat is far more clear in Europe than it will ever be in the US, yet nobody wants to see it.
What threat? There are problems with second- and third generation immigrants, certainly. A lot of them are not even muslim, they are disenchanted youth who use the guise of islam to justify their crimes. Under the cloak of multiculturalism they act out and claim it is their culture that makes them criminal, whereas their poor upbringing and (perceived) lack of opportunities is the real problem. Real muslims, who actually follow the Koran and don't just pay lip service to it, aren't a big problem here.

On a related point you merely react to my observation that Americans are hated in Europe/Netherlands. How do you explain the anti-semetic tendencies? (and by semetic I mean Jewish)
I have not noted a great degree of anti-semetic tendencies. There are most definitely anti-Israeli sentiments, but that is of course not the same. The reason I did not address it, was because it is similar to how the US is perceived: nice people, terrible government. And it may be that, where the US media is overtly pro Zionism, the Dutch media (can't speak for the rest of Europe) is overtly contra Zionism. Don't think it is, but I am rarely exposed to mainstream media.

FrenchFrie

• Getbig III
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2007, 05:43:27 AM »
whole europe is pro arab, anti american  and anti jewish anyway.

to the idiot who said 40 hours work weekin france was "cool", it is what led the country to bankruptcy and will be reformed in the coming years.

peteK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2007, 05:54:44 AM »
How objective can a country be if it is the sole judge of its own people? A jury of peers, isn't that the way the US justice system itself works?
If that only were the real reason, then I would respect that. Wouldn't agree with it (I'm more isolationist), but I would respect it.
What threat? There are problems with second- and third generation immigrants, certainly. A lot of them are not even muslim, they are disenchanted youth who use the guise of islam to justify their crimes. Under the cloak of multiculturalism they act out and claim it is their culture that makes them criminal, whereas their poor upbringing and (perceived) lack of opportunities is the real problem. Real muslims, who actually follow the Koran and don't just pay lip service to it, aren't a big problem here.
I have not noted a great degree of anti-semetic tendencies. There are most definitely anti-Israeli sentiments, but that is of course not the same. The reason I did not address it, was because it is similar to how the US is perceived: nice people, terrible government. And it may be that, where the US media is overtly pro Zionism, the Dutch media (can't speak for the rest of Europe) is overtly contra Zionism. Don't think it is, but I am rarely exposed to mainstream media.

Whether or not the US justice system is objective is not at stake. What is at stake is a government's right to protect its civilians and ensure that they are tried in a way that their own consitutions promises.

You claim that islam is not the problem, only second and third generation "muslims" are the problem who under the guise of their religion commit crimes and misbehave. I disagree. How do you explain the fact that a painting was not allowed to be displayed in a museum last week because it might insult muslims? Can you imagine the same thing happening with regard to christians? How do you explain the fact that over 90% of all domestic violence in Holland concerns muslim men mistreating their wives? How do you explain the violence against gay people, (native) women en jewish people by muslim youth? And again, how do you explain their fierce hatred towards the US? They would rather have the terrorists win, and sometimes I feel some of the Dutch think the same.

I have noted tremendous tendencies of anti-semitism. Jewish families who are being terrorized by muslims. Anti-Israel manifestations in Amsterdam. During one of these manifestations Israeli flags were burned, and swastikas were displayed, all while members of parliament were participating. (But of course they were unaware of all this taking place ::))
Apart from this I find the entire notion that the majority of the population believes that Israel is to blame for the troubles in the world extremely anti-semetic. Most people here also believe that Israel rightfully belongs to the Palestinians. Not only are people here anti semetic, they are also very wrongly informed and know next to nothing about the history of Israel.

However, don't be insulted regarding holland, it has nice things. I like the bread and "de apenheul"  8)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2007, 06:10:37 AM »
Funny thing about this thread is that for all the shit the rest of the world talks about the US, everyone still wants to live here.

You don't see anyone from the US wanting to live in any other country, unless they're talking about acquiring some Brazilian or Ukranian pussy and diseases for their collection.

Hate to burst your bubble guys (Ed, Joe), but I'm from Jersey (no Jersey jokes please) but I live in Perth, Australia.  It's a crappy place to visit but a great place to live.

Our cities are a lot like the US.  I don't think many australian people really "crave" living in a US city and beside desire for weather, I can't see any US people from cities wanting to live in AU.

The Americanization of Aus seems to be progressing steadily but it's only superficial.  The difference between here and there is night and day.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2007, 06:30:37 AM »
Whether or not the US justice system is objective is not at stake. What is at stake is a government's right to protect its civilians and ensure that they are tried in a way that their own consitutions promises.
I would agree with you if the situation was equal for both sides. If a US court even so much as vaguely suspects a Dutch citizen, they will demand his extradition and throw him in jail. This happens on even the vaguest of charges. It's obvious the US government is bullying countries simply because they can.

You claim that islam is not the problem, only second and third generation "muslims" are the problem who under the guise of their religion commit crimes and misbehave. I disagree. How do you explain the fact that a painting was not allowed to be displayed in a museum last week because it might insult muslims? Can you imagine the same thing happening with regard to christians?
Are the muslims at fault there? It's their right to ask for such things. Just like Christians in the US demand the ten commandments in court houses: they are free to ask. That they are being accomodated is the fault of do-gooder hippies, not the muslims themselves.

How do you explain the fact that over 90% of all domestic violence in Holland concerns muslim men mistreating their wives?
Official stats, please. If this is true, then they are at least 90 times more prone to this. This sort of statement needs ironclad proof.

How do you explain the violence against gay people, (native) women en jewish people by muslim youth?
Again: they are not muslim youth. They are youth born of muslim parents, yes. And they claim to be muslim when it suits them. There is also a sizeable problem with this garbage in, e.g., night life. But again: are they really muslim? If so, would they be going out, getting drunk, high, hitting on kuffar women? No, a muslim is not allowed to do this. After they get caught they CLAIM to be muslim, so that the hippies here have pity on them. But actions speak louder than words, and their actions scream: western trash.

And again, how do you explain their fierce hatred towards the US? They would rather have the terrorists win, and sometimes I feel some of the Dutch think the same.
How do you explain the fierce hatred of the KKK against blacks? Ignorance, nothing more, nothing less.

I have noted tremendous tendencies of anti-semitism. Jewish families who are being terrorized by muslims. Anti-Israel manifestations in Amsterdam. During one of these manifestations Israeli flags were burned, and swastikas were displayed, all while members of parliament were participating. (But of course they were unaware of all this taking place ::))
Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about the average dutchman being anti-semetic. My mistake. Yes, those children born of immigrant parents are acting out against jews. And blacks. And whites. And chinese. And indonesians. Our Turks hate Moroccans just as much as vice versa. If it was simply about being muslim, then those two would be getting on great. Apparently that is not the case.

Apart from this I find the entire notion that the majority of the population believes that Israel is to blame for the troubles in the world extremely anti-semetic. Most people here also believe that Israel rightfully belongs to the Palestinians. Not only are people here anti semetic, they are also very wrongly informed and know next to nothing about the history of Israel.
Well, this is quite a discussion in and of itself. Let's put it like this: the Dutch people are indeed misinformed. Just as misinformed as the US audience, but differently.

However, don't be insulted regarding holland, it has nice things. I like the bread and "de apenheul"  8)
Yay.  :-[ ;)
Don't mistake me for being patriotic, because I don't care what you say about Holland. As long as it's factual, that is. :)  If I were patriotic I wouldn't be considering emigration. :D

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2007, 09:17:28 AM »
You're really an idiot.

Try to look up 'america' on a map and tell me which is the official language spoken there, please.

When you're finished, can you to the same for 'europe' and 'asia' please?  ::)
get off your high horse faggot.

you know exactly what 'America' he's talking about.

BTW, you could say that 'America' is a proper term for the U.S., as it's the only country on the American continent spoken with the word 'America' in it.

so shut the fuck up.

Moosejay

« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2007, 04:42:57 PM »
get off your high horse faggot.

you know exactly what 'America' he's talking about.

BTW, you could say that 'America' is a proper term for the U.S., as it's the only country on the American continent that has the word 'America' in it.

so shut the fuck up.

USA only.

Mike

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2007, 04:45:11 PM »

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2007, 05:18:20 PM »
msdumbbell you need to visit me
oh ok  will you cum for me?   haha

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2007, 05:41:35 PM »
I love living in Canada.  My other choice would probably be Australia

Moosejay

« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2007, 06:04:38 PM »
???

clarify

Well, since I am a jingoist, I say, "If the rest of the world hates America, I say, 'Hate Them Back!'"

Mike

Tee_rex65

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2008, 08:05:42 AM »
How is the (gang) violence etc over there? Or is that more a problem for rio and the north?

I have a friend that went to south of brazil and she says it's a really nice and rich area. Way more european than the north. She went to the north too and in this one city she was the only white person.
How can you not like the man?

It's like any other large city. If you walk around with money hanging out your pocket, looking like a tourist and are completely unaware of your surroundings you'll make yourself a target. Although I lived in Sao Paulo I also spent time in Rio and I experienced no problems. After a few months there I knew the language well enough to take a taxi on my own and get to where I needed to go. But as I previously mentioned, I was always aware of my surroundings even when i was out drinking and partying.