Author Topic: I just had an inguinal hernia repair.  (Read 4371 times)

tallnskinny

• Getbig II
I just had an inguinal hernia repair.
« on: December 10, 2007, 11:56:09 AM »
 I got the mesh repair on Nov. 20. I was wondering if anyone has any  helpfull ideas as to  how best to come back into lifting. I intend to take till mid january off completly from ther gym though I go back to work today. I've been taking glutamine   and trying to get my regular high protien diet in every day but with no training I don't get hungry much.    My Dr. says I'm healing very well and saays to just use common sense and start doing my regulare activities  at a moderate level. whatever he means by that I'm not sure. But I think he doesn't understand exactly what I mean when I asked how soon I could get back to regulare lifting he said I looked like I was in good shape so i should be fine for normal activities.            (normal activities for him may not include  400 lb squats )        any info  or other peoples experiences with this type surgery would be greatly apreciated.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Re: I just had an inguinal hernia repair.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 12:02:52 PM »
hey, one quick question:

Does it hurt (the surgery)? Because i have a really small one but it doesnt bother me at all

tallnskinny

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 12:19:46 PM »
no not really. I was in and out of the surgery center in like 3 hours./ they signed me in  took me back had me change into a loveley(note sarcasm) gown put in an IV told me how things were going to happen, gave me my one sip of water to take 2 pills for anxiety and nausia( appearantly standard sio you don't get sick after surgery) took me back into surgery someone sain we are putting the anasthetic in your IV now then I woke up back in recovery 45 min later was told wha I needed to do for the next few days/ weeks then was let dress ? with help from my wife. was give a scrip for 2 loratab 7.5's every 4 hours for 5 days. and went home. I was able to walk pretty well on my own but I did shuffle around Like an 80 year old for a couple days. the pills kept me asleep about 1.5 to 2 hour of every 4 hours but I realy didn't need them that much i slept through taking them and waitedd till my next dose was do to take them a few times and the last day only took one at a time  so I would have them for an extra day just in case.  after the first week though I was independant except I couldn't life a half case of pop.lol! but I was cleaning and cooking for myself standing and doing as I pleased pretty much. I did need help get up for a few days or had to be extra carefull doing it myself. and it hurt to cough or sneeze.
 biut I had my surgery on Nov 20 and I have been back tyo my factory Job since Dec 10.

eho

• Getbig II
  • Support Canadian Chiropractic
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 07:21:54 PM »
that sucks dude.  :P how'd it happen in the first place?

ConanCarl

• Getbig II
  • CD
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 11:43:07 AM »
I have a double inguinal hernia-but just tears no protrusion-but it affects me with certain lifts-deadlifts and squats-i substitute with hacks and romanian deadlifts-moderate weight-I also grapple and lift kettlebells and sometimes I will feel them-Im stuck in a weird situation-I went to a really good surgeon and he said I dont need the surgery (yet)-well so far no lumps but the tears are there-my dad and grandpa both had same problem-but they didnt lift as much as me or do jiujitsu-good luck to anyone who had the surgery -maybe one day i wil need it ???