Author Topic: Where is Al and Jesse?  (Read 4925 times)

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
Re: Where is Al and Jesse?
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 07:10:57 PM »

reread your original post , Tomcat. you were confident that the ref used the word as a racist remark. now you say it doesnt matter if it was a racist remark? make up your mind, and i'll ask you the same question, why are you so eager to bring racism into a situation where it never existed?
because it is about race....he is black so he gets let off the hook where a white man would be fired

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 07:11:09 PM »
You still need to answer my other question.  Why is the statement appropriate in its context?

My point, along with Tomcat, is that this should not be acceptable no matter who says it.  BTW, as far as PC America is concerned, cracker isn't racist.

i answered one of yours now you answer one of mine,

why do you feel its necessary to bring racism into a situation where it never existed?

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2007, 07:12:39 PM »
because it is about race....he is black so he gets let off the hook where a white man would be fired

the black ref wasnt being racist. it had nothing to do with race, you brought race into the picture by assuming that it was a racist remark when infact it wasnt.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2007, 07:13:35 PM »
i answered one of yours now you answer one of mine,

why do you feel its necessary to bring racism into a situation where it never existed?

Because the word is used with racist connotations but not so in this case because of skin color.  I think it stupid regardless but that is not the case because of skin color, which I feel is wrong.

What if he was an Uncle Tom and hates blacks? 
Squishy face retard

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »
Because the word is used with racist connotations but not so in this case because of skin color.  I think it stupid regardless but that is not the case because of skin color, which I feel is wrong.

hmmmm..never thought about that maybe we should look into his back round

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2007, 07:20:05 PM »

yes, the word was not used with racist connotations in this case. the word was used as a term you are not familiar with. TomCat created a thread insinuating that the ref was a racist. read his original post.

"what if he was an uncle tom who hated blacks?"  what if....it doesnt matter, the situations was not related to racsim. it was indeed a term used to indicate seniority, but a racist term? no not at all. and that is why no one not even Jim Brown or the ACLU cares about the matter.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2007, 07:21:44 PM »

gotta go guys i'll be back a little later..

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2007, 07:22:26 PM »
  yes, the word was not used with racist connotations in this case. the word was used as a term you are not familiar with. TomCat created a thread insinuating that the ref was a racist. read his original post.

"what if he was an uncle tom who hated blacks?"  what if....it doesnt matter, the situations was not related to racsim. it was indeed a term used to indicate seniority, but a racist term? no not at all. and that is why no one not even Jim Brown or the ACLU cares about the matter.
Seniority?  So if I said that to my black subordinate it would okay?  Can I call all lazy people porch monkeys?
Squishy face retard

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2007, 07:23:40 PM »

"what if he was an uncle tom who hated blacks?"  what if....it doesnt matter, the situations was not related to racsim. it was indeed a term used to indicate seniority, but a racist term? no not at all. and that is why no one not even Jim Brown or the ACLU cares about the matter.
they dont care because he is black!!!

can you say tunnel vision?

he should be punished like a white man would be punished!!

what if next week the same thing happens but the ref is white?

I bet you will be the first to say "racism",fire him.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 09:04:21 PM »
  im surprised that this thread took so long..

the reference to  "boy" as the referee is accused of using wasnt a racial epithet is what a few black personalities on espn are saying and i agree. i heard Mike Tirico and Steven A. Smith both say something along those lines. the "boy" reference was more of a seniority remark being that the black ref was much older than the black player. in certain cultures this is normal, mine included. when a much older person is giving you advice and you refuse to listen due to whatever reason the elder/wiser one often calls you "boy" in a stern way signifing that he is infact older and wiser. this was in no manner meant to be a racial slur towards the player. if anything the ref failed to realize that he was speaking to a person from a vastly different generation.
 you can also relate this to an old white man referring to much younger and ignorant white boy as "son", even though they are not family. as in "look son!"
 "boy" and "son" can be substituted...also the ref did play in the NFL.

I agree with what you said, BUT those commentators are picking and choosing who has the right to use that word and what connotation it would be assumed to be used in. The guys who are questioning it have every right to do so because they make a good point. Even though it probably wasn't used in a racially motivated way, some races seem to have the right to use certain words where others do not. Its a double standard, is it a big deal, not really. But should people quit being so sensitive, about a word, I think so.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2007, 10:01:49 PM »
Seniority?  So if I said that to my black subordinate it would okay?  Can I call all lazy people porch monkeys?

you want to correlate a black referee calling another black man "boy" in a non-racist way to your example above, as opposed to the intent in which it was actually used? you cant see the difference can you..

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2007, 10:06:59 PM »
they dont care because he is black!!!

can you say tunnel vision?

no they dont care because they know and understand the context in which it was used. as in not the context in which you are familiar with.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2007, 10:18:53 PM »

I just know this thing would have been a mega issue if he was white

but it was'nt and it's not and you're pretty stupid ....

stick to trolling with one liners because your attempts to be serious around here generally fall short of intelligent !

;D

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2007, 10:22:33 PM »

stick to trolling with one liners because your attempts to be serious around here generally fall short of intelligent !

;D

my point the entire time was that it never was a racist issue, and to bring race into an issue in which it never existed in the first place is very dangerous.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2007, 05:46:08 AM »
no truer statement has ever been said but we must stay on point

:-*

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2007, 05:57:43 AM »
Anyone hear last night the owner of the falcons say if michael vick is not watching himself in jail and eating fried chicken and french fries coming back at 215# he wont be the same player.

The guys in the box were all talking about his chances of coming back and whatever roadblocks there might be. I laughed a good laugh.  I wondered if Al and Jesse would be jumping on this one.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2007, 06:09:42 AM »
   you want to correlate a black referee calling another black man "boy" in a non-racist way to your example above, as opposed to the intent in which it was actually used? you cant see the difference can you..

If there is no racist intent what does it matter?  I am older than him and in a higher position.
Squishy face retard

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2007, 09:33:35 AM »
Point blank-if this ref was white he would be fired, the NAACP and Sharpton would be up his ass and we would be having a much livelier discussion. :)

sad but so very true

TOMCAT

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2007, 01:38:42 PM »

;D
Geo go back to the X board because outside of that board no one gives a rats ass about you,your cats ,or any other cornball shit you talk about