Author Topic: Ever used a safety squat bar?  (Read 4470 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Ever used a safety squat bar?
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2007, 08:20:10 PM »
Princess,tape your wrists with athletic tape during front squats....might help a bit.

Pumpster,the two lifts are much different and front squats are a great exercise,to say not to do them would definately be shortchanging yourself.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2007, 08:28:59 PM »
How is taping your wrists going to help the shoulder pain from the bar?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 09:10:57 PM »
Since I had given up on front squats long ago, I came up with this alternative.  I'm the only one in the gym that does it, so maybe I'm totally off my rocker.  :P  I use the perfect squatter, but turned around.  I think people are afraid they're gonna get the stick up the butt  ;D but if you keep perfect form that won't happen.  If you have one of these at your gym, try it.  Let me know what you think.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2007, 09:16:13 PM »
Since I had given up on front squats long ago, I came up with this alternative.  I'm the only one in the gym that does it, so maybe I'm totally off my rocker.  :P  I use the perfect squatter, but turned around.  I think people are afraid they're gonna get the stick up the butt  ;D but if you keep perfect form that won't happen.  If you have one of these at your gym, try it.  Let me know what you think.

Some would consider that multi-tasking.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 08:08:28 AM »

I have no doubt that some of these machines provide a great workout. Each has to be tried, facing in both directions.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2007, 08:57:53 AM »
that's actually a great machine Princess, nothing wrong with that at all, too many guys around here get caught up in the "hardcore" bb squats or nothing horseshit, those machines are fantastic.

flexnfemme

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2007, 11:26:43 PM »
Rusty doesn't look like he's having a good time towards the end of that clip... :-\

I was on the treadmill when they were filming that...they were doing a superset of bench, squats and deadlifts of 20 reps each...I was feeling sick watching them!!