Author Topic: Our Getbig Woman's Area  (Read 6452 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Our Getbig Woman's Area
« on: December 13, 2007, 08:12:08 AM »
might work better if:  (I have a theory...

I've realised that my sarcasm and cynicism here might have been due to the fact that I am luckily a single woman. 

And although I have no objection whatsoever (in fact I welcome >>>topics and conversations and webchat about babies and boyfriends and feelings and emotions and health and beauty & music and jokes and everything else important to a woman,

I have found it upsetting and troublesome to attempt to comprehend having a modess posting naked pix of her partner on one thread and allowing him to post pix of her tits and new expensive hairdo on another.  I find the entire Mike n' Laura Show superfluous and I'm being as polite and and tactful as possible.
xL

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
Re: Our Getbig Woman's Area
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 08:29:02 AM »
Pipe down Linda! The whole reason I come here is the hope of getting a peek at Lauras big boobies.
X

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 08:50:28 AM »
I'll be honest, i enjoy seeing the pics they post and of others on here for that matter...

Try this Linda as it is a little something i've try to teach my soon to be 12 year old daughter...if you are around a situation you do not like, you are uncomfortable with, makes you irratated, gets you mad, makes you sad...WALK AWAY...STEP AWAY...life is rough at times as it is, and there is no need to purposely put yourself in that type of situation. So far i think it's workin' for her.

Hope i helped.

Lisa

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 08:54:45 AM »
Better yet, get more obsessed with them than you already are and click on their profile, click last posts, jot down where they have posted and tell yourself "HELL NO, I AINT GOIN' THERE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 09:37:35 AM »
Mike and Laura are good people. They don't bother anyone yet many like to take jabs at them. What they do (Mike most of the time) in terms of funny pics and so forth is done out of sheer humour. Harmless fun. If you don't like it....don't respond to the thread and move on. Simple as that. Some people take this internet message board way to seriously. That's the problem.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 11:40:59 AM »
Linda,
I'm going to try to give you a bit of my perspective on the situation because I think i understand why you find much of it offensive (Heaven help me I'm beginning to understand you)  ;)

When I first saw the Mike n' Laura show as you call it many years ago. I thought it was one of the most vulgar displays of narcissistic exhibitionism and sexist machismo I'd ever witnessed (surpassed only in recent months by Ol_Rooster). ie: Look at me, I'm cool now, I've lost weight, moved out of my Mom's basement, and I have a pretty girlfriend. or "Look at me, aren't I sexy as I pose half nude on this waterbed." "Do I make you horny?" etc., etc., That was the initial impression I was left with. My eyes rolled so far back in my head, I'm surprised I could pull them forward to see straight.

I chose to simply ignore them and their posts.

After a while though. They started to grow on me. As I got to know them a little better, I realized they weren't the insecure attention whores I thought they were. They have alot of confidence in themselves.  ;) It helps to understand the bodybuilder mentality though. Once I understood that, it went a long way towards understanding the seemingly narcissistic and superficial values seemingly displayed by most bodybuilders

You see bodybuilders are like artists. Whether they be painters, sculpters, gardeners, musicians etc. most artists who have a website, place their works online for all to admire. Gardeners take pics of their prize winning roses or orchids and put them online for all to admire. The difference though is that while the painter's works on a canvas, the bodybuilder's body is his/her canvas. The only way to display the results of their hard work and effort is to display themselves. So when mikey displays pics of Laura, it's not so much a "Look at my hot girlfriend, drool and masturb8." It's the equivalent of Mrs. Picasso saying "Look at this wonderful abstract painting my husband painted."

It's a tremendous amount of hard work & discipline to rescult the human body. It's not like a clump of clay that you can mold at whim, so when you are able to effect the kind of changes in your canvas, that you seek, it's a tremendous accomplishment that they want to share with the world in order to both receive recognition for their hard work, as well as to provide continued inspiration to others who themselves are on the same journey. If you have followed the transformation of pudgey chubby Mikey to trophy winning fit Mikey, you'd see what I'm talking about.

When viewed from that perspective it's much easier to understand, and infact you might find yourself looking forward to more progress reports.

That said Mikey still needs to retire that bathtub shot. {lol}

As for your getting ticked that mikey occasionally log's into Laura's mod account, ...well, you gotta point there. I don't think he should be doing that. Mods have been demodded for giving out their passwords to others or allowing others to abuse someone else's mod priviledges, so I think Mikey should be mindful of that. I've never seen Tasha log in to Bob's account in order to mess with someone's post, or any significant others of mods doing this. I don't think Mikey should be doing this either.

Also too, understand that where the other is concerned, both of them are blind to a fault. The other can do no wrong in their eyes. They are good people, ...just give them enough time to grow on you.

Hope that Helps
w

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 01:27:51 PM »
Linda,
I'm going to try to give you a bit of my perspective on the situation because I think i understand why you find much of it offensive (Heaven help me I'm beginning to understand you)  ;)

When I first saw the Mike n' Laura show as you call it many years ago. I thought it was one of the most vulgar displays of narcissistic exhibitionism and sexist machismo I'd ever witnessed (surpassed only in recent months by Ol_Rooster). ie: Look at me, I'm cool now, I've lost weight, moved out of my Mom's basement, and I have a pretty girlfriend. or "Look at me, aren't I sexy as I pose half nude on this waterbed." "Do I make you horny?" etc., etc., That was the initial impression I was left with. My eyes rolled so far back in my head, I'm surprised I could pull them forward to see straight.

After a while though. They started to grow on me. As I got to know them a little better, I realized they weren't the insecure attention whores I thought they were. They have alot of confidence in themselves.  ;) It helps to understand the bodybuilder mentality though. Once I understood that, it went a long way towards understanding the seemingly narcissistic and superficial values seemingly displayed by most bodybuilders

You see bodybuilders are like artists. Whether they be painters, sculpters, gardeners, musicians etc. most artists who have a website, place their works online for all to admire. Gardeners take pics of their prize winning roses or orchids and put them online for all to admire. The difference though is that while the painter's works on a canvas, the bodybuilder's body is his/her canvas. The only way to display the results of their hard work and effort is to display themselves. So when mikey displays pics of Laura, it's not so much a "Look at my hot girlfriend, drool and masturb8." It's the equivalent of Mrs. Picasso saying "Look at this wonderful abstract painting my husband painted."

It's a tremendous amount of hard work & discipline to rescult the human body. It's not like a clump of clay that you can mold at whim, so when you are able to effect the kind of changes in your canvas, that you seek, it's a tremendous accomplishment that they want to share with the world in order to both receive recognition for their hard work, as well as to provide continued inspiration to others who themselves are on the same journey. If you have followed the transformation of pudgey chubby Mikey to trophy winning fit Mikey, you'd see what I'm talking about.

When viewed from that perspective it's much easier to understand, and infact you might find yourself looking forward to more progress reports.

As for your getting ticked that mikey occasionally log's into Laura's mod account, ...well, you gotta point there. I don't think he should be doing that. Mods have been demodded for giving out their passwords to others or allowing others to abuse someone else's mod priviledges, so I think Mikey should be mindful of that. I've never seen Tasha log in to Bob's account in order to mess with someone's post, or any significant others of mods doing this. I don't think Mikey should be doing this either.

Also too, understand that where the other is concerned, both of them are blind to a fault. The other can do no wrong in their eyes. They are good people, ...just give them enough time to grow on you.

Hope that Helps

Thanks jag!  Just one thing...when in love...you back the other up.  Has nothing to do with being blind and Mike and I have discussed his logging on under me.  He does not mess with anyone else's post, just Linda, and only when she is out of control and bashing me (while I am not online).  Everyone has a problem with Linda, it is not just Mike.  She has already been banned from this board at least once (and has been accused of being a male gimmick).
:D Weee

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 01:55:53 PM »
I hereby promise...no more logging in as Laura

Mike

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 02:51:19 PM »
Linda,

Hope that Helps

Judi,

You're awful polite. :)

I skip the show but do believe Mike and Laura are nice people. Can't for the life of me figure out why they need so much attention but that doesn't make them bad people, just repetitve.

That being said, the Women's area has been kind of dumbed down in an attempt to impose some semblance of politeness. It's not a free speech issue, more that a certain amount of censorship prevents any meaningful, open discussion. So.... trying to have the women's area be a safe haven for those with fragile egos has resulted in lame crap like "best tampon?". I'd bet most of the women here are smart enough to pick out tampons without on-line assistance.

There are a gajillion forums here so in reality it's not that big of a deal. Just kind of a waste that a women's area is generally devoid of any serious conversation/topics or even women's felings on social, sexual, etc... matters. It's pretty dissappointing.

And Judee,  :)

Everyone working on their body isn't putting up pics at a alarming rate. Most of us appreciate how much work it takes to make lifestyle and physical changes through diet and exercise.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 03:04:01 PM »
Judi,

I skip the show but do believe Mike and Laura are nice people. Can't for the life of me figure out why they need so much attention but that doesn't make them bad people, just repetitve.

That being said, the Women's area has been kind of dumbed down in an attempt to impose some semblance of politeness. It's not a free speech issue, more that a certain amount of censorship prevents any meaningful, open discussion. So.... trying to have the women's area be a safe haven for those with fragile egos has resulted in lame crap like "best tampon?". I'd bet most of the women here are smart enough to pick out tampons without on-line assistance.

There are a gajillion forums here so in reality it's not that big of a deal. Just kind of a waste that a women's area is generally devoid of any serious conversation/topics or even women's felings on social, sexual, etc... matters. It's pretty dissappointing.

And Judee,  :)

Everyone working on their body isn't putting up pics at a alarming rate. Most of us appreciate how much work it takes to make lifestyle and physical changes through diet and exercise.
kaje, Mike and I are nice people, and not in "need" of attention.  We are enjoying ourselves here on the boards.  And anyone who diets and works hard for their physique will show it off.   An alarming rate would be us posting a picture at every pound gained or lost, we don't do that.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 03:06:15 PM »
trying to have the women's area be a safe haven for those with fragile egos has resulted in lame crap like "best tampon?". I'd bet most of the women here are smart enough to pick out tampons without on-line assistance.

That tampon thread has changed people's lives!  >:(

R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 03:16:25 PM »

It changed mine.   :D

Oh wait...I don't get that "thing" that requires the use of those.   ;D

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 03:28:38 PM »
kaje, Mike and I are nice people, and not in "need" of attention.  We are enjoying ourselves here on the boards.  And anyone who diets and works hard for their physique will show it off.   An alarming rate would be us posting a picture at every pound gained or lost, we don't do that.

Can you honestly name any couple that has posted more pics? :) Besides... what's the value of showing off? My response to Judi was not to start a conflict, merely to agree that the perception is likely shared by more people than she realizes. GetBig already has a "pictures of members" section.... does this really need to be a "Pics and stories and daily updates about Mike and Laura as they face life's challenges with dedication, desire and devotion" section?

The new haircut thread really was the last straw for me, LOL! All things being equal, there's really no harm in being so proud of yourself. Just don't take offense when others can't figure out why. :). You knew that was coming, LOL!

I actually don't really read the show threads anymore so post as many pics as possible.

I have no reason to doubt you, LOL! I'm gonna go read that thread right now... that way if the topic ever comes up I'll look smart.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 03:30:04 PM »

It changed mine.  :)

I hated playtex, find it an inferior product which, as xxxlinda said, lengthens rather than thickens so is pretty much useless.  I thought of taking to the streets to protest their awful product but frankly, in the grand scheme of things, seemed a little petty next to something like global warming.

So STella, I took your advice months ago, to try ob again... and it wasn't an easy transition  ;), but finally got the hang of it, and am much happier as a result.  Am saving time and money too.  So, yes, I think this was a great thread. And thanks for tip STella!!!  :-*

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 03:37:51 PM »
Can you honestly name any couple that has posted more pics? :) Besides... what's the value of showing off? My response to Judi was not to start a conflict, merely to agree that the perception is likely shared by more people than she realizes. GetBig already has a "pictures of members" section.... does this really need to be a "Pics and stories and daily updates about Mike and Laura as they face life's challenges with dedication, desire and devotion" section?

The new haircut thread really was the last straw for me, LOL! All things being equal, there's really no harm in being so proud of yourself. Just don't take offense when others can't figure out why. :). You knew that was coming, LOL!

I actually don't really read the show threads anymore so post as many pics as possible.

I have no reason to doubt you, LOL! I'm gonna go read that thread right now... that way if the topic ever comes up I'll look smart.
Mike posted my change in "hair color" because there were some here (Stella & Rip) that requested to see it.  And just like it was told to Linda...If you don't like the topics here...there are other boards to go to.  No one is forcing anyone to view these topics or post in these topics.  It's a girls discussion board and anything regarding or pertaining to women is welcome to be posted here...whether it be hair color or tampons.  :)

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 03:38:48 PM »
I'm gonna read the tampon thread after Family Guy!!!

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 04:28:42 PM »
  It's a girls discussion board and anything regarding or pertaining to women is welcome to be posted here...whether it be hair color or tampons.  :)

I'm calling BS on this one.

This is only a women's area in name only.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 04:31:12 PM »
I thought Faust's advice was kind of cool.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 07:23:31 PM »
Thanks jag!  Just one thing...when in love...you back the other up.  Has nothing to do with being blind and Mike and I have discussed his logging on under me.  He does not mess with anyone else's post, just Linda, and only when she is out of control and bashing me (while I am not online).  Everyone has a problem with Linda, it is not just Mike.  She has already been banned from this board at least once (and has been accused of being a male gimmick).

XXXLinda has a valid point - when I first read you and Mike's threads about each other I was turned off....now it's a different story...To suggest XXXLinda is a man etc...you are just mad and reacted with anger....
K

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 07:28:45 PM »
I like Laura and Mike.  They are great posters.  :)

:)

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 07:33:23 PM »
I like Laura and Mike.  They are great posters.  :)

Great deleters too!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 10:35:08 PM »
Thanks jag!  Just one thing...when in love...you back the other up.

You're still clearly not getting it Laura!

Ever met one of those new parents who bring their kid over to your house, and they decide to change the baby's diaper's without laying out the proper protection? Then baby has diarhhea, or if a baby boy, turns into a human fountain, and the parent says "Oh look, jr. has his first bout of diarhhea! How adorable! What a special moment! Someone get the camera."  ::)  Then to top it off, they ask jr to pee all over the carpet again 'cause they missed it the first time. Ya reeal special all over your white carpets NOT!  >:(

YOU are like that parent Laura!

Just because YOU are in love with Mikey, doesn't mean the rest of us are too.

Has nothing to do with being blind

When it comes to Mikey you're blinder than Stevie Wonder & Ray Charles put together! {LOL}
We've all been there, ...making excuses, and dismissing things in our loved ones that we'd object to from others. Not all of us jump right in, condone it, or worse, actively encourage it simply because we love them, and therefore feel the need to "back them up" tho (thankfully). Seriously Laura, would you support Mikey if he decided to get drunk and go on a joyride (to be supportive and back him up?)  ::)

and Mike and I have discussed his logging on under me.  He does not mess with anyone else's post, just Linda, and only when she is out of control and bashing me (while I am not online).

You say that as if it's OK! It's not! He shouldn't be messing with anyone's posts PERIOD! ...and especially not Linda's given the history between them. He's not a mod. If he has a problem with something Linda has written about you, he should be addressing Linda in PM and/or reporting it to a mod or directly to Ron. He should be following the same advice you so freely give to others. The SO of a mod shouldn't be given a free pass. Tough break for him being the SO of a mod, ...it's like being the preacher's kid. If he can't hold himself to a higher standard, perhaps he can at least hold himself to the board standards so as not to compromise you. The more your bias shows itself, the more it compromises the level of respect you enjoy as a mod whether people state it or not. Doing his best not to compromise you is what I would consider "backing up someone you love" Wouldn't you agree?

He is not a mod of this woman's board. And quite frankly IMO, the last thing YOU should be doing as a MOD of the woman's board is actively discouraging a woman from posting here, or the passive condoning of such by other men on the woman's board

Everyone has a problem with Linda, it is not just Mike.  She has already been banned from this board at least once (and has been accused of being a male gimmick).

That's irrelevant. The entire world could hate her, ...it doesn't give Mikey the right to log on as a mod and mess with her post. There have been those who have done far worse than Linda and have not been banned, so her being previously banned from this board is completely irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. Given my recent knowledge and experience with the whimsical way in which bans are handed out in this place, ...it means even less as far as I'm concerned. I am well aware she has been accused of being a male gimmick, and I freely admit to having that same impression for quite some time after she first came here. It's all irrelevant. It still doesn't excuse mikey's behaviour or your negligence concerning your mod access.

I'm not going to go into this any further. It's plain for those who have eyes and want to see. Those who are blind or choose to remain blind, will continue to do so, so I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good manicure over this.

ps: Don't take this post to mean I don't like you two, I do.
I'm just a little more objective where you guys are concerned
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 10:51:12 PM »
Judi,

"Just repetitive?" "Just repetitive?" ...and you call ME polite?!  ;D
After that "just repetitive" comment, I'm about ready to hand you my politeness trophy! You've earned it!

Ahhh, ...this is where ignorance rears it's head.
It's not your fault tho, ...you're just biologically & anatomically challenged.

The choice of a proper tampon is of utmost importance, and performance wise OB blows tampax out of the water!

Everyone working on their body isn't putting up pics at a alarming rate.

Shush, I was trying to put a polite spin on their "repetitiveness". Didn't you see the strategically placed winky?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 10:55:52 PM »

Jake,

You better take that back before I fly to wherever you are and chop your fingers off!  >:(
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2007, 11:15:47 PM »
It changed mine.  :)

I hated playtex, find it an inferior product which, as xxxlinda said, lengthens rather than thickens so is pretty much useless.  I thought of taking to the streets to protest their awful product but frankly, in the grand scheme of things, seemed a little petty next to something like global warming.

So STella, I took your advice months ago, to try ob again... and it wasn't an easy transition  ;), but finally got the hang of it, and am much happier as a result.  Am saving time and money too.  So, yes, I think this was a great thread. And thanks for tip STella!!!  :-*

Hi Deedee! Welcome Back!

OB's are the best aren't they? I discovered those when I was 14. My best friend turned me on to them one day after gym class when the I got a surprise and the darned vending machine in the locker room was empty. Thank Goodness gym class was just before lunch period because it took me close to 20 minutes just to insert the darn thing. Now I can do it in my sleep. Before that I was using Playtex which were a small step up from the one we all start out with. How on earth Tampax can survive as a company is beyond me. I find them to be the absolute worst tampon on the market. I guess having first mover advantage went a long way, ...that and getting the contracts to supply school vending machines. I guess they keep their market simply because of habit. I'm glad my best friend encouraged me to try them back then. I haven't looked back since. My only complaint with them tho is a while back they relabeled all their absorbency rates without letting us know, so all of a sudden the SUPER absorbency ended up being only equivalent to the previous REGULAR absorbency.
w