Author Topic: Robby Robinson... strange bodybuilder I have ever dealt with...  (Read 30603 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Yup, top 3 in history - EASY and because he could compete for so long PROVES he didn't fill himself with Insulin and other crap. Check his stomach vacuum too, not possible on high amounts of insulin and steroids ....
Depends on what you mean by high amounts. He certainly has had a very extended drug career.

What you are saying is akin to saying an alcoholic who lives to be 70 proves he didn't abuse alcohol. Genetics come into play.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
The funny thing in an interview with Ben Johnson he said he was only taking 1 tablet of Stanazol a day 5mg.Many will call bullshit im skeptical but what if it was true.
In his sport using high amounts of steroids would only have been detrimental. He wasn't trying to put on a lot of muscle or any muscle at all really. You certainly can't juice yourself to become a track star. Speed is extremely genetic.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
In his sport using high amounts of steroids would only have been detrimental. He wasn't trying to put on a lot of muscle or any muscle at all really. You certainly can't juice yourself to become a track star. Speed is extremely genetic.

100m sprinters wan to be as powerful as possible while as light as possible. genetics (fibre types, leverages, etc) aside, this is an indellible truth.

they work very hard in the weight room to create as much explosive strength as possible, particularly in the off-season. it is well known that johnson could squat 600+lbs at his strongest.

he needed to create incedibly dense thick muscle with minimum body fat. ultimately that meant, hell yeah, he had a shit load of muscle on his body. he just didn't have much water retention or fat like a bber might have.

i don't know how much stanazolol (or other drugs) ben used, but i wouldn't put much stock in what any athelete says, especially ben (he was a notorious liar and dumb as a box of hammers like most athletes).

i can't believe people don't get this by now, but athletes are NEVER EVER going to tell and interviewer for public knowledge something they wouldn't even tell their best friend ie their drug regimen. unless you actually believed that larry scott and lee preist only had a sniff of dianabol/ deca on holidays to help create their bodies?

stanazolol (winstrol) was favoured by track athletes for its anabolic and low androgenic preperties, meaning it would cause less unwanted water retention than the the higher androgenic compounds. of course we are talkign close to comp here where the focus becomes less on absolute strength and more on speed and explosive power and also because the water based winstrol cleared the system much quicker (2 - 4 weeks usually) so the test could be beat. however, don't believe for a second that they didn't love their anadrol and gh. snowballs chance in hell of catching anyone on gh back then. hell, you could shoot 50iu of gh right before the drug test and pass with flying colours.

millions of dollars in sponsorship + fame and and fortune doing exactly what you always dreamed of = "i'll take whatever i can get my hands on with that thankyou."

put it this way, they did a poll in the 70s/80s whereby the athletes were asked, "if you could take a pill/drug that guaranteed you a gold medal in your event but you would die shortly after, would you take the pill/drug?"

75% said, "hell yeah!"

amazing how your average joe still has no idea of the drive and ambition of a top flight athlete. a lttle hint: they didn't get to that position by being timid or inhibited. by the time an athlete is world class (in a sport like track and field) the question of whether said athlete will or won't has already been answered.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
100m sprinters wan to be as powerful as possible while as light as possible. genetics (fibre types, leverages, etc) aside, this is an indellible truth.

they work very hard in the weight room to create as much explosive strength as possible, particularly in the off-season. it is well known that johnson could squat 600+lbs at his strongest.

he needed to create incedibly dense thick muscle with minimum body fat. ultimately that meant, hell yeah, he had a shit load of muscle on his body. he just didn't have much water retention or fat like a bber might have.

i don't know how much stanazolol (or other drugs) ben used, but i wouldn't put much stock in what any athelete says, especially ben (he was a notorious liar and dumb as a box of hammers like most athletes).

i can't believe people don't get this by now, but athletes are NEVER EVER going to tell and interviewer for public knowledge something they wouldn't even tell their best friend ie their drug regimen. unless you actually believed that larry scott and lee preist only had a sniff of dianabol/ deca on holidays to help create their bodies?

stanazolol (winstrol) was favoured by track athletes for its anabolic and low androgenic preperties, meaning it would cause less unwanted water retention than the the higher androgenic compounds. of course we are talkign close to comp here where the focus becomes less on absolute strength and more on speed and explosive power and also because the water based winstrol cleared the system much quicker (2 - 4 weeks usually) so the test could be beat. however, don't believe for a second that they didn't love their anadrol and gh. snowballs chance in hell of catching anyone on gh back then. hell, you could shoot 50iu of gh right before the drug test and pass with flying colours.

millions of dollars in sponsorship + fame and and fortune doing exactly what you always dreamed of = "i'll take whatever i can get my hands on with that thankyou."

put it this way, they did a poll in the 70s/80s whereby the athletes were asked, "if you could take a pill/drug that guaranteed you a gold medal in your event but you would die shortly after, would you take the pill/drug?"

75% said, "hell yeah!"

amazing how your average joe still has no idea of the drive and ambition of a top flight athlete. a lttle hint: they didn't get to that position by being timid or inhibited. by the time an athlete is world class (in a sport like track and field) the question of whether said athlete will or won't has already been answered.

When I was a kid I used to look up to this "legends"
Too bad I had to grow up!!!

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA

75% said, "hell yeah!"

Very True

It was not to the last 3 years of my juicing ive been clean 3 years that the perfect stack for me was high amounts of Stanazol and Deca i was not huge but i got great results, other BBs around me were using Tons of Test and Trenbelone, Anadrol you name it and they were as big as brick out houses.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time

Untrue; roids help reaction speed big-time, as in a sprinter's first 10 yards, as in Bond's bat speed. Jonshon's 100m times rose significantly when off the juice ie '92 olympics.

That's in addition to significant increases in power and endurance.

Johnson's dosages weren't that high, weren't needed. In part because he was stacking and in part because individual response to various doses varies.

pumpster

• Getbig V
Robby has always been dumb. If you watch pumping iron you will see Lou posing with a Cheetah. That animal was brough in by Ben Weider so that he could film some bestiality scenes with the bodybuilders. Most bodybuilders were too smart to get involved but guess who was dumb enough to agree to it? Yes Robby was. In the pumping iron 25th anniversary extra scenes you see Robby performing a squirming drug induced dance at the after show party and I can tell you now that his squirming moves were caused by his buttocks being sore after the Cheetah scratched them while mounting him. 

This post is far dumber than anything i've seen Robinson do. When i talked to him backstage at the Universe he didn't seem stupid; i think some of the things might have more to do with pride and ego than stupidity.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"

75% said, "hell yeah!"

There is a lot of doping in sports like sprinting but I'm confident that the steroid dosages were minuscule by bodybuilding standards. Here is a question for you: have you used Anadrol and/or high dosage GH yourself? You couldn't take many steps before cramping up on an Anadrol and high dose GH stack. Not to mention a huge increase in the chance of muscle pull. It would be a big difference in shot put and other power disciplines like that obviously.

Ben Johnson's trainer, Charlie Francis, who has no reason to lie since being dragged through the dirt already, has talked about the drug regimens of current sprinters. It's low dosage transdermal steroids, very very low dosages of GH, like 1 (one) unit every other or third day, insulin at 1 (one) unit or so at about the same frequency. Steroids were in fact sometimes only taken every other day because steroids tend to make you "tight". Same in cycling, any steroid or steroid dosage that makes you "pumped" is counterproductive. If you've taken steroids yourself you know about the extreme shin pumps etc, and how they even make walking problematic sometimes.

Similar schedules came out of Russia and DDR.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Untrue; roids help reaction speed big-time, as in a sprinter's first 10 yards, as in Bond's bat speed. Jonshon's 100m times rose significantly when off the juice ie '92 olympics.

That's in addition to significant increases in power and endurance.

Johnson's dosages weren't that high, weren't needed. In part because he was stacking and in part because individual response to various doses varies.
They help obviously and the neural effects are some of the most beneficial effects. I agree totally.

However, a sprinter is born a sprinter. Even with no training Ben Johnson would have been the fastest guy in school etc. That's what I meant. The competition is fierce and the athletes would do anything to shave even a hundredth of a second off their 100m time.

pumpster

• Getbig V

However, a sprinter is born a sprinter. Even with no training Ben Johnson would have been the fastest guy in school etc. That's what I meant. The competition is fierce and the athletes would do anything to shave even a hundredth of a second off their 100m time.

What you're saying about natural talent is true, however the reaction times go up relative to the natural reponse when juicing. Johnson's starts were significantly improved when juicing and declined afterwards without their influence.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
What you're saying about natural talent is true, however the reaction times go up relative to the natural reponse when juicing. Johnson's starts were significantly improved when juicing and declined afterwards without their influence.
Do you happen to have any data on how much Johnson's times improved over his career? I remember reading about it, and it was very slow progress shaving off those hundredths of a second, but can't remember exactly. And he was probably enhanced for the better part of it. How much did his times drop after his top mark? Remember, he was busted a second time so the decline probably wasn't all due to lack of juice.

pumpster

• Getbig V
Do you happen to have any data on how much Johnson's times improved over his career? I remember reading about it, and it was very slow progress shaving off those hundredths of a second, but can't remember exactly. And he was probably enhanced for the better part of it. How much did his times drop after his top mark? Remember, he was busted a second time so the decline probably wasn't all due to lack of juice.

Just look at his time for 3rd place at the 84 olympics and the time in the 92 olympics, which was over 10 seconds.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV

75% said, "hell yeah!"

The other 25% said they'd take 2 pills

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
There is a lot of doping in sports like sprinting but I'm confident that the steroid dosages were minuscule by bodybuilding standards. Here is a question for you: have you used Anadrol and/or high dosage GH yourself? You couldn't take many steps before cramping up on an Anadrol and high dose GH stack. Not to mention a huge increase in the chance of muscle pull. It would be a big difference in shot put and other power disciplines like that obviously.

Ben Johnson's trainer, Charlie Francis, who has no reason to lie since being dragged through the dirt already, has talked about the drug regimens of current sprinters. It's low dosage transdermal steroids, very very low dosages of GH, like 1 (one) unit every other or third day, insulin at 1 (one) unit or so at about the same frequency. Steroids were in fact sometimes only taken every other day because steroids tend to make you "tight". Same in cycling, any steroid or steroid dosage that makes you "pumped" is counterproductive. If you've taken steroids yourself you know about the extreme shin pumps etc, and how they even make walking problematic sometimes.

Similar schedules came out of Russia and DDR.

i hear you, but top flight sprinters are not quick all year.

sprinters of ben's calibre spent a good proportion of the offseason building strength and explosive power with heavy weights, plyometrics, sub max sprints, starts, working technique using core, etc, etc.

Knives

• Getbig III

He ran a 9.83 in 1987 and a 9.79 in 1988

After that he was banned for a few years but he came back in the early 90s.  If I recall correctly, when he came back he was running a 10.3-10.5.  There would be other factors for that, such as him being older and emotional damage done by ruining his reputation and career, which could cause less motivation to train

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
agreed 100 % .speed aka being explosive is genetic and increases but not much over time .Timing aka running the hundred in 45 steps aka turnover rate is what all sprinters strive for...timing.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
He ran a 9.83 in 1987 and a 9.79 in 1988

After that he was banned for a few years but he came back in the early 90s.  If I recall correctly, when he came back he was running a 10.3-10.5.  There would be other factors for that, such as him being older and emotional damage done by ruining his reputation and career, which could cause less motivation to train
It's not training..it's bringing the goods and timing andd everything clicking at one particular time on one race...if everything clicks than u have a sub 10 race. Otherwise everyone runs low 10's .

Bones

• Getbig IV
  • 3rd pass thru the buffet line,had to undo my belt
           I think I remember seeing this face sticking out of a sleeping bag the last time I was down on Venice Beach...or maybe it was when I was at the L.A. Zoo .
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

BGSLVOWNR

• Getbig II
  • EVEN THE MIGHTY OAK STARTS AS AN ACORN
           I think I remember seeing this face sticking out of a sleeping bag the last time I was down on Venice Beach...or maybe it was when I was at the L.A. Zoo .

NO DOUBT, I WOULD SWEAR THAT I RECENTLY SAW ROBBY ASK ME IF HE COULD CLEAN MY WINDSHIELD WHEN I WAS DOWN NEAR FREEMONT STREET. BROTHER IS ALL OVER THE PLACE.
14 WORDS

pumpster

• Getbig V
agreed 100 % .speed aka being explosive is genetic and increases but not much over time .Timing aka running the hundred in 45 steps aka turnover rate is what all sprinters strive for...timing.

No, no you didn't read the other posts. Reaction time can improve with training, and in addition and aside from that, can improve substantially on the juice. That reaction time improvement's exactly what happened with Bond's bat speed as well as Johnson's start reaction time that was already superior and got even better on the juice.

What wasn't mentioned above is that Johnson's times in 87 and 88 were also an improvement over 84 as well as much faster than 92. Pretty much a correlation with gradual increases in doping as well as better training followed by a withdrawal from both in the 90s. His time did improve significantly in the early 90s before being caught a second time.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
I heard that she got cornered by Balco and that she had to admit it or else they would have exposed her

she should have denied it till the end. unless they had video of her getting injected in the rear with a syringe it made no sense to lie than all of the sudden tell the truth..actually she would have been better off telling the truth from the beginning
irongearco.com

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Why is he wearing a weave? ???
A

the Pure Majestic

• Getbig III
Why is he wearing a weave? ???

Why is that picture superimposed onto the background of a gym? 
It is obvious that picture wasn't taken in that gym.  Where was it taken?

Bones

• Getbig IV
  • 3rd pass thru the buffet line,had to undo my belt
Why is that picture superimposed onto the background of a gym? 
It is obvious that picture wasn't taken in that gym.  Where was it taken?
   Possibly in a zoo or wild life preserve.
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No, no you didn't read the other posts. Reaction time can improve with training, and in addition and aside from that, can improve substantially on the juice. That reaction time improvement's exactly what happened with Bond's bat speed as well as Johnson's start reaction time that was already superior and got even better on the juice.

What wasn't mentioned above is that Johnson's times in 87 and 88 were also an improvement over 84 as well as much faster than 92. Pretty much a correlation with gradual increases in doping as well as better training followed by a withdrawal from both in the 90s. His time did improve significantly in the early 90s before being caught a second time.
no no ,I don't need to read the other posts. I do not mean to offend u but 1 : u never sprinted....2 : u do not understand the mechanics of sprinting....maybe I didn't explain it good enough but as I previously stated , juice don't have anything to do with reaction time...it's mind muscle connection.