Author Topic: true or false: generally speaking 3 to 4 years of training you reach your max?  (Read 1230 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
just wondering this question: is it more or less true that after consistent hard training and proper diet everyone for the most part reaches their max limit in bodyweight,muscularity,etc after 3 or 4 years? and after that it's all about refinement, muscle maturity,etc. (this is bb doing it naturally by the way ) and that after 3 to 4 years if this is the case you have to make the decision to refine what you have or go the other route to get bigger, gain bodyweight/muscularity.

i know alot depends of many many factors (genetics, age, etcetera, etcetera)

but generally speaking is 3 to 4 years the basic rule?

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
You aproach our "genetic potential' after 2 to 3 years of hardcore natural training and eating.
After that it is a struggle.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
False

Chuck Vogelpohl is 43 years old and is bigger and stronger than he has ever been in his life.

Jason

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
False

Chuck Vogelpohl is 43 years old and is bigger and stronger than he has ever been in his life.

Jason

But let's be real here bro, Chuck has some "help" that most trainees don't have.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
you only reach your potential when you become satisfied with your results...

never settle than less than perfection.. adn you'll never stop progressing..

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
But let's be real here bro, Chuck has some "help" that most trainees don't have.

I can concede that.  But look how many powerlifters or bodybuilders for that matter are better than they were 5 or even 10 years ago.  3-4 years isnt it. Chuck has been training for well over 20 years.

Jason

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
I can concede that.  But look how many powerlifters or bodybuilders for that matter are better than they were 5 or even 10 years ago.  3-4 years isnt it. Chuck has been training for well over 20 years.

Jason

ah never mind, I was looking at the "bigger" in your post rather than the "stronger" part.  Bigger ain't happen' without "help" once you reach your 40s, but stronger definitely.  Most PLers peak in their late 30s/early 40s, so I see your point.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
ah never mind, I was looking at the "bigger" in your post rather than the "stronger" part.  Bigger ain't happen' without "help" once you reach your 40s, but stronger definitely.  Most PLers peak in their late 30s/early 40s, so I see your point.

Yeah.  I thought you might've, so I tried to clarify.  Also, you have to remember how long Chuck artificially kept his weight down to lift in the 220's.  Ill admit though...Hes the exception, not the rule.

Jason

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
Yeah.  I thought you might've, so I tried to clarify.  Also, you have to remember how long Chuck artificially kept his weight down to lift in the 220's.  Ill admit though...Hes the exception, not the rule.

Jason

Yeah, that Chuck's a friggin' phenom.  Def. one in a million.  Never had the good fortune of meeting him, but have always been a fan of his achievements.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Yeah, that Chuck's a friggin' phenom.  Def. one in a million.  Never had the good fortune of meeting him, but have always been a fan of his achievements.

Hes a really good dude.  Ive spoken to him a few different times, and hes really very approachable, so long as its not meet time :D

Jason

Herc

• Getbig II
it took me about 5 years to reach my max and after that ive had very little reall gains.  Thats just being natural though. 

Emmortal

• Getbig V
It's an impossible question to answer.  Why?  Everyone is different.  Some guys have been training for 15-20 years before hitting their max potential.  Some guys hit it sooner, there's a lot of variables that can't really be answered with a simple true or false.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Well it depends on when the individual started training. If you started at 16, after 3-4 years you are no where near your max. Anyway, if i had to pick an answer, id say false.
No doubt about it...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
False.  You can always take it one step further without the drugs in 3 or 4 years.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
Id say false.Ive been training nearly 7 years and i seem to be making most progress now ( though my training routines in the past could be to blame for lack of progress, as well as diet )

Deadpool

• Getbig V
you only reach your potential when you become satisfied with your results...

never settle than less than perfection.. adn you'll never stop progressing..

Wow I really like that.  Good stuff.
X