Author Topic: DB vs. BB strength  (Read 3379 times)

dov

• Getbig IV
Re: DB vs. BB strength
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2007, 02:55:48 PM »
i prefer kicking them back 1 at a time, and where you have your arms not upright, so the first press you do is a positive instead of a negative
just wondering if you've ever tried kicking back and up(extended) at same time./..starting at neg. position??...just like to add that..I feel my technique is safer..once you get the hang of it..less stress on shldrs/back than pulling back one at a time

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007, 04:30:43 PM »
just wondering if you've ever tried kicking back and up(extended) at same time./..starting at neg. position??...just like to add that..I feel my technique is safer..once you get the hang of it..less stress on shldrs/back than pulling back one at a time

Bro, no flaming on the training board plz.  Keep it to the G&O or the alphas.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2007, 05:04:56 PM »
Bro, no flaming on the training board plz.  Keep it to the G&O or the alphas.
How about keeping your trolling over there as well? ;)
follow the arrows

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2007, 05:07:10 PM »
How about keeping your trolling over there as well? ;)

Jesus dude, can you try, just this once, to NOT follow me around everywhere you go?  Sheesh, this is getting old. :-\

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2007, 05:11:56 PM »
Jesus dude, can you try, just this once, to NOT follow me around everywhere you go?  Sheesh, this is getting old. :-\
No.
follow the arrows

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2007, 06:47:51 PM »
Yeah....tell me about it...serious question: have you ever had restraining orders placed against you?

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2007, 06:50:53 PM »
another thing..."everywhere you go" or "I go"? You're not very clear my good friend..maybe you're drunk?

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 06:59:03 PM »
another thing..."everywhere you go" or "I go"? You're not very clear my good friend..maybe you're drunk?

his point of view pretty clear to anyone that lifts or knows what the topic of the thread is.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2007, 07:30:17 PM »

Why did you just respond twice to my one post?  Are you drunk, "dov"?

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2007, 07:33:43 PM »
Alright ladies play nice on the V or post on the topic.   ;)
Squishy face retard

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2007, 08:26:39 AM »

ill try that this friday when i do chest.  ive never had any stress issues besides a wrist hurting when doing db presses

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2007, 02:14:42 PM »
I've told you before...you're my new hero

Like cap said, take it to the V, cumlord >:(

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2007, 01:39:40 PM »
I am pretty sure what really determines how much more/less weight you will use on dumbells vs. barbell is simply how much you have used it in the past.  For example, I didn't do barbell bench press for well over a year and probably close to 2 years.  I eventually got stuck at using the same dumbell weight for 11 reps (I moved up 5 lbs once I could hit 12) for 3 months straight.  So I switched to barbell and couldn't do as much weight as I could with dumbells.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2007, 02:04:04 PM »
thats a good idea. but, it wouldn't be far. not all gyms  goes up to the same wights. some guys goes up to 150s others up to 250s. if your after powerlifting, and throwing up pressing overhead with super heavy weights. in that cases DB's would be harder and  very uncontrollable. when you  use a  barbell you can  control it easier. the main is, you can't get DB's heavy enough for these guys that can do bench 500lbs with no sweat

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2007, 03:54:54 AM »
yea you guys are lucky to even have 150 DB in your gym ours top out at 120...but i like to go back and forth every couple of weeks whatever i use a BB for ill switch to DB and vice versa i think it keeps a good ROM plus i dont get burnt out on either...

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2007, 10:33:42 AM »
Alternating week to week, I think Mesomorph does this, is a good plan.  I think Coleman does/did something similar and he is no slouch in the strength department.  It makes sense to me.  Once you max out the DBs in your gym then stick to BB more if strength is your only goal but I would still use DBs for variety. 
Squishy face retard

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2007, 10:54:58 AM »
yea i like variety more then any exercise something new is always better then the same shit week after week after week...when i go to DB i do more reps than i do overall with BB....just trying to keep interesting...