Author Topic: captains of the crush grippers  (Read 12395 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: captains of the crush grippers
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 06:37:43 AM »
I got a 300lb gripper on the way. I have a feeling I can get damn close if not close it on my right hand...

What sucks the most is right now I can only train wiht them every couple days to let my hand heal up. It hurts after working with them for awhile!

If you get a #3 Captains of Crunch, you won't be able to close it for awhile.
As empty as paradise

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 07:29:55 AM »
Its not COC but check out Mark Felix on the Rolling Thunder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAdykOiPFTo

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2007, 07:34:41 AM »
what's so difficult about a rolling thunder?!  ???

hey lift when you make one you gotta post plans so I can make one too!  ;D

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 07:47:45 AM »
what's so difficult about a rolling thunder?!  ???

hey lift when you make one you gotta post plans so I can make one too!  ;D

The Rolling Thunder handle rolls right out of your hand so you need a ton of crushing/pinch grip strength.

Just to mimic it, try putting 250lbs on a barbell and DL it with one hand. Its a serious bitch.

I think Magnus Samuelson has the official record at 273lbs but Im not sure.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 08:06:30 AM »
I got a 300lb gripper on the way. I have a feeling I can get damn close if not close it on my right hand...

What sucks the most is right now I can only train wiht them every couple days to let my hand heal up. It hurts after working with them for awhile!

My hands and wrists always killed me for a few days after i trained with the COC. just do it every 4-5 days.

Rolling thunder sounds very tough, i never used one but we used to do one hand deadlifts with a 55 pound fat squat bar and it was a bitch.

8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 08:11:09 AM »
The Rolling Thunder handle rolls right out of your hand so you need a ton of crushing/pinch grip strength.

Just to mimic it, try putting 250lbs on a barbell and DL it with one hand. Its a serious bitch.

I think Magnus Samuelson has the official record at 273lbs but Im not sure.

I can pick up the 275lb fat farmers handles for a good 30' walk HAHA so I wonder how much this would transfer to. It looks like a straight wrist dumbbell pickup kinda lift.. is it really that bad? ???

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 08:29:18 AM »

I can pick up the 275lb fat farmers handles for a good 30' walk HAHA so I wonder how much this would transfer to. It looks like a straight wrist dumbbell pickup kinda lift.. is it really that bad? ???

All I have done is simulate it with a barbell so far. I can get up and go with 310lb farmers but cant hold 225 on a barbell for more than a few seconds.

Rolling thunder is thicker and rolls easier than an oly bar. Give it a try with a bb, bro.

I've seen Magnus S pick up and run with 373lb farmers for 100' with no drops but when he tried 280+ with the RT he dropped it right away.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2007, 08:36:06 PM »
I've been closing my 300lb gripper for a couple of reps .sometimes up to 3 reps...and decided to try and see if I could close 350lbs worth of gripper by putting my 150 and 200lb gripper together..

got about 1/2 from closing it...

GIVE ME A YEAR AND I'LL CLOSE THE COC 4!!!  ;D

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 01:09:49 AM »
 ::) ::) ::)

Is it just me?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2007, 04:39:49 AM »

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 09:49:13 AM »
Ok "magnus" haha.  ::)

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2007, 12:03:28 PM »
just ordered a 3.5 gripper, so ill let you know how it goes

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2007, 03:47:10 PM »
Everybody closes the 3.5 first try, big deal, we are all 315 @ 3%.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2007, 04:14:36 PM »
Everybody closes the 3.5 first try, big deal, we are all 315 @ 3%.

Really??

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2008, 03:44:05 AM »
No.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2008, 06:32:16 AM »
I've been closing my 300lb gripper for a couple of reps .sometimes up to 3 reps...and decided to try and see if I could close 350lbs worth of gripper by putting my 150 and 200lb gripper together..

I usually have no trouble believing you bro.

But closing a 300 lbs gripper for 3 reps after a week or so? :-\

A vid would be nice.

Make sure to rest at least a couple of days before attempting it though, making sure your strength is all there.

As empty as paradise

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2008, 07:39:25 AM »

bullshit.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2008, 10:07:21 AM »

I usually have no trouble believing you bro.

But closing a 300 lbs gripper for 3 reps after a week or so? :-\

A vid would be nice.

Make sure to rest at least a couple of days before attempting it though, making sure your strength is all there.

I'm having to do it once or twice a week. If I wait a few days they're cake..if I try to do it the next day the 250 is hard to close. I found if I squeeze it hard and fast it's easier to close the heavier ones. My fingers are senstive to the touch now though.. I tried lately holding the 250 closed for as long as possible for stamina and it sucks.  Sure I'll try to get a video of the 300 now that I have a working camera!  ;D

I'm scared I'm going to break my teeth doing them too.. I find when I try to squeeze them shut I clinch my teeth hard.  :-\

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2008, 02:40:02 PM »
buy a mouthpiece, i used one in competition because i actually broke a tooth during a squat attempt one time.

you are either full of crap or one of the most genetically gifted people on this earth.

it took me 8 months to close the #2

8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2008, 02:44:34 PM »
buy a mouthpiece, i used one in competition because i actually broke a tooth during a squat attempt one time.

you are either full of crap or one of the most genetically gifted people on this earth.

8)

I have no problems gaining strength..but I'll never be blown the fuck up like some lifters here. I'm trying to talk my girl into getting rid of some pics off her camera I bought her or upload them already so I can use it to get you guys a video of it. The number 3 is rated at 280 on teh website and my new gripper is rated at 300.  And I've loaded it with so much fucking chalk it looks like i've been busting up kilos of coke with it.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2008, 02:49:46 PM »

8)

on the website the #2 is rated at 195.. my 200lb gripper I got for christmas I can do 20 reps and each hand and do 30 second holds with it when I train with it and that 250 for reps. I hold them the traditional way then flip it over and do it reversed with the 200 and 250, I can close the 200lb gripper with my index and middle finger only on both hands...

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2008, 02:49:55 PM »
I have no problems gaining strength..but I'll never be blown the fuck up like some lifters here. I'm trying to talk my girl into getting rid of some pics off her camera I bought her or upload them already so I can use it to get you guys a video of it. The number 3 is rated at 280 on teh website and my new gripper is rated at 300.  And I've loaded it with so much fucking chalk it looks like i've been busting up kilos of coke with it.

it's all good man, i've seen some impressive lifters in my day. i'm not one to call people out.

Good luck bro.

8)

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2008, 02:54:15 PM »
I've done 190lbs rolling thunder. I'd love to try it again to see if I could do heavier.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2008, 02:56:29 PM »
I wish lift would put up plans on how to make one. I'd love to try it!

BUT FIRST I'LL MAKE A RIDICULOUS CLAIM WIHT IT! AND LOSE MY CAMERA IN THE PROCESS!  ;D ;D ;D

seriously though..do you guys think the rolling thunder will be one of those can't live without strength training tools eventually?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2008, 12:06:09 AM »

seriously though..do you guys think the rolling thunder will be one of those can't live without strength training tools eventually?

I doubt it - it just seems to be a another novelty grip strength lift - I'd never even heard of it until I saw it at the Olympia Expo - I'm not even sure how many years it's been around - however, the fact that I did it means that I now like it!!  :)