Author Topic: Medford's training log  (Read 72153 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Medford's training log
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2007, 07:30:33 PM »
Medford is ready, but she can't do a diet mainly for bodybuilders. She needs some "snacking" or nibbling otherwise she wont stick by it. No offense Luv2 Hurt, but your a bodybuilder like Laura, that diet is not going to help Medford. She needs something that she can stick by. it needs to be interesting for her. Fish and chicken day in and out is not the right diet all the time for someone like that. A bodybuilder yes, not medford.

I hear what your saying.  It does not have to be a hardcore BB type diet though, just small frequent meals.  I agree if the diet is to restrictive and hard she will not stick with it.  Thats why I hate the saying "Im going on a diet"  Sounds temporary, it needs to be way of life by changing eating habits.

It seams to me if people would just control portion sizes that would help them a lot.

I do hope Med loses the weight and reaches her goals, she will feel a lot better when she does.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2007, 07:36:31 PM »
She wont stick to a diet that is the same day in and out..look at jenny craig meals...they are a variety..what you gonna argue with a 100 billion dollar company,,Medford needs a diet that has a mixture of all foods but portioned right.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007, 07:43:02 PM »
She wont stick to a diet that is the same day in and out..look at jenny craig meals...they are a variety..what you gonna argue with a 100 billion dollar company,,Medford needs a diet that has a mixture of all foods but portioned right.
Sure, go ahead and look at Jenny Craig dieters and while you're looking, find out 3 things.

1. How many of them that do lose weight are actually primarily losing muscle tissue...and just because you're not a BB does not mean that you don't want to keep what muscle tissue you do have.

2. How many of them actually lose weight period?

3. How many of them actually keep the weight off? Because diets like these are not lifestyle changes, they are temporay relief at best.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2007, 07:54:02 PM »
so are yo yo diets like fish and chicken day in and out,,,bottom line,,she needs a diet built for her. Not all snacks of course, but she needs some snacks mixed in with a healthy diet that is a variety of foods..even something for a sweet tooth,,,

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2007, 11:39:50 PM »
I disagree big time. There are many ways to lose weight, but that doesn't mean all of them are "right."

She can eat a high protein diet, without all the carbs and not be hungry all day...she does not have to feel the need to "nibble." The key is not starving yourself by eliminating all fats from the diet, then there is no need for things like grapejuice or "nibbling."

Prime examples, of the people I advise and train, the majority of them are middle aged women, and the ones that actually lose the weight are the ones who eat the way people are advising Medford on here.

My favorite example, my mother. She has been eating like this now for 3months, and has lost 35lbs. She never feels hungry, unless she goes to long without eating one of her meals...which never happens anymore because she figured out that this was a bad thing. She still needs to lose about 20 more lbs and I'm trying to help her understand that she needs to get into the gym to make this happen, and she will, but so far she's lost the weight without it, so this type of diet does work...and it works well...mom is looking and feeling fantastic!

I will admit this, a lot of these women are very hesitant to diet like this, butcause on paper it looks miserable...but that's only because they are so used to comfort foods. Once they get into it and see it working, which only works if they stick to it...they all seem to adapt very well.

I have to agree with JediKnight.

You're talking about getting Medford on some kind of keto diet.

Why not try to change her eating habit permanently, learn her to eat a more healthy, balanced diet, that she will enjoy?

Get her to include more veggies.

And the bullshit about excluding proper carbs from the last few meals of the day... What's the point in that?

Keep the carb intake moderate, eg ~50% and the protein fairly high, cerca 20%. And obviously 30% fats.

But stick to the right kind of carbs.

JediKnight has the right idea. It's about giving Medford the tools to stay the course.

Medford has lost weight in the past, but always bounced back.

As empty as paradise

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2007, 04:49:28 AM »

JediKnight has the right idea. It's about giving Medford the tools to stay the course.

I bet the reason Med cant stay on the diet IS because she eats too many carbs.  This has her on a blood sugar level roller coaster, with fat storing insulin spikes.  Feeling hungry all the time and a lack of energy.  Get your body to start burning fat for energy and you will be surprised how comfortable the diet is while loosing weight.

As to the tools Med needs to stay the course thats a whole different story.  Most of that is in her head, yes psychological.  People have all kinds of behaviors that make and keep them fat.  Not saying these are Med but depression, low self esteem, boredome, reward eating, patterens learned as a child, obsessions with women in jail for murder......oh JK on the last one  ;D....sorry Med.

To be honest it also seems she came on here and asked for advice but when given some she already has her own mind up and is not open to anything else?  Why ask for advice when you already have it all figured out??

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2007, 05:33:50 AM »
I ate a teeny steak with jack daniel's steak sause...I ate three eggs too that night...why cause my thighs hurt and I knew I had to slam some protein'

I ate a powerbar today, my Animal multipak with a small grape juice, and have been munching on trail mix.  That's not a lot of food

plus I did an hour on the treadmill.  I just try to get my heartrate in the target fatburn zone, so how fast or how slow I go isn't important

That steak was five oz tops, tops I say
Medford, that is not "food".  Those are excess carbs and sugars.  And 5 oz is not a tiny piece of steak.  I am bringing my bodyfat down for a show and I am only consuming 4 oz of protein (6 chicken, 1 fish, 1 lean steak on occasion) per meal and I eat 8 meals (one is a protein isolate shake - no carbs, no sugar). 

And as far as the treadmill goes, it takes 20 minutes at a good pace (3.5 - 4) to bring the heart rate up.  No need to run.  Just keep adding to your incline (adding more and more each day...you're body will get used to the pace and the incline).  Also...try not to hold the bar/rails while doing so...otherwise you are pretty much just assisting yourself and not allowing your legs to do all the work.

You can do it Medford.  It's hard work though, if it wasn't....everyone would be in tip top shape.  ;)
:D Weee

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2007, 05:50:09 AM »
Medford, have you ever had so many guys arguing over you at one time?!   ;D

Prove the doubters wrong!! 

:)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2007, 06:26:22 AM »

Why not try to change her eating habit permanently, learn her to eat a more healthy, balanced diet, that she will enjoy?

And the bullshit about excluding proper carbs from the last few meals of the day... What's the point in that?

Keep the carb intake moderate, eg ~50% and the protein fairly high, cerca 20%. And obviously 30% fats.

I never said anything about a keto diet or anything about not having carbs at certain meals...you pulled that out of thin air.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2007, 06:46:44 AM »
I think Mikes advice on this matter is good.  Not sure whats up between you 2 guys but his advice to Medford was good.  Have to admitt when i heard med say she was "nibbling all day" I was concerned also, WTF does that mean. 

Sorry but Medford is doomed from the way she is responding in this thread.  I predict it will NOt happen for her.  She is not ready to lose the weight yet.

Thanks bro!...........(im just trying to help,"Jedi" follows me around thread to thread so whatever i say in his eyes is "wrong")

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2007, 06:49:54 AM »
Nobody is "right or wrong" .......there are many different approaches to diet.dieting
the key is to find the one that works for you!

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2007, 07:56:11 AM »

Thanks Hedge, We all know Arvilla trys to be helpful. But who in there right mind would ever follow his advice. Stupidity runs in the Arvilla house hold.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2007, 08:00:50 AM »

Thanks Hedge, We all know Arvilla trys to be helpful. But who in there right mind would ever follow his advice. Stupidity runs in the Arvilla house hold.
>:(

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2007, 10:38:33 AM »

Follow a certified personal trainer/competitor (who got shredded for his very first show),who get's other people into shape for a living
or.........a nameless/faceless anonymous internet poster named after a star wars character... who refuses to post a picture of himself

HMMMMMM .....................tou gh choice!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2007, 10:45:09 AM »
Jedi.............stick to what you know best
that being................... ..........Jack and Shit

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2007, 10:59:15 AM »
I am so happy the Medford thread is turning into such a hot topic!  I should give myself a stickie!  I will continue to read the heated debates.  I actually had a cheat meal today, but it's not the end of the world.  Also, I like training on the treadmill.  It's too soon to lose anymore weight, but I do "feel" lighter if that makes any sense.

Instead of going to  the gym today, I got up early and worked on the driveway.  This consisted of chopping up a pile of snowy ice with an ice chopper and shovel...it was a good workout.  I had the one cheat meal today, but am back on the diet. 

I still take the ECA stack twice a day, and I personally feel this is a very effective aide.

The driveway looks a bit nicer.  It was a workout, even though it was cold, I was sweating under my hat and all.

The key to ANY successful diet is SIMPLE: EAT LESS AND EXCERSIZE MORE!!!  That's really all there is to it.  I'm not dieting for a show or anything, but if I really progress I will pop up some pictures.  It's only been since Nov 1st so give it some time.

Thanks for the support and interest, and keep up the heated arguments!  :)
X

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2007, 11:16:40 AM »
I am so happy the Medford thread is turning into such a hot topic!  I should give myself a stickie!  I will continue to read the heated debates.  I actually had a cheat meal today, but it's not the end of the world.  Also, I like training on the treadmill.  It's too soon to lose anymore weight, but I do "feel" lighter if that makes any sense.

Instead of going to  the gym today, I got up early and worked on the driveway.  This consisted of chopping up a pile of snowy ice with an ice chopper and shovel...it was a good workout.  I had the one cheat meal today, but am back on the diet. 

I still take the ECA stack twice a day, and I personally feel this is a very effective aide.

The driveway looks a bit nicer.  It was a workout, even though it was cold, I was sweating under my hat and all.

The key to ANY successful diet is SIMPLE: EAT LESS AND EXCERSIZE MORE!!!  That's really all there is to it.  I'm not dieting for a show or anything, but if I really progress I will pop up some pictures.  It's only been since Nov 1st so give it some time.

Thanks for the support and interest, and keep up the heated arguments!  :)
You had a cheat meal?  No offense Medford, but you have been on these boards long enough to know what a weight loss diet consists of and according to what I have been reading....you really haven't even started dieting yet.  You're eating trail mix, protein bars, drinking juice, adding steak sauce to steak.  What was your "cheat" meal? 

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »
Arvilla..you look like Jack and Shit little man. Medford, you just have to portion your meal different,,you dont have to cut it all out,,You can snack AND eat clean but in such a way that you keep it interesting for you to stick by, you dont need a "bodybuilders" diet, you need an everyday diet that suits YOU. Good luck in your training,,remember Laura Lee has bigger quads than her brother Mike Arvilla,,you dont want to listen to his advice..he is just cocky about being 50 and placing 2nd in a show where there were 3 people over 40.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2007, 05:56:42 PM »
I meant really that I slipped up for one meal. 

I really think that just by consistantly eating less, and going to the gym (or shoveling, which is long and hard work) that I'll be successful.

it's not like I'm going to look like THIS anytime soon
X

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2007, 02:01:38 AM »
it's not like I'm going to look like THIS anytime soon

What about Barbara Fletcher, she's 4 feet and 9 inches short!  :)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2007, 05:46:31 AM »
YES that's fantastic!  These are great motivational pictures

A WORD ABOUT THE DIET:

You guys jumped when I said I had a steak.  Here is a comparison for you:

PRE DIET:

the small steak, a roll, about five slices of american cheeze, and MAYO on both sides of the bread!

DIET:

the same small steak, with only a little bit of steak sause.  This is why I think I can lose weight with what I am eating, COMPARED to the horrendus amount I was eating before!
X

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2007, 06:01:59 AM »
YES that's fantastic!  These are great motivational pictures

A WORD ABOUT THE DIET:

You guys jumped when I said I had a steak.  Here is a comparison for you:

PRE DIET:

the small steak, a roll, about five slices of american cheeze, and MAYO on both sides of the bread!

DIET:

the same small steak, with only a little bit of steak sause.  This is why I think I can lose weight with what I am eating, COMPARED to the horrendus amount I was eating before!

Yes control the portions, eat frequently every 3-4 hours to keep blood sugar levels stable. Excersise and watch the weight fall off.  5 peices of cheese has more calories than the steak you eat.  What do you live in Wisconsin or something  ;)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2007, 08:19:56 AM »
Sticky it up Medford!  This is better than the Sally McNeil thread.   ;)

:)

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2007, 09:14:39 AM »
This is better than the Sally McNeil thread.   ;)

:o ;D

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2007, 04:35:45 PM »
Sticky it up Medford!  This is better than the Sally McNeil thread.   ;)

nothing is better.  blasphemy.  but I am impressed with the responses.
X