Author Topic: Medford's training log  (Read 72397 times)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
Medford's training log
« on: December 17, 2007, 01:58:20 PM »
*note-ladies feel free to start a log here.  This board is heavily moderated.

Yesterday I started training again.  My primary focus is weight loss right now.

I did 40 minutes on the treadmill yesterday.  Thighs felt a little sore today.  I went to the gym hoping to do a longer session, but instead did exactly what I think I shouldn't do...which is start on the treadmill at a fast (for me) pace.  Thighs sore and sore and sore, stopped after 20 minutes

Back home to eat a small steak with Jack's steak sause.  No bread, no cheeze, aw.  ZMA supps a hour or two later.

X

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Medford's training log
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 06:22:21 PM »
Just yesterday you started?  I thought you were keeping updates on the X Board for a while.

Keep up the good work.  What's your diet looking like all day long?

:)

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 07:46:11 PM »

I did 40 minutes on the treadmill yesterday.  Thighs felt a little sore today.  I went to the gym hoping to do a longer session, but instead did exactly what I think I shouldn't do...which is start on the treadmill at a fast (for me) pace.  Thighs sore and sore and sore, stopped after 20 minutes

Back home to eat a small steak with Jack's steak sause.  No bread, no cheeze, aw.  ZMA supps a hour or two later.

No running on those treadmills - crank up the incline and walk at a good pace...
K

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 12:57:21 PM »

your primary goal is weight loss...............yet you ate a steak with steak sauce?!?!??!??!!?!??!
limit your red meat to once a week (no sauce!)
let me know when your ready to get serious with your diet!

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 01:33:38 PM »
I ate a teeny steak with jack daniel's steak sause...I ate three eggs too that night...why cause my thighs hurt and I knew I had to slam some protein'

I ate a powerbar today, my Animal multipak with a small grape juice, and have been munching on trail mix.  That's not a lot of food

plus I did an hour on the treadmill.  I just try to get my heartrate in the target fatburn zone, so how fast or how slow I go isn't important

That steak was five oz tops, tops I say
X

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 01:45:20 PM »
More veggies, less sugars and simple carbs, more protein!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 02:19:36 PM »
I ate a teeny steak with jack daniel's steak sause...I ate three eggs too that night...why cause my thighs hurt and I knew I had to slam some protein'

I ate a powerbar today, my Animal multipak with a small grape juice, and have been munching on trail mix.  That's not a lot of food

plus I did an hour on the treadmill.  I just try to get my heartrate in the target fatburn zone, so how fast or how slow I go isn't important

That steak was five oz tops, tops I say

Your food choices are all wrong!!!!.........jack daniels steak sauce = too much sugar/sodium
powerbar = "glorified candy bar" sugar/carbs too much crap in it
grape juice = sugar
trail mix= sugar/carbs
all you "foods" are junk foods

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 06:43:28 PM »

Your food choices are all wrong!!!!.........jack daniels steak sauce = too much sugar/sodium
grape juice = sugar
trail mix= sugar/carbs

Isn't Medford obese? All she has do is cut calories, and she will lose fat. No need to make the diet difficult, she's not a bodybuilder.

If the diet is difficult she will give up, like 90% of all people who want to get in shape eventually do.

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 08:06:21 PM »
 *edit*  I removed the post.  No baiting and flaming here.  Thanks.  Medford

What did I tell you before, if you want to flame me take it to the gossip forum. This is not the forum to bait and flame others.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 04:54:29 PM »
ya ha ha

that's right all I'm doing is cutting calories

the grape juice is sugar...it's supposed to be.  I have low blood sugar and I bottom out in the mornings

the powerbar is to avoid restaurant food...I'm not bodybuilding, I'm doing an hour of cardio and nibbling all day long.  Plus my ECA stack.  I'm trying to be a non obese person.  I've got enough muscle for now.  I need to strip off a lot of fat.  So far it's working, since my diet was so horrible before and I didn't work out consistantly.

Initial fat weight =X

starting weight on the diet is X+5 lbs today (lowest weight in years was X-17 lbs)
Weight today was X-2 lbs.  So I'm down 7 lbs in a month and a half.

X

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 07:36:52 PM »
ya ha ha

the grape juice is sugar...it's supposed to be.  I have low blood sugar and I bottom out in the mornings

the powerbar is to avoid restaurant food...I'm not bodybuilding, I'm doing an hour of cardio and nibbling all day long.  Plus my ECA stack.  I'm trying to be a non obese person.  I've got enough muscle for now.  I need to strip off a lot of fat.  So far it's working, since my diet was so horrible before and I didn't work out consistantly.

Initial fat weight =X

starting weight on the diet is X+5 lbs today (lowest weight in years was X-17 lbs)

Dont weigh yourself too often, it will mess with your head at this point.  Once a week weighings should be good for now, let how your clothes are fitting you tell the story.

You might not be BB but that would be a good way for you to eat to lose fat IMO  High protien, moderate fat and low carbs should work well.  Keep at the cardio hit the iron at least 3 times a week and you will get there.  Thats if you really want to, once the results start coming it will snoball for you

Keep up the good work!  :)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 01:51:31 AM »

grape juice = sugar
trail mix= sugar/carbs

Nothing wrong with eating fast carbs post workout.

And nothing wrong with some sodium either, it helps the body retain water. Just make sure to get other electrolytes, such as potassium while at it. Magnesium too.

Red meat is good, Medford just needs to up her veggie intake, cut out all her refined carbs (if she's eating shit like French Fries and Pizza, that has to go).

And replace it with whole grain products.

And, veggies.

Then she will be good to go.

Red meat, fat fish, fish, low fat ham and poultry, that's just good food.

Getting diversity in the diet is something many bodybuilders miss out on.
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 02:18:42 AM »
ya ha ha

That's good.

If you drink grape juice, the blood sugar will go up very fast, and then go down again. The blood sugar will activate fat storage, and you don't want that. :-\

Solution:
You need low glycemic carbs such as oatmeal porridge, whole grain bread et al.

Eat whole grain bread.

the powerbar is to avoid restaurant food...I'm not bodybuilding, I'm doing an hour of cardio and nibbling all day long.

Make sure the powerbar has no sugar.

Plus my ECA stack.  I'm trying to be a non obese person.  I've got enough muscle for now.  I need to strip off a lot of fat.  So far it's working, since my diet was so horrible before and I didn't work out consistantly.
Don't try. Just do.

Initial fat weight =X

Good luck, and see you in about 40 lbs.
As empty as paradise

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 03:58:26 AM »
Alot of good info in here already Medford, this should motivate you.  Keep up the good work!!

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 11:43:35 AM »
Aside from weighttraining 3x per week I'm thinking about doing a spinning class. It's spinning on heart rate, not primarily for condition. For fat loss it might be good.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 12:06:10 PM »
well I went to the gym today and did an hour on the treadmill.  I was kinda sweaty, it was good.  again, just monitering heartrate to stay in the fat burning zone

I take the grape juice about 5 oz and 1 to 2 oz of pomegrade juice with my animal pak in the morning and I nibble on nuts and trail mix.  Dose the ECA once or twice a day.  I don't think less than 8 oz of juice is a bad thing.  Bear with me people.  I know some of you are scratching your heads saying WTF but as long as what I'm doing works it is all good

I am not weight training.  Time is a factor, and I'd rather do an hour of cardio a day than anything else. 

I weigh myself CONSTANTLY.  It keeps me "in the zone" and anything less than weight X is encouraging.  Remember I was as high as X plus ten or more pounds at one point

A lot of it is mental.  If anyone is into heady reading, pick up Aneorexia as a Metaphor for Our Times by the same chick that wrote Fat is a Femenist Issue.  It goes into detail about historical cultural expectations on women's size through the times.  Good stuff.  Gives insight into our culture and women's issues.
X

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 12:56:06 PM »
ya ha ha

the powerbar is to avoid restaurant food...I'm not bodybuilding, I'm doing an hour of cardio and nibbling all day long.   Plus my ECA stack.  I'm trying to be a non obese person.  I've got enough muscle for now.  I need to strip off a lot of fat.  So far it's working, since my diet was so horrible before and I didn't work out consistantly.

Initial fat weight =X

Stop "nibbling all day long",eat every 3-4 hours (fish and rice, chicken and rice etc)
cut out the rice and replace with green fiborous carbs last 2 meals of the day ,brocoli,cauliflower etc,give yourself 2 cheat meals per week (meals not cheat days!),you will lose fat and retain muscle
it's not easy...............if it was everyone would be in great shape!

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 03:04:02 PM »
Stop "nibbling all day long",eat every 3-4 hours (fish and rice, chicken and rice etc)
cut out the rice and replace with green fiborous carbs last 2 meals of the day ,brocoli,cauliflower etc,give yourself 2 cheat meals per week (meals not cheat days!),you will lose fat and retain muscle
it's not easy...............if it was everyone would be in great shape!

Actually,,,,don't listen to the above,,you can still nibble, but use smarter choices. Your not a bodybuilder like Laura Lee, so you dont want to eat all your meals fish and rice  and chicken and rice. Try instead of snacking on celery with lowfat peanut butter, and other smart snacks,,you still incorporate a few meals of chicken and rice, but eating every 3 hours those meals is plain wrong. You will drift from the diet, you need to keep it interesting. Almonds are good for snacking in moderation. Lettuce is good to snack on. Sugar free pudding for a sweet tooth. Don't listen to Arvilla, he can't even get his diet down ..lol..good luck Medford.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 03:16:03 PM »
Actually,,,,don't listen to the above,,you can still nibble, but use smarter choices. Your not a bodybuilder like Laura Lee, so you dont want to eat all your meals fish and rice  and chicken and rice. Try instead of snacking on celery with lowfat peanut butter, and other smart snacks,,you still incorporate a few meals of chicken and rice, but eating every 3 hours those meals is plain wrong. You will drift from the diet, you need to keep it interesting. Almonds are good for snacking in moderation. Lettuce is good to snack on. Sugar free pudding for a sweet tooth. Don't listen to Arvilla, he can't even get his diet down ..lol..good luck Medford.

Proof is in the pudding sweetheart!...............

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 04:59:16 PM »
Thats Proof? You are over 6 feet tall but look more aneroxic than kate Moss. You dont know a thing about bodybuilding, Tiny. Your color is awful. You want Medford to look like that. You are seriously one of the most delusional people I have ever seen. Your like 50 years old, why dont you do something except argue on a message board. Medford, dont follow his advice. His diet advice is not a smart diet for you. It is not made for you. You need someone to evaluate you before just throwing out advice like Arvilla. Arvilla isnt that bright, remember that.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 06:19:30 PM »
Thats Proof? You are over 6 feet tall but look more aneroxic than kate Moss. You dont know a thing about bodybuilding, Tiny. Your color is awful. You want Medford to look like that. You are seriously one of the most delusional people I have ever seen. Your like 50 years old, why dont you do something except argue on a message board. Medford, dont follow his advice. His diet advice is not a smart diet for you. It is not made for you. You need someone to evaluate you before just throwing out advice like Arvilla. Arvilla isnt that bright, remember that.

LOL! (post up a pic and let's compare!)

your talking a loooot of smack..............let's see you back it up
(are you all bark and no bite lil puppy?.....hahhahahahahh!!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 07:12:41 PM »
I think Mikes advice on this matter is good.  Not sure whats up between you 2 guys but his advice to Medford was good.  Have to admitt when i heard med say she was "nibbling all day" I was concerned also, WTF does that mean. 

Sorry but Medford is doomed from the way she is responding in this thread.  I predict it will NOt happen for her.  She is not ready to lose the weight yet.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 07:18:05 PM »
Medford is ready, but she can't do a diet mainly for bodybuilders. She needs some "snacking" or nibbling otherwise she wont stick by it. No offense Luv2 Hurt, but your a bodybuilder like Laura, that diet is not going to help Medford. She needs something that she can stick by. it needs to be interesting for her. Fish and chicken day in and out is not the right diet all the time for someone like that. A bodybuilder yes, not medford.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 07:28:44 PM »
This is the type of diet Meddie should be following.  It doesn't have to be a BB diet, but it should not be a sugary drink and trail mix diet either.   :)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=170475.0

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 07:30:32 PM »
Medford is ready, but she can't do a diet mainly for bodybuilders. She needs some "snacking" or nibbling otherwise she wont stick by it. No offense Luv2 Hurt, but your a bodybuilder like Laura, that diet is not going to help Medford. She needs something that she can stick by. it needs to be interesting for her. Fish and chicken day in and out is not the right diet all the time for someone like that. A bodybuilder yes, not medford.
I disagree big time. There are many ways to lose weight, but that doesn't mean all of them are "right."

She can eat a high protein diet, without all the carbs and not be hungry all day...she does not have to feel the need to "nibble." The key is not starving yourself by eliminating all fats from the diet, then there is no need for things like grapejuice or "nibbling."

Prime examples, of the people I advise and train, the majority of them are middle aged women, and the ones that actually lose the weight are the ones who eat the way people are advising Medford on here.

My favorite example, my mother. She has been eating like this now for 3months, and has lost 35lbs. She never feels hungry, unless she goes to long without eating one of her meals...which never happens anymore because she figured out that this was a bad thing. She still needs to lose about 20 more lbs and I'm trying to help her understand that she needs to get into the gym to make this happen, and she will, but so far she's lost the weight without it, so this type of diet does work...and it works well...mom is looking and feeling fantastic!

I will admit this, a lot of these women are very hesitant to diet like this, butcause on paper it looks miserable...but that's only because they are so used to comfort foods. Once they get into it and see it working, which only works if they stick to it...they all seem to adapt very well.