Author Topic: Have you met any bodybuilding pros?  (Read 75916 times)

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
Re: Have you met any bodybuilding pros?
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2008, 11:28:00 AM »

Thought that was Chris Cormier at first ! :D

Btw, great condition !
Thanks. Those pics are from last year.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2009, 02:44:39 PM »
I have met Porter Cottrell and Ali Malla......along with Gaspari......Phil Williams..Rico MCclinton...Shawn Ray......Craig Titus.....Ronnie Coleman.....and Mike Mentzer....also met.....Vince Galanti......and Aaron Baker......Gunter and Claude Groulx.

Without a doubt.....Rico...Porter. ....Ali.....Claude.....P hil.....Ronnie and Gunter are the nicest guys around. Same with Vince Galanti......great great guys.

Porter took time out of his workout to take a pic and shake our hands.....very kind and personable.

Gaspari is the biggest prick in the sport......conceited and aloof......total primadonna.

Mentzer had a sensational sense of humor but a little on the bizzarre side.

Ronnie was truly a people pleaser and very kind indeed.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2009, 03:17:36 PM »
I have met Porter Cottrell and Ali Malla......along with Gaspari......Phil Williams..Rico MCclinton...Shawn Ray......Craig Titus.....Ronnie Coleman.....and Mike Mentzer....also met.....Vince Galanti......and Aaron Baker......Gunter and Claude Groulx.

Without a doubt.....Rico...Porter. ....Ali.....Claude.....P hil.....Ronnie and Gunter are the nicest guys around. Same with Vince Galanti......great great guys.

Porter took time out of his workout to take a pic and shake our hands.....very kind and personable.

Gaspari is the biggest prick in the sport......conceited and aloof......total primadonna.
Mentzer had a sensational sense of humor but a little on the bizzarre side.

Ronnie was truly a people pleaser and very kind indeed.
In 1986, I went to the Mr. Olympia...I was in my early 20's. There was a rumor going around everywhere, that Gaspari  had a heart attack and wouldn't be in the show. So I'm walking in the lobby of the hotel and I see Gaspari walking around...so i ask him if he's going to be in the show. He says, "Of course I'm in the show...Idiot!"..and walks off. True story.

Gavin Laird

• Getbig II
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2009, 01:33:45 PM »
I met Ronnie at a seminar in South Africa, what sticks in my mind was someone asking him what the most important thing was for success in bodybuilding; Training? Nutrition? Mentality?

Ronnies reply?

"You need a Doctor who's a Bodybuilder".

valhalla

• Getbig II
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2009, 02:13:44 PM »
The ones i met that were all acting professional and nice, but nothing more:

Dorian Yates, Lee Labrada,Sonny Schmidt,Geir Borgan Paulsen,JP Fux,Dennis James,Dennis Wolf, Ronnie Rockel, + many i cant remember now.

The ones that were really cool and took lots of time to talk and hang.:

Ron Love(coolest of them all),Vince Taylor,Milos Sarcev, Darrion Holliwell.

The ones that acted arrogant and snooty (maybe they had a bad day?):

Vic Richards, Gary Strydom.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2009, 04:39:09 PM »
I met Ronnie at a seminar in South Africa, what sticks in my mind was someone asking him what the most important thing was for success in bodybuilding; Training? Nutrition? Mentality?

Ronnies reply?

"You need a Doctor who's a Bodybuilder".

That is hilarious!!!

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2009, 09:01:56 AM »
Hosted some Pros while working in the Recreation field overseas. Government contractor. Had a chance to see many more but not really meet them other than a handshake or autograph. Check out the pics in this album from my Facebook page.

Pat

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=75979&id=77941031683&saved#/album.php?aid=75979&id=77941031683

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2009, 12:10:07 PM »
Hosted some Pros while working in the Recreation field overseas. Government contractor. Had a chance to see many more but not really meet them other than a handshake or autograph. Check out the pics in this album from my Facebook page.

Pat

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=75979&id=77941031683&saved#/album.php?aid=75979&id=77941031683

Is that Andrulla Blanchette is the first photo?
Always thought she was hot!

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2009, 12:50:36 PM »
Is that Andrulla Blanchette is the first photo?
Always thought she was hot!

Yeah, that's Andrulla. I hosted Andrulla and Jeff "Box" Long for about a week in Kuwait. I spent just about the whole time with them. Andrulla was great and amazed the soldiers with how strong she was.  I had a great time.

Pat

Morizz

• Getbig I
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2009, 07:50:38 AM »
Flex Wheeler, Branch Warren and Wolf. Plus some Swedish no names...

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2009, 09:22:21 AM »
About 6-7 years ago I met Toney Freemen before he was a big name.  Super nice guy I was in highschool at the time and super weak.  He spotted me when I was benching a whooping 150.  He gave me some lifting advice just a totaly aproachable dude.  Only other dude I saw in the gym is Trey Brewer offseason.  Looked huge and pretty friendly guy.  Didnt talk to much to him but he used to put up some big weight.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2009, 02:27:38 AM »
Met Jay Cutler by accident in San Jose a little over two years ago. I was there to watch a demo at the Lions Den with Frank Shamrock. Jay was at the Max Muscle next door.

I think I've got a pic somewhere...

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2009, 02:06:35 PM »
Yes...The True Adonis.

~

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2009, 04:21:18 PM »
Met Mike Horn a few times. His gym is just a few miles from where I live.
You Can't Do It!!!

wordy

• Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2009, 02:27:06 PM »
At the 200 British GP I met Kevin Leverone, he was really moody and wasn't really making any effort to be socialable, pretty crap considering I'd just bought a £10 photo of him. also met Gunter schlierkamp, Without a doubt the coolest and one of the most friendly guys I've ever met.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2009, 06:07:48 AM »
For about a year after the 79 olympia, I would call Arnold's office and his secretary would answer. I've always been good at doing impressions, so she would think I was Joe Weider and put Arnold on the phone. Then after a few seconds, Arnold would figure it out and go, "Who da hell is dis?".  Then I called once and fooled his secretary into thinking I was Clint Eastwood. Now this was in 79 before Arnold had made Conan..he had made a ridiculous film called the Villain, playing a cowboy role. So Arnold gets on the phone(I did a flawless Eastwood imitation, even as a teen) and he's like "Mr. Eastwood, let me tell you, I have always admired you. Your movies are totally fantastic and I love da vay you also direct your own movies. It's an incredible honor to speak with you." So I tell him "Well, I was hoping we could talk about my new Dirty Harry movie because I've got a great part for you in it." Now he's like creaming his pants and he goes, "REALLY?" Then switching back to my Weider voice I go, "Just kidding Arnold, It's me!" He screams, "God damn you!" and slams the phone down. I had all this on a cassette tape and I used to play it for people. Too bad the tape broke on me.

man
chem wish you had that tape

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2009, 06:13:18 AM »
In 1986, I went to the Mr. Olympia...I was in my early 20's. There was a rumor going around everywhere, that Gaspari  had a heart attack and wouldn't be in the show. So I'm walking in the lobby of the hotel and I see Gaspari walking around...so i ask him if he's going to be in the show. He says, "Of course I'm in the show...Idiot!"..and walks off. True story.

he handed out trophies at a show I ran a few years ago
kinda coarse and crude, to say the least
he had it out for Labrada, who, he says, told him, "You will never be as successful as me in the supp industry..."

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2009, 08:04:49 AM »
gaspari is a world class ass hole.......period......t his guy is only nice and approachable if he is repping his company.

before he had his supp biz......he was a total jerk-off and complete ass clown.

bad experience after bad experience with the man........i have heard many many people mention the same thing time and again........complete jerk!!!!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2009, 10:03:59 AM »
Saw Branch a few times at a popular gym in Houston, he's shorter than he looks(if that's even possible). Apparently he comes to Houston a few times a year and always trains at a 24 Hour Fitness near my house.

Met Titus back in the 90's when he stayed in Houston for a while, he was actually a very cool guy but everyone i knew who was friends with him said he was two-faced. I ran into him again at a popular night club downtown and he was the life of the party.

Saw Iris at another Houston gym only a few months ago, she's very very strong.

8)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2009, 10:39:57 AM »
For about a year after the 79 olympia, I would call Arnold's office and his secretary would answer. I've always been good at doing impressions, so she would think I was Joe Weider and put Arnold on the phone. Then after a few seconds, Arnold would figure it out and go, "Who da hell is dis?".  Then I called once and fooled his secretary into thinking I was Clint Eastwood. Now this was in 79 before Arnold had made Conan..he had made a ridiculous film called the Villain, playing a cowboy role. So Arnold gets on the phone(I did a flawless Eastwood imitation, even as a teen) and he's like "Mr. Eastwood, let me tell you, I have always admired you. Your movies are totally fantastic and I love da vay you also direct your own movies. It's an incredible honor to speak with you." So I tell him "Well, I was hoping we could talk about my new Dirty Harry movie because I've got a great part for you in it." Now he's like creaming his pants and he goes, "REALLY?" Then switching back to my Weider voice I go, "Just kidding Arnold, It's me!" He screams, "God damn you!" and slams the phone down. I had all this on a cassette tape and I used to play it for people. Too bad the tape broke on me.

hahaha!
R

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2009, 04:30:18 PM »

bench

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2009, 05:58:55 PM »
I wanna meet Jay again...

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2010, 02:50:36 PM »
Met Nasser in 96',he was very professional and gracious,also his size was mindboggling-pics did not do him justice,i was blown away...
H

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: February 01, 2010, 10:55:11 PM »
Saw Lee Haney in 1989, Sonny s in 1990, Brain b 1991, Lou F in 1993, Victor R in 1994, Yates 1995, Paul D 1996, Flex 1999, Dex J 2004, Ronnie C 2004-06, and and number less known pros etc....i found Victor Richards the Most Massive up close and in person....his Arms, and Quads in particular were ridiculously MASSIVE, Lou ferrigno was a little strange...and alittle aloft as in hes talking to you but hes not.....strange bloke...but yes he was huge (not long after the 93 o) Yates in off-season 1995...lol...his Forearms and Calves were unbelievable i kid you not and big Ronnie in 2005 (just 2 wks after the o)...lol....his quads and biceps were Massive and still quiet ripped...Brian B waist (offseason) back in 1991 didn't look real on his frame (he said he was roughly 250lbs) Sonny s quads were huge with that crazy lower quad insertion to them made them look crazy and Lee Haneys back was ALOT BETTER in person than any picture ive ever seen of him, his Lower lat insertions were very low and his middle back thickness was awesome.  

mcluvin

• Getbig II
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2010, 08:17:16 PM »
flex wheeler- eh, who cares :)

LMAO  ;D