Author Topic: Do steroids work or not? Massive arms posts (sarcastic) vs. All Drugs posts  (Read 21725 times)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: Do steroids work or not? Massive arms posts (sarcastic) vs. All Drugs posts
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2007, 09:03:18 AM »
And he once scored 4 touchdowns in a single game.

and he was quite the 0.00% bodyfat percentage athlete himself at the time.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2007, 09:44:58 AM »
and he was quite the 0.00% bodyfat percentage athlete himself at the time.

well...Flex was only 0.0% not 0.00%  let's  be realistic, shall we?  ::)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: Do steroids work or not? Massive arms posts (sarcastic) vs. All Drugs post
« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »
you think this is 25 percent bodyfat?

dickhead- the post was about YOU.
b

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2007, 01:59:19 PM »
ok asshole you are the one complaining its so easy for guys on gear....well to bad you dont know shit. im not looking for cheers ,just for you to shut up and stop pissing and moaning about bla bla bla im natty. bla bla that guy looks better tham me cuz he is on drugs. well we look better cuz...better genetics.....better diet....better training....better willpower and self control. throw the drugs in to make it even ground in bbing competition...and you have the makings of a champion. not a pissy natty who cant come to terms with these things.
lucian
Didn't you say you never even eclipsed 160lbs naturally?  That would imply drugs are your physique, basically.  Right.
If you feel accomplishment from gaining a bunch of muscle by taking drugs, keep on with it.  Just know, any fool can do it, few can without..that's the difference.

On the "hard work" topic.  It would be utterly foolish for someone to say people on gear don't work hard.  That would classify all.  I'm sure some work hard, others not really.  I think the point some are trying to make is, you simply don't have to work very hard to make great gains with drugs.
N

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #204 on: December 21, 2007, 02:26:38 PM »
Didn't you say you never even eclipsed 160lbs naturally?  That would imply drugs are your physique, basically.  Right.
If you feel accomplishment from gaining a bunch of muscle by taking drugs, keep on with it.  Just know, any fool can do it, few can without..that's the difference.

On the "hard work" topic.  It would be utterly foolish for someone to say people on gear don't work hard.  That would classify all.  I'm sure some work hard, others not really.  I think the point some are trying to make is, you simply don't have to work very hard to make great gains with drugs.

Ok let me civilly disagree.  So you are saying "any fool can gain big weight on steroids" and "you dont have to work hard to make great gains".  Explain the tons of people squadfather calls out every day who admit to high drug use and dont really show great results.  That sure as hell tells me that drugs dont do all the work.  For every guy on here who admits to use...SF and his goons call out 9 outta 10 and are mostly justified and correct in their observations.  Go to NY bro... look around...probably 8 outta 10 guido's in the gym are on...now how many are considered big by OUR standards and how many have great physiques?  NOT MANY.  Proofs right there.... it dont do all the work, not even close. Read my analogy earlier in the thread...other things are much more important and vital to results.  Being a natural, u know what they are.  Gains come EASIER on juice, but they dont come indefinitely and in large amounts unless you bust your ass for them.  Plain and simple.  That would be like me saying ANY natural guy can go to the gym and make gains easily.... that is 100% true, but WHAT will the gains BE.  1lb in 3 months is still gains.  You want BIG gains, you gota bust your ass.  If you jump on...sure your guaranteed 3-5lbs per cycle, but for Lucian to gain the kind of weight he has in that time frame... he worked HARD for it.  I gained almost 100lbs in the short time iv been bodybuilding.  Show me how many guys can do that no matter what you give them?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2007, 02:58:19 PM »
".  Explain the tons of people squadfather calls out every day who admit to high drug use and dont really show great results. 

fake and or under dosed gear

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
  • Riverview Trailer Park St Louis MO
« Reply #206 on: December 21, 2007, 03:25:32 PM »
toopowerful4u is just a skinny muscled kid that's all juice and fast food and about as hardcore as a sack of potatoes.
get these professional muscles jokes out of here they post openly about their drug use and deal drugs on the boards....
let's look at
2punkforu's
drug cycle list
test
tren
insulin
igf-1
winstrol
oral turinabol
dbol
drol and a ton of other things he has used and continues to use.
The dumbass just did a show and was jucing after the show and is now on PCT..if he wasn't so stupid he'd know after a show you don't need GAS you blow up clean...what a drug infested idiot....

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #207 on: December 21, 2007, 04:06:02 PM »
toopowerful4u is just a skinny muscled kid that's all juice and fast food and about as hardcore as a sack of potatoes.
get these professional muscles jokes out of here they post openly about their drug use and deal drugs on the boards....
let's look at
2punkforu's
drug cycle list
test
tren
insulin
igf-1
winstrol
oral turinabol
dbol
drol and a ton of other things he has used and continues to use.
The dumbass just did a show and was jucing after the show and is now on PCT..if he wasn't so stupid he'd know after a show you don't need GAS you blow up clean...what a drug infested idiot....

lol u sure thats my list.  You named at least 2 things on there i havent touched.  Your a horrible stalker, dont quit your day job.   Lets see a picture of you bud

oh yea and...yo momma lol  ;D

lucian

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • www.m3muscle.com
« Reply #208 on: December 21, 2007, 05:36:44 PM »

[/quoteactualy i got to 153 from 130lb. @ 5'8" i was quite small. 145 is what i maintained to wrestle in school.  then i started training real hard. this was at 15yr old with a mega fast metabolism so 23lb before age 19 is more than most gain.my dad is 6'2"250, hell my grandmother was 6;3" 275lb. i have the genes in my family. they dont put on wt till mid to late 20's. so if i didnt have the genetics...the drugs wouldnt make it possible no matter what.
lucian
T

lucian

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • www.m3muscle.com
« Reply #209 on: December 21, 2007, 05:43:49 PM »

this is wrong......actually cause i know and here is why....after the lehigh i was 202. 4 weeks later the pic witht the cammo short i was over 250lb. do the math....clean tha would not have happened. ask dorian, ronnie,jay, any of them.they dont go off till months after. you can clearly see it!!!! victor i saw him 3 weeks after the o and he was soooo friggin huge, now he is a bit smaller.....the post contest rebound is a powerful tool when done right but can only be done bout 2 tumes then your physique gets distorted. 2p4u did it right thats why he carries the ammount of muscle he does now....as a heavywt. timing everything right.
lucian
T

lucian

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • www.m3muscle.com
« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2007, 05:53:58 PM »

fake and or under dosed gear
thats one reason but i know guys who have real gear and their diets suck. not enough calories....too many calories.....bad nutrient timing....just plain shit. sometimes the skip workouts, these are the treasons those guys dont grow....either way all they have to do is buckle down and do it right.
lucian
T

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2007, 08:21:45 PM »
thats one reason but i know guys who have real gear and their diets suck. not enough calories....too many calories.....bad nutrient timing....just plain shit. sometimes the skip workouts, these are the treasons those guys dont grow....either way all they have to do is buckle down and do it right.
lucian

agreed...but genetics for response to gear is a factor as well.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2007, 09:42:49 PM »
What would be interesting is interviewing the general public on their views on steroid abusers, then post it on getbig.  I'd bet more than 80% would agree with me.

You're absolutely right, most of the general public would agree with you...but that's not saying much.

When it comes to public perception, truth and hard facts are not what sways opinion. In most all cases, when a group of people make claims about something, as long as that group has a role in leadership, posses some level of intelligence, even if it is based on fallacy, or if this group uses scare tactics to sway opinion, then their words will be viewed as straight from the mouth God himself.

In short, people are so adamantly anti steroid or any performance enhancing drug, simply because they were told to be...and nine times out of ten, they were told to be by someone who has almost no knowledge on the subject whatsoever.

Politicians rant all day long against the evil of steroids; many doctors support these cries, but never provide scientific evidence to support it. Why? Because the truth would be devastating to a large part of the U.S. economy, but only short term...but as Americans, we tend to only think in the "now."

What still amazes me is people are so easily and sheepishly swayed by these people mentioned above. Hardly anyone looks or ask for real proof on the topic. And yes, real proof, real truth is out there...but it's never questioned.

Think about it, before the AAS ban in the U.S. both the American Medical Association and the FDA opposed the ban...should this not raise serious questions? How about what one of the most respected medical journals in the U.S. "The New England Journal of Medicine" reports year after year concerning steroid use? It is almost always shed in a positive light. What about the major psychological organizations in the U.S. who continually report that things like roid rage from AAS abuse are completely false and made up? Why isn't this brought to peoples attention? Why, for the reason stated above...but that does not make it right.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2007, 11:34:29 PM »
You're absolutely right, most of the general public would agree with you...but that's not saying much.

When it comes to public perception, truth and hard facts are not what sways opinion. In most all cases, when a group of people make claims about something, as long as that group has a role in leadership, posses some level of intelligence, even if it is based on fallacy, or if this group uses scare tactics to sway opinion, then their words will be viewed as straight from the mouth God himself.

In short, people are so adamantly anti steroid or any performance enhancing drug, simply because they were told to be...and nine times out of ten, they were told to be by someone who has almost no knowledge on the subject whatsoever.

Politicians rant all day long against the evil of steroids; many doctors support these cries, but never provide scientific evidence to support it. Why? Because the truth would be devastating to a large part of the U.S. economy, but only short term...but as Americans, we tend to only think in the "now."

What still amazes me is people are so easily and sheepishly swayed by these people mentioned above. Hardly anyone looks or ask for real proof on the topic. And yes, real proof, real truth is out there...but it's never questioned.

Think about it, before the AAS ban in the U.S. both the American Medical Association and the FDA opposed the ban...should this not raise serious questions? How about what one of the most respected medical journals in the U.S. "The New England Journal of Medicine" reports year after year concerning steroid use? It is almost always shed in a positive light. What about the major psychological organizations in the U.S. who continually report that things like roid rage from AAS abuse are completely false and made up? Why isn't this brought to peoples attention? Why, for the reason stated above...but that does not make it right.
haha, Well said.  I agree, but the 80% fact sounded pretty concrete:)  In fact, when the topic of steroids comes up, I usually defend how steroid in moderation really don't harm you...haha  I don't find anything morally wrong with taking gear, nor do I believe half the bullshit they try to associate with them.
This has never been my issue with them.  It's just so laughably easy to gain on them, it really takes away the challenge in bodybuilding.  Seeing the majority of people in gyms rely on them to gain anything decent is honestly pathetic though.  To me, these people usually lack heart and the long term dedication required to achieve something worth while in the gym...on their own.  Bodybuilding should be about challenging yourself, not creating the perfect drug blend.  Most people just don't have much heart, gear or no gear. 
N

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2007, 02:18:03 AM »
haha, Well said.  I agree, but the 80% fact sounded pretty concrete:)  In fact, when the topic of steroids comes up, I usually defend how steroid in moderation really don't harm you...haha  I don't find anything morally wrong with taking gear, nor do I believe half the bullshit they try to associate with them.
This has never been my issue with them.  It's just so laughably easy to gain on them, it really takes away the challenge in bodybuilding.  Seeing the majority of people in gyms rely on them to gain anything decent is honestly pathetic though.  To me, these people usually lack heart and the long term dedication required to achieve something worth while in the gym...on their own.  Bodybuilding should be about challenging yourself, not creating the perfect drug blend.  Most people just don't have much heart, gear or no gear. 

Croatch, what you're saying here is how the very powerful supplement companies have joined forces with the equally powerful ioc to create so many negative connotations re these drugs.

these agencies have used their political power and media relations to cause a drug that is relatively harmless and, for the majority, used by law abiding citizens, to be made a criminal offence.

there are many other abuses of power our politicians wield for the agendas of powerful corporations but, for the purpose of this thread, we are focusing on this one.

the only conceivable reason why anabolic androgenic steroids are illegal is because of the spectre of cheating, which you have alluded to. this is the politicians sales pitch (they're hardly going to say that they want to make it hard to acquire steroids so supplement companies can continue to defraud joe public, but this is the real reason).

however, even on that basis alone, so what if it's cheating? it is not the role of our elected democratic government to police cheating in sports and certainly it is an abuse of power to deprive citizens of their liberty for using a drug that is simply not proven ANYWHERE to cause damage to society. the platform of 'roid rage' is a myth perpetrated by an ignorant media but that hasn't stopped your corrupt government using this myth to create fear.

think about it, if 'roid rage' was a proven fact then why can't it be used as a defence in court? if said rage existed then that would imply that the accused was not capable of controlling his behavious due to drug use and thus he has a defence to the necessary element of 'intent' that must be proven by the prosecution in all trials.

imprisoning users of a drug much less dangerous to the individual and society than widely accepted drugs like alcohol and cigarettes is a disgusting abuse of office any way you look at it and whether it is a minority sub culture that use thse drugs or not, these individuals are tak paying electors that have a constitutional right to freedom of choice and liberty, not be imprisoned on the basis of their minority status. if the government suddenly enacted a bill to make alcohol illegal again, there is no way on this planet the public would tolerate it, yet it doesn't hesitate to victimize minorities for political power and money.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: December 22, 2007, 04:54:21 AM »
"do steroids work?"

yes.

hope this helps.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #216 on: December 22, 2007, 07:47:58 AM »
ok croatch,

i know i have busted on you alot in this thread, but you seem to want to be directing this topic into a more logical discussion, so i'll put aside my 'getbig' persona for a post and talk to you like i would someone who i'm interacting with in daily life.

i know that you have a bit of a hard-on for some guys who use. you and i both. don't think that i want to be associated with the idiot who throws his dumbells around and screams like an idiot to garner attention. it's those guys who make me embarrassed to do be in the same gym as them. i don't walk around in t-shirts that are 2 times too small for me. i don't go to bars and look for fights cause im gassed up and think i'm some kind of stud who has to prove himself.

but, my question to you is, in all sincerity- who cares? seriously- why do you care who uses or doesn't? i don't care if you choose to be an natural- that's entirely your decision. who cares if there are guys in your gym who have worse bodies than you who are juicing it? it should give you some measure of satisfaction that you are managing to stay clean yet have a physique that you feel is better earned. why all the hate? why can you not just accept that some people choose to use anabolics and some people don't and to each their own?

i'm not saying you're approaching the way you express your feelings on this matter incorrectly, cause who am i to tell you how to think or how to express it? you have your beliefs, i have mine, the next guy has his and so on. nothing is going to change. so why not, instead of berating the fact that some people choose to supplement, just accept that some do and just be happy your clean and feel as good about it as you do?

i think if you were to approach this subject with a little less aggression towards those who use, i think you'd gain some measure of respect from those of us who are serious about what we do instead of seeming like you're that natural guy who just seems disgruntled about being, well, that natural guy. we all put in the same time, the same effort, the same comittment, its just that some of us choose to see how far past the limits of our genetics we can go, whereas you prefer to see how far you can push your natural limits, and props to you for that.

(i'll now go back to that ignorant asshole known as 'no one')

b

lucian

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • www.m3muscle.com
« Reply #217 on: December 23, 2007, 08:53:51 AM »

agreed...but genetics for response to gear is a factor as well.
genetics do play a role. and unfortunatly theres nothing that can be done about that. some guys just dont need much gear. as for genetics....natural or other wise sometimes its not an even game. but all sports are like that.
lucian
T

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #218 on: December 23, 2007, 09:06:54 AM »
genetics do play a role. and unfortunatly theres nothing that can be done about that. some guys just dont need much gear. as for genetics....natural or other wise sometimes its not an even game. but all sports are like that.
lucian

yes, but the 'i could look like that if i took drugs' comment provides a convenient excuse to those who wish to keep deluding themselves.

i find it much easier in life to call a spade a spade. if a guy's got a good enough physique to win mr 0, he's a champion, end of story. i don't bother trying to decifer what he took or it took to get there and neither do i give a shit.