Author Topic: Tattoo removal for bodybuilders?  (Read 3164 times)

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
Tattoo removal for bodybuilders?
« on: December 19, 2007, 07:46:03 AM »
I've been training for about 8 months now, I'm sorta still a novice bodybuilder.

Anyway, I want to compete but I have some pretty hideous tribal tats that I selected off the wall in the tattoo shop.  Yes, I was just a stupid kid then.

But the mistake haunts me.  How much would it cost to get something like this removed? thank you!
Addicted to the Steal

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Tattoo removal for bodybuilders?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 07:47:16 AM »
I've been training for about 8 months now, I'm sorta still a novice bodybuilder.

Anyway, I want to compete but I have some pretty hideous tribal tats that I selected off the wall in the tattoo shop.  Yes, I was just a stupid kid then.

But the mistake haunts me.  How much would it cost to get something like this removed? thank you!

I guess a lot more than it would cost to ink it.
Isn't laser the only way to get rid of tattoos?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 07:47:59 AM »

Hmm. Small arm. Probably not much.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 07:49:32 AM »
Hmm. Small arm. Probably not much.

I said I was a novice, punk.

Cut me some slack.  Plus I come from destitute part of world and forced to marry latvian whore.  life is not east for me.  you shut up with criticize.
Addicted to the Steal

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 07:50:58 AM »
I said I was a novice, punk.

Cut me some slack.  Plus I come from destitute part of world and forced to marry latvian whore.  life is not east for me.  you shut up with criticize.

I'd say just paint over it.  Lowe's or home depot does a really good job at color matching and im sure they could come close to skin color with a nice latex or oil based paint!

duncanlukas

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 08:12:20 AM »
dude i say leave it...once ur dark and tan, it wont be as noticable, yes you'll be able to see it but it wont stick out that bad if ur physique is banging.  unless u want to be mr. o i say leave it and continue bbing.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 08:15:37 AM »
http://www.wreckingbalm.com/

I hear about this shit on the radio.  I have no idea if it works but the people on the ad says it does.  With that kind of ink though youll have to get some laser done for sure. 

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 08:20:20 AM »
You are an idiot... Simply beyond stupid.

Leave the tats so others can identify you for the stupid piece of trash you are.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 08:21:09 AM »

Leave the tats so others can identify you for the stupid piece of trash you are.

BAHAHHAH massive meltdown of today :D :D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 08:21:33 AM »
is that stark
Z

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 08:36:37 AM »

if you ever come to my country, i hit my latvian whore wife in mouth, then plug her anus with finger til she spit blood on you, vermin.
Addicted to the Steal

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 11:01:22 AM »
if you ever come to my country, i hit my latvian whore wife in mouth, then plug her anus with finger til she spit blood on you, vermin.

::)

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 11:12:51 AM »

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 11:30:08 AM »

Did your sister get vote #1 in country for sex in the mouth?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 11:34:45 AM »
tight tat

Jizzacked

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 01:28:05 PM »
creams don't work for shit... dermabrasion will leave your skin lookin like a burn victim...

that shit is solid black, and the only ink that will cover black... is black. 

black is the easiest color to get lasered off, while greens, yellows etc. are pretty much impossible to completely remove. 

the amount of time you have had the ink is a factor as well, if you are lucky you can have it lasered to a lighter tone since its pretty bold and looks old... and then cover it up with some more classy artwork.  odds are you aren't going to completely get rid of it.  that is a lot of area to cover as well, and lasering is going to be pretty pricey... much more than you ever paid for the ink.

hope this helps.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 01:53:07 PM »
creams don't work for shit... dermabrasion will leave your skin lookin like a burn victim...

black is the easiest color to get lasered off, while greens, yellows etc. are pretty much impossible to completely remove. 

the amount of time you have had the ink is a factor as well, if you are lucky you can have it lasered to a lighter tone since its pretty bold and looks old... and then cover it up with some more classy artwork.  odds are you aren't going to completely get rid of it.  that is a lot of area to cover as well, and lasering is going to be pretty pricey... much more than you ever paid for the ink.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, he could just paint his arm like I suggested earlier!

hope this helps.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 01:55:19 PM »

hope this helps.

i could not be more angry. i shall write about it on my homoerotic site, www.gymtales.com
Addicted to the Steal

Moosejay

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 09:49:34 PM »
i could not be more angry. i shall write about it on my homoerotic site, www.gymtales.com

A plastic surgeon colleague of mine says a bigger business than tattooing now is Tattoo REMOVAL.

Mike

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 10:57:56 PM »
a mate of mine got his removed, wasn't as big as your but still cost him a shitload, i think in the thounsands, and he said it hurts like a bitch, you can still tell were he used to have it i doubt it'll ever be perfect again
there's no magic pills... just needles

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 11:05:36 PM »
Fucking tribal tats?!
Won't people ever learn ::)

Anyway, from what i've heard about removal is that it is expensive, painful, takes a long time (like almost a year before it looks as good as it can be) and in your case it will never be that good. It will still be pretty obvious that you either had a tat or because it it so big and dark, will possibly still look like a very dull tattoo. Sorry mate.
No doubt about it...

The Jeenius

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 11:10:26 PM »
If thats really your arm you have no future in bodybuilding, novice or not.
Just leave it, and stick it up your latvian whores ass.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 11:54:24 PM »
Incidentally I just got a tattoo machine.

(No plans to tattoo anybody or myself, purely for the challenge of tattooing various stuff that is expendable).

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 12:07:13 AM »
cortisol your answer is you probably would not get it off. and it will cost a lot of money, probably 10 grand USD looking at the size of ur tat.

i cant see anyone lasering such a large area at one go, you might have to laser seperate parts. Maybe if it was a smaller area yes but your tattoo's lines are thick and thats a lot of ink.

its possible to erase a tatoo permernently if its not too inky using the qswitch laser, but yours is just too big and too much ink. i dont think its really feasable... if u really have the money and time then go ahead. use the qswitch laser, any other techniques will leave a fucking scar that looks uglier than your tat now, so it defeats the point of lasering it off

yes i understand, we were all young and stupid before  :-\

joshk

• Getbig I
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 01:28:41 AM »

hope this helps.

What he says above... given the size of your tat, the laser removal will be pretty extensive and thus very pricey.

If you are in US, there are some programs for ex-gang members for tat removal and rehab. You might want to look into this.