Author Topic: Nexium SUCKS!!!!  (Read 5051 times)

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
Nexium SUCKS!!!!
« on: December 20, 2007, 11:20:26 AM »
I didn't know where else to put this so I stuck it here. Has anyone here ever taken Nexium or had a family member who has taken it? I have taken Aciphex for heartburn for the past 3 years or so with wonderful results. My Dr. switched me to Nexium because he said it would be cheaper. I was only on this stuff for like 2 weeks, and it was horrible. It handled the heartburn well enough, but it gave me horrible side effects. While I was on it, I felt nautious all the time, bloated to no end, muscle and body aches like crazy and even blood in my poop everytime. So all this scared me, so he switched me back to the Aciphex. Now, I have been off Nexium for about 3-4 weeks and all the side effects have cleared ecept for the body aches. From my neck, to my shoulders and from my back across to my chest, I am in MAJOR pain on a daily basis. My workouts have sucked now for the past 6 weeks because I either don't feal like lifting or hurt to bad when I do. I have read other accounts where people had similar reactions as me for up to a month after stopping. This is getting ridiculous though. Has anyone else out there gone through anything similar?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: Nexium SUCKS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 11:31:51 AM »
I didn't know where else to put this so I stuck it here. Has anyone here ever taken Nexium or had a family member who has taken it? I have taken Aciphex for heartburn for the past 3 years or so with wonderful results. My Dr. switched me to Nexium because he said it would be cheaper. I was only on this stuff for like 2 weeks, and it was horrible. It handled the heartburn well enough, but it gave me horrible side effects. While I was on it, I felt nautious all the time, bloated to no end, muscle and body aches like crazy and even blood in my poop everytime. So all this scared me, so he switched me back to the Aciphex. Now, I have been off Nexium for about 3-4 weeks and all the side effects have cleared ecept for the body aches. From my neck, to my shoulders and from my back across to my chest, I am in MAJOR pain on a daily basis. My workouts have sucked now for the past 6 weeks because I either don't feal like lifting or hurt to bad when I do. I have read other accounts where people had similar reactions as me for up to a month after stopping. This is getting ridiculous though. Has anyone else out there gone through anything similar?

bro you better look into some case studies..that's some serious shit for something with a short halflife in the body like that to STILL be hurting you. Go get looked at thoroughly. Who knows what sort of contraindications you had with that medicine. I've never heard of anything like that from nexium.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 12:10:38 PM »
If you look online in google and just put in Nexium side effects, it will pull up a huge amount of different websites that people have put up that have the same symptoms as me. From what I can tell its something I just have to wait out and let it pass through me.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 01:03:56 PM »
If you look online in google and just put in Nexium side effects, it will pull up a huge amount of different websites that people have put up that have the same symptoms as me. From what I can tell its something I just have to wait out and let it pass through me.

I can almost see a recall/texas hammer case going on with this sometime in the near future. Alot of cases of this included internal BLEEDING?!  Shit sounds about as rough as chemo therapy from your description

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 01:24:13 PM »
I can almost see a recall/texas hammer case going on with this sometime in the near future. Alot of cases of this included internal BLEEDING?!  Shit sounds about as rough as chemo therapy from your description

Nah, the FDA has bigger issues, like all these Juiced up guys roaming the streets trying to get their fix ::) I remember like 10 years ago you never heard of half the meds that are pushed so hard on a daily basis on TV. In the commercials for all these new products though the tail end of the commercial where they go through the listed side effects lasts as long as the commercial itself. Some hands are being majorly greased to get all this crap onto the market so easily.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 04:41:40 PM »
What is your diet like?
:

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 05:09:02 PM »
Pretty standard bodybuilding diet:chicken, turkey, vegetables, eggs, oats,all the typical stuff you would expect to see in a bodybuilders cupbard. I drink coffee prior to every workout, which would be 4-6 times a week, and thats it for that. I know thats bad for heartburn, but I couldn't imagine working out without it. Right now, I am back on my aciphex so the heartburn isn't the issue anymore. Its just the lasting side effets from the Nexium. Today for example, I went to the gym and basiclly did one warmup set for chest and left. I felt sooooo tired and unmotivated,it wasn't even worth staying there because I knew a bad one was in store. The pains I am getting have no rhyme or reason, this week its my upper left back, neck and left shoulder. Last week it was my back through to my chest. Before that it was my whole neck and right shoulder. I am tired on a constant basis even though I get plenty of sleep and have an easy job that requires no physical output and pretty much no stress. I know I'm not overtrained because I took a full week off earlier this month and it did not help at all. I've been in the gym for 16 years and know the fealing of overtraining. I just want to know if anyone else has any issues with this product. I have felt like I have had the flu for 6 weeks now ???

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 06:27:40 PM »
Pretty standard bodybuilding diet:chicken, turkey, vegetables, eggs, oats,all the typical stuff you would expect to see in a bodybuilders cupbard. I drink coffee prior to every workout, which would be 4-6 times a week, and thats it for that. I know thats bad for heartburn, but I couldn't imagine working out without it. Right now, I am back on my aciphex so the heartburn isn't the issue anymore. Its just the lasting side effets from the Nexium. Today for example, I went to the gym and basiclly did one warmup set for chest and left. I felt sooooo tired and unmotivated,it wasn't even worth staying there because I knew a bad one was in store. The pains I am getting have no rhyme or reason, this week its my upper left back, neck and left shoulder. Last week it was my back through to my chest. Before that it was my whole neck and right shoulder. I am tired on a constant basis even though I get plenty of sleep and have an easy job that requires no physical output and pretty much no stress. I know I'm not overtrained because I took a full week off earlier this month and it did not help at all. I've been in the gym for 16 years and know the fealing of overtraining. I just want to know if anyone else has any issues with this product. I have felt like I have had the flu for 6 weeks now ???

Well, it doesn't look like diet is cause of the heartburn  :-\  Is it really that bad that you need medication  ???  Yikes

I think I'd keep a little diary of sorts regarding the Nexium in case there's a class action or something in the future...
:

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 07:56:07 PM »
An update on this. Since I felt so depleted I started triple dosing on basic vitamin/minerals. Within 3-4 days I felt totally back to normal. I spoke with my aunt who also takes nexium and she has the exact pains that I had. F%cking ridiculous that the FDA lets this crap make it to the market, palms are so greasy in DC, I wouldn't shake anyones hand.

ConanCarl

• Getbig II
  • CD
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 11:44:55 AM »
im currently on protomix for gerd/heartburn-took nexium for a while ws ok-prevacid ok too