Author Topic: Why are most personal trainers idiots?  (Read 7152 times)

bronxbomber

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Why are most personal trainers idiots?
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2007, 11:25:02 AM »
  lol,but croatch  you watch  and follow the sport , unles you wouldn't be on this board!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2007, 12:57:57 PM »
Isn't this guy a personal trainer
No Worries 4 me

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2007, 02:33:47 PM »
Isn't this guy a personal trainer

lol..

Sadly, most people would consider Goodrum to be in good shape.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2007, 05:24:11 PM »
I trained a few women about Fattloss and the first thing is that i gave them a Calorie counter book naming all the calories in foods and told them to never go over 1500 calories a day and had them on the cardio machines and some light weight for toning, it was the easiest money i made plus some of them had substantial improvements over 3 to 6 months.
But unfortunately i no longer had the time to train them due to work commitments.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2007, 07:29:02 PM »
So, the people at the top of the PT food chain make 70-100K. Great! What does the MEDIAN pt make, and how do his benefits compare with other lines of work?

Let's be clear. I'm not saying one can't make a living as a pt. I'm saying that compared to other "professions" it doesn't stack up well.

You can do very well if you know your shit and you give a shit. People see through you very quickly if you're all talk and all dressed up with a spray on tan. You may attract a few novices, but you're unlikely to keep anybody around long term.  What I've been saying is that a real trainer is always learning, always reading, and always brainstorming new methods, techniques, and theories. This is a profession where a lot of fools can attempt to earn a lot of money and be successful, but in reality it takes a lot more than scratching the surface like most of them seem to do. Saying we all suck is like saying all black guys will steal your car. Stop with the sweeping statements and attack the people who deserve it. Not those that don't