Author Topic: Evan Centopani Will Be Mr. Olympia within 5 years....  (Read 9696 times)

m8

• Getbig V
Re: Evan Centopani Will Be Mr. Olympia within 5 years....
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2007, 05:23:43 AM »

"He is well rounded and articulate. He maintains a full time postion with a titlke search comany, and holds a college degree. He is persobale, and, at Gold's Gym in New Haven, CT., where he trains, he does not ostracize hard trainers or casual onlookers if they have questions or comments.

What did he say?

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2007, 05:36:11 AM »
I think that he will be at the top 5 but not Mr. O.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2007, 05:37:03 AM »
because these kids started right away with high slin, gh, igf and cjc doses soon he will stop to respond just like it happened to many others who shot up from freeman to cook to tons others who had a good 12-18 months run then bamn,

i see him gone from this business within 24 months

Moosejay

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2007, 07:09:20 AM »
because these kids started right away with high slin, gh, igf and cjc doses soon he will stop to respond just like it happened to many others who shot up from freeman to cook to tons others who had a good 12-18 months run then bamn,

Perhaps.

His trainers state that he is one of those who respond to low levels of gear. Thus, burnout may not be a quandary he immediately faces.

Mike

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2007, 07:09:32 AM »

So who do you think the good young bodybuilders are?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2007, 07:16:08 AM »

I am Mike, from Connecticut. NPC judge, competitor (25 years) and promotor.
That's troubling, seeing as you blatantly admit you would let a competitors personal life dictate his placing, instead of his physique. Do you judge like this when you are a judge? Guys with criminal records you mark down?

I mean I understand your rationale but the judges shouldn't take that into consideration. If the competitor is allowed on stage and is a free man only physique should be judged IMO.

If everyone (the higher-ups you talk about) agrees that Vic is a poor representative for the sport then don't let him compete at all. Period.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2007, 07:19:17 AM »
hey buddy each to there own, keep doing it if it makes you happy

Why do you fill getbig with empty posts?

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2007, 07:24:43 AM »
Oh bro...
Still some serious job to do... of course we are talking about future potential but within 5 years? Possibly with some serious gains - but is this guy capable to do that? Or is it even something he is after? Richard Jones was also hyped to be MrO...where is dude now  ;D pretty far away from MrO...!

Moosejay

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2007, 07:41:27 AM »
That's troubling, seeing as you blatantly admit you would let a competitors personal life dictate his placing, instead of his physique. Do you judge like this when you are a judge? Guys with criminal records you mark down?

Your logic is sound.

However, let me tell you how things really work.

One NPC judging came down to two entrants who were literally neck-and neck. Either could have won top place. Either one.

One entrant's brother was SCREAMING in my ear for his brother to win.

Carrying on, screaming, and bugging and interrupting my consideration process.

Since he would not move, after I asked him to, very cordially, well...when it came time to award first...it went to then other guy.

NOT to the guy with the asshole brother.

Character issues .

NOW:

I have seen other judges...with 15 entrants in a class...judge the top 5...and then place the remaining 10 in any old order.

That's dsigraceful.

EVERYBODY, from first to worst, needs to know where they placed and why.

Many of these judges come from seedy, unsavory bacgrounds. They do not give a fuck, and i swear they are just there to get laid.

I detest sitting next to some of them.

Truth:

Going back tpo the top Olympia contender with the poor personal character dossier:

If it comes down to phenomenal, "it could go either way" type of situation between twpo finalists, YES...I am going for the guy whois less of an asshole and felon/criminal.

This is how the BB HOF fame works...character issues are taken in to play.

If ylou are a bb player and have b een a tool with the media, your chances of enshrinement are lessened.

Is this right?

Well, bb isn a subjective art, so, we as judges can take more liberties as opposed to a sport in which we are looking for the bloke who scores the most points.

I mean I understand your rationale but the judges shouldn't take that into consideration. If the competitor is allowed on stage and is a free man only physique should be judged IMO.

If everyone (the higher-ups you talk about) agrees that Vic is a poor representative for the sport then don't let him compete at all. Period.

I respect your opinion. Maybe Vic is  free man. Now. But he does, supposedly, have other transgressions on the horizon that will prove devastating to bb with a top Olympis win.

Mike

Moosejay

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2007, 07:42:37 AM »
Oh bro...
Still some serious job to do... of course we are talking about future potential but within 5 years? Possibly with some serious gains - but is this guy capable to do that? Or is it even something he is after? Richard Jones was also hyped to be MrO...where is dude now  ;D pretty far away from MrO...!

Agreed. Time will tell.

Mike

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2007, 07:48:05 AM »
I respect your opinion. Maybe Vic is  free man. Now. But he does, supposedly, have other transgressions on the horizon that will prove devastating to bb with a top Olympis win.

Mike
Are you talking about the rumors of him working for the feds? Or is he again caught in some drug dealing?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2007, 07:48:22 AM »
Does Mr. Katz know you are taking (what appears to be) a personal conversation and broadcasting it worldwide? 

/if he doesn't, you deserve a good ass kicking. if he does, he should use his own byline   

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2007, 07:56:49 AM »
Perhaps.

His trainers state that he is one of those who respond to low levels of gear. Thus, burnout may not be a quandary he immediately faces.

Mike
every trainer says that, ever heard chad or milos or the others say their clients problem is they need more gear then the avg bodybuilder?

all say same shit

client has amazing genetics
10 minute workouts is enough for their client
client will do serious damage at a upcoming show
whatever lacking bodypart last year they made serious progress this year
etc

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2007, 08:01:52 AM »

So who do you think the good young bodybuilders are?

NOT trey, not evan they are cooksters aka chris cook they blow up quick and bamn gone

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2007, 08:03:23 AM »
NOT trey, not evan they are cooksters aka chris cook they blow up quick and bamn gone

I agree 100% with NOT Trey, but have to disagree with Evan.  I think brandon curry and brandon rey will both make good pros.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2007, 09:06:40 AM »

Olympia Judge and former IFBB pro Mike Katz opines that 2007 Overall National BB Champion Evan Centopani will soon be in line to garner strong consideration for top Mr. Olympia Honors.

"He is well rounded and articulate. He maintains a full time postion with a titlke search comany, and holds a college degree. He is persobale, and, at Gold's Gym in New Haven, CT., where he trains, he does not ostracize hard trainers or casual onlookers if they have questions or comments.

He takes his sucess along with setbacks with equanimity. He has all the physical goods to go all the way.

And, he does not carry any felonious baggage like some other candidates.

End Mike's Quote.

I paraphrased this quote from a recent discussion I had with Mike.

I agree. For bodybuilding to gain perhaps a bit more solid footing amidst an increasingly turbulent sea of steroid tumult amongst authorities, more palatable mcompetitors such as Evan will do well in putting forth a superior image.

Mike is/ was disgusted with some of the recent pushes to award high placings to bb's with very unsavory pasts (and presents).

Yes, yes. I know some will defend whom you know I am referring to.

Guys like Arnold DO NOT want nationally chroicalled felons and general scaliwags to wun his ASC crown.

I am telling you.

Guys like Evan are the future.

The scaliwags will not be.

Mike

Hi Evan.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2007, 09:14:55 AM »
He looks good, but at the same time a jumble of good body parts. His waist is already wide..what will it look like in 5 years? That is not counting other phenoms that might come up. Plus he has to go thru Heath, Wolf, Dex, Vic, JOJ, and that new dude who says he stronger than JOJ or Ronnie (this dude has a back that makes Evan's look flat)...hype is a new bodybuilders worst enemy, good to see you are trying to ensure his downfall.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2007, 09:15:14 AM »
Why do you fill getbig with empty posts?

So says the dweeb with 10,000+ posts of shite consisting of racial slurs and sociopathic attacks  ::) The rest of the posts concern the efficacy of the bow (or lack thereof) and hooking up with trannys hahahahahahahah

Team Yates

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2007, 10:21:17 AM »
I get so sick and tired of the moralists who want athletes to be perfect.If a guy has a criminal past,let the legal system deal with him.If he does his time,then why cant he return to normal activities?I don't care if an athlete[and Im counting bodybuilders as athletes]is the worst person on earth.Just go out and entertain me.If you commit a crime then the system can deal with you.Its funny,we expect athletes to be free of any "sin" but the politicians,who actually make the laws,are as dirty as any criminal we have in this country and make the athletes look like Sunday school picknickers.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2007, 10:25:37 AM »
Olympia Judge and former IFBB pro Mike Katz opines that 2007 Overall National BB Champion Evan Centopani will soon be in line to garner strong consideration for top Mr. Olympia Honors.

Let's see him do his first pro competition first  ::)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2007, 11:03:36 AM »
Huge guns. I am thinking his arms have reached their full genetic potential already. Sure, he might be able to etch some detail and work on the finer points, but damn, his arms are already HUGE for his age.

As for the Olympia crown, who the heck knows. Anything is possible. I guess as long as he stays focused it is possible.

And it is also cool he doesn't look 35+ like Trey Brewer at such a young age!
X

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2007, 11:22:57 AM »
I agree 100% with NOT Trey, but have to disagree with Evan.  I think brandon curry and brandon rey will both make good pros.
curry yes evan def not

Moosejay

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2007, 12:22:49 PM »
Are you talking about the rumors of him working for the feds? Or is he again caught in some drug dealing?

I am currently unsure of either.

Mike

Moosejay

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2007, 12:27:41 PM »
Does Mr. Katz know you are taking (what appears to be) a personal conversation and broadcasting it worldwide? 

/if he doesn't, you deserve a good ass kicking. if he does, he should use his own byline   

"Mr. Katz" had this conversation in front of about 15 people in a public restaurant, nothing egregious or illegal was said.

As far as mydeserving an "Ass kicking"...well...excuse my hubris...and I have held back on  such statemnets un til now as  I see that many who frequent these boards are, at best, sophomoric in their thinking...welll...never threaten to kick teb ass of a man who owns hisn own plane.

Not that you could noyt kick my ass...I sayu big deal to that.

The ramifications for you would be dire, however.

Mike

Moosejay

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2007, 12:30:20 PM »
every trainer says that, ever heard chad or milos or the others say their clients problem is they need more gear then the avg bodybuilder?

all say same shit

client has amazing genetics
10 minute workouts is enough for their client
client will do serious damage at a upcoming show
whatever lacking bodypart last year they made serious progress this year
etc
i don't know who chad or milos is.

Mike