Author Topic: Patriot Hypothetical  (Read 876 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Patriot Hypothetical
« on: December 24, 2007, 06:49:21 AM »

Let's set the scenario(s):

At 15-0, the Patriots have locked up home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs. 

They have a chance at history - no team has ever completed the regular season 16-0.  With the first-round bye, there's no need to 'rest' anyone at this point...too many weeks off would be bad for the players anyway.

So, let's say that the Patriots have a 10-point lead going into the 4th quarter next weekend against the Giants. 

You're the coach - do you:

A) Pull your starters and hope your reserves can preserve the victory?

B) Leave in your starters until only 4 or so minutes remain and you're certain you've got the game in hand? 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Patriot Hypothetical
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 07:27:34 AM »
I say go all out in order to make history. Let the chips fall where they may. The Patriots will be scrutinized on some level no matter what decision they decide on.

Belichik will keep his starters in the game if the score is close heading in to the fourth quarter.

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 03:33:30 PM »
I would keep my starters in for the entire game so the MIGHTY PATS can become the second team in NFL history to go undefeated with a bye in the first week in the playoffs.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 07:50:52 PM »
  I think they should play the starters only enough to win. Maybe build a good lead then pull em early...if they start to catch up, put em back in. They are an awesome team and they deserve a chance at history.It isn't like they have never won a Superbowl before...they been there done that. I say they should go for it.