Author Topic: Police Begin Fingerprinting on Traffic Stops  (Read 4782 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Police Begin Fingerprinting on Traffic Stops
« on: December 26, 2007, 11:46:42 PM »
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

If you're ticketed by Green Bay police, you'll get more than a fine. You'll get fingerprinted, too. It's a new way police are cracking down on crime.

If you're caught speeding or playing your music too loud, or other crimes for which you might receive a citation, Green Bay police officers will ask for your drivers license and your finger. You'll be fingerprinted right there on the spot. The fingerprint appears right next to the amount of the fine.

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?s=2776926

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Police Begin Fingerprinting on Traffic Stops
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 12:08:51 AM »
what if you don't have fingers?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 11:13:10 AM »
what if you don't have fingers?
lol that would seriously piss me off, if im speeding and get caught fine i deserve a ticket but come on the reason im speeding is im late and that shits just gonna make me later

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 02:26:40 PM »

what would the point of that be? are they going to run your prints right there?
why not skip the prints and just take DNA sample form you mouth for petes sake. i hate cops..ive never been helped by one just ticketed for bs.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 02:28:05 PM »

what would the point of that be? are they going to run your prints right there?
why not skip the prints and just take DNA sample form you mouth for petes sake. i hate cops..ive never been helped by one just ticketed for bs.
I'm sure that's next

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 02:30:03 PM »
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

If you're ticketed by Green Bay police, you'll get more than a fine. You'll get fingerprinted, too. It's a new way police are cracking down on crime.

If you're caught speeding or playing your music too loud, or other crimes for which you might receive a citation, Green Bay police officers will ask for your drivers license and your finger. You'll be fingerprinted right there on the spot. The fingerprint appears right next to the amount of the fine.

i would never waste my time fingerprinting someone on a traffic stop.

bench

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 02:30:50 PM »
Well that's dumb.  Pretty darn intrusive.  Amazing to me how some of this stuff gets implemented.  You just expect someone in the room to say "wait a minute . . . ."  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 02:33:24 PM »
Well that's dumb.  Pretty darn intrusive.  Amazing to me how some of this stuff gets implemented.  You just expect someone in the room to say "wait a minute . . . ."  
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

:D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 02:40:53 PM »
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

:D

lol.  Gotta draw the line somewhere.  :D

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 02:43:27 PM »
I don't think this will hold up. 

Ozark

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 03:00:33 PM »
So when the Police stop a car for speeding, they cant ask people (Illegals)  if they are here illegally...........

But when they stop a car for speeding, they can fingerprint us ?

that is messed up   :o   

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 05:05:41 PM »
I don't like the idea...but it doesn't really effect me....they already have my prints. :-\

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 10:03:23 PM »
That's one of the flimsiest excuses I've ever seen in a long time.

To ensure the person's identity because of identity theft?  ???  ???

Hello, doesn't the license, and insurance kind of rule out that possibility?

Then too, what about traffic court, does the cop not show up for traffic court?

Do they not have a photo on the driver's license? Or are they saying that people can steal both your identity AND your vehicle, without it being reported somewhere along the timeline?

Or is that they're afraid that in order to get out of a $20 ticket, people will en masse start reporting their vehicles and their id stolen the day after they've been pulled over in a traffic stop? What is the rationale here?
w

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 02:24:44 AM »

What's the penalty for refusing to be fingerprinted?

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 03:25:22 AM »

Anal violation with a plunger.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 03:35:41 AM »

I am guessing you would go to jail right then for not complying with the officer. I only say that because awhile back someone posted the video of a dude being tased  for resisting arrest after he refused to sign a speeding ticket. Bench and KH300 are police officers and at least one of em said that when you are stopped for speeding or what have you you, are basically under arrest at that point, and the citation is just an agreement to either pay the fine or appear in court. By not cooperating they have the right to go ahead and take you in for whatever offense you were stopped for,thus making you bond out rather than being given a citation.If I am mistaken someone correct me but that was my understanding.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 03:57:05 AM »
  I am guessing you would go to jail right then for not complying with the officer. I only say that because awhile back someone posted the video of a dude being tased  for resisting arrest after he refused to sign a speeding ticket. Bench and KH300 are police officers and at least one of em said that when you are stopped for speeding or what have you you, are basically under arrest at that point, and the citation is just an agreement to either pay the fine or appear in court. By not cooperating they have the right to go ahead and take you in for whatever offense you were stopped for,thus making you bond out rather than being given a citation.If I am mistaken someone correct me but that was my understanding.

Yep that's what they said, ...AND that the officer had the right to tase you too.  :P
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 04:26:06 AM »

Horrible.

This is getting us closer to a 1984.

As empty as paradise

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 05:36:49 AM »

Which is something both the Clintonians and the Bushies want. 

Americans better wake up.   

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 09:42:22 AM »
you are correct,the citation is not a plea of guilt just a agreement that you received a citation.but if you refuse to sign the citation,you are under arrest (class c misdemeanor in Texas).

also in Texas i can arrest you for anything except speeding and open container.so if you stickers are expired,if you don't have insurance,if you run a redlight i can take you to jail.

and i dont carry a taser,taser's are for pussy's.

bench

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 10:16:16 AM »
you are correct,the citation is not a plea of guilt just a agreement that you received a citation.but if you refuse to sign the citation,you are under arrest (class c misdemeanor in Texas).

also in Texas i can arrest you for anything except speeding and open container.so if you stickers are expired,if you don't have insurance,if you run a redlight i can take you to jail.

and i dont carry a taser,taser's are for pussy's.

bench

I guess you prefer to give them a good old fashion ass kicking.  :D

&feature=related

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 10:59:27 AM »
Horrible.

Don't tell Ozmo :D

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007, 12:56:24 PM »
Don't tell Ozmo :D

Blah ha ha ha,   ::);D

I don't think this thing will hold up,  i bet you it will be ended soon.

And IF it continues I would worry because other law enforcement agencies will adopt it.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 01:03:59 PM »
Blah ha ha ha,   ::);D

I don't think this thing will hold up,  i bet you it will be ended soon.

And IF it continues I would worry because other law enforcement agencies will adopt it.
mine wont for two reasons

1)we wouldn't waste our time on stupid shit.

2)i don't even turn my camera on,or get the SS# on a ticket.nor does anybody else i work with.so what would lead my chief to believe i would fingerprint on a traffic stop.

bench

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 01:07:52 PM »
mine wont for two reasons

1)we wouldn't waste our time on stupid shit.

2)i don't even turn my camera on,or get the SS# on a ticket.nor does anybody else i work with.so what would lead my chief to believe i would fingerprint on a traffic stop.

bench

I hear ya, it seems weird to me that Green Bay of all places would do this.   Do they really have that much of a prob?  I think Chicago or NYC would be the ones to do something like this.

Well, anyways that's good news that your department wouldn't do that.   Hopefully some elected official doesn't make you do it.