Author Topic: MisterMagoo's 225 deadlift for reps: 2ND EDITION  (Read 9278 times)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Re: MisterMagoo's 225 deadlift for reps: 2ND EDITION
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2007, 06:42:15 PM »
Here's the deal...Zack was great but I don't think it was what most of us consider 50 reps.

We're not looking for 3 sets of 20 reps.

I think we can all agree that resting the bar on the floor (other than to adjust your grip) much like racking a squat or a bench ends the rep count.

The time limit of 3 minutes was to allow for (in a record breaking effort) 35 reps/minute at a controlled pace -- not for 15-60 second rest stops. As impressive as it may be, the winner shouldn't be able to bang out 30 reps in 60 seconds, rest for a minute and then do 30 more.

Zach already has a valid entry of 30 reps. Because no one else has entered, he's still our fearless leader.

Henceforth, RESTING SHALL ONLY BE PERMITTED AT THE TOP. Since no one else has entered no one else can bitch about the rules.

For all of you making claims about how many you (including you 240) or your 15-year old brother can do or speculating about your potential, STFU and videotape it! EVERYONE has a videocamera. They're built into your phone. They sell disposable ones at Walgreens and CVS. Use the old one from your sister's first gangbang in the basement. JUST DO IT!

BigNationRadio.com

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2007, 06:45:07 PM »
Here's the deal...Zack was great but I don't think it was what most of us consider 50 reps.

We're not looking for 3 sets of 20 reps.

I think we can all agree that resting the bar on the floor (other than to adjust your grip) much like racking a squat or a bench ends the rep count.

The time limit of 3 minutes was to allow for (in a record breaking effort) 35 reps/minute at a controlled pace -- not for 15-60 second rest stops. As impressive as it may be, the winner shouldn't be able to bang out 30 reps in 60 seconds, rest for a minute and then do 30 more.

Zach already has a valid entry of 30 reps. Because no one else has entered, he's still our fearless leader.

Henceforth, RESTING SHALL ONLY BE PERMITTED AT THE TOP. Since no one else has entered no one else can bitch about the rules.

For all of you making claims about how many you (including you 240) or your 15-year old brother can do or speculating about your potential, STFU and videotape it! EVERYONE has a videocamera. They're built into your phone. They sell disposable ones at Walgreens and CVS. Use the old one from your sister's first gangbang in the basement. JUST DO IT!

Thanks for the clarification ED. And Good point!

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2007, 07:06:55 PM »
Oh Ed, I am going to do it and do some serious reps and then die.
w

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2007, 07:08:52 PM »

I believe we have a winner !

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2007, 07:12:03 PM »
that bar gets heavy... but Ed is correct... for the 1st time in getbig history, we shall stick with the rule as written!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2007, 07:19:48 PM »
that bar gets heavy... but Ed is correct... for the 1st time in getbig history, we shall stick with the rule as written!

can you even lift 225?  ::)
Here comes the money shot

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2007, 07:51:32 PM »
I hope you're not going to enter the competition  :-\
follow the arrows

affy

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2007, 08:00:37 PM »
ohh no you di'ent

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2007, 08:37:42 PM »
Hey MrMagoogo these are my observations if you dont mind?

I counted 20 reps (whats the deal with you claiming you did 50/60?)
You proceed to do multimple sets, good workout
Why are you doing a too intense workout when you almost had a heart attack couple days ago? (tired of living perhaps?)
Adonis made a prank, if you guys dont like him, why honor his jokes? (perhaps you do like him)
Whats with the 5 pound plate a side for barbell rows in the background?

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2007, 08:44:34 PM »

Big ass delts  ::)  even with the camera zoom in you still look a buck 50

Why not show the face bro? I bet you have a mug not even a mother could love.

It actually looks like you got a retarded smile going there, can you confirm

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2007, 09:50:08 PM »

Well then Ed, in the spirit of promoting this competition I think someone should help me edit my entry so it is within the file size limitation for youtube:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/225deadlift3mins.AVI

My videographer missed the first rep, but I believe I got 21 or 23 reps there.  I can't remember since I haven't watched the clip for a while.  I got 30 in total but only through violation of the rules.

I feel that by the time the competition date arrives, I will be able to achieve at least 30 reps in accordance to the rules.  Possibly more but I find the biggest problem with holding the weight at the top position is a slight pulling sensation I feel in my biceps.  My grip is pretty good.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2007, 09:53:55 PM »
I need a video camera, g-string and a timer.

Where are the rules? Do I have to show my ugly mug? Or can I do my deadlifts with a plastic bag on my head?

Someone point me in the direction of these rules and a deadline. >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2007, 11:37:38 PM »
fucking hell.  >:(

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2007, 11:41:32 PM »
I urge everyone to enter Ed's contest.  I want to see how strong getbiggers really are.  I don't imagine very many would beat Zach_G85, but I would say a few would.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2007, 11:55:28 PM »

Good job Magoo. That looked like a heart attack waiting to happen.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2007, 11:59:39 PM »
   Good job Magoo. That looked like a heart attack waiting to happen.

thanks man. and yeah, especially now that i may have to give it yet a third attempt.

and for the record, though i'm not arguing the decision not to count my 2nd try, there is a BIG difference between stopping a set and standing up and undoing the belt, and staying latched onto the bar bent over with your belt keeping you from getting a full breath of air while your legs remain tensed.

just sayin'. don't count it for the contest, but everyone who's trying to say i basically just did four sets can friggin' cram it. >:(

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2007, 03:04:58 AM »
100 kilos??? that was f*cking impressive, congrats man
!

spinnis

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2007, 04:16:26 AM »
Can I get a price if I do 5 reps naked in my gym?  ;D

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2007, 04:19:12 AM »
Zack,

That was impressive, but I'm not sure you followed the rules. RESTING IS ALLOWED IN THE TOP POSITION, not with the bar sitting on the floor. That's akin to racking the bar in a bench press contest. But 240 is the official arbiter, so I'll concede to his final decision.
From the Original Thread after MATTC sought clarification of the Rules:

1. Straight Bar.
2. Tap and Go is acceptable. Bar must not leave your hands. Resting in top position is legal. Continuous video only.
3. Youtube.com submissions only. If you can't figure out how to compress a 300mb video to fit Youtube's guidelines (100mb or less), perhaps 240 can help you with your technical proficiency.
4. By popular demand, the deadline is extended another month through January 11, 2008February 28, 2008! Additional prizes being added to the mix, including one-on-one telephone consultations with the Pros.
5. Good luck and get those videos up!

PS. Alex, get it done!

::)

Why would resting the bar on the floor be easier?

BTW, great effort Magoo. IMO, don't even bother.
As empty as paradise

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2007, 05:13:58 AM »
Stamina is good but muscles are very small

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2007, 06:16:07 AM »
Zack,

That was impressive, but I'm not sure you followed the rules. RESTING IS ALLOWED IN THE TOP POSITION, not with the bar sitting on the floor. That's akin to racking the bar in a bench press contest. But 240 is the official arbiter, so I'll concede to his final decision.

From the Original Thread after MATTC sought clarification of the Rules:

1. Straight Bar.
2. Tap and Go is acceptable. Bar must not leave your hands. Resting in top position is legal. Continuous video only.
3. Youtube.com submissions only. If you can't figure out how to compress a 300mb video to fit Youtube's guidelines (100mb or less), perhaps 240 can help you with your technical proficiency.
4. By popular demand, the deadline is extended another month through January 11, 2008February 28, 2008! Additional prizes being added to the mix, including one-on-one telephone consultations with the Pros.
5. Good luck and get those videos up!

PS. Alex, get it done!

I want clarification on the resting rule as well. I feel like I could get 80-100reps if we're allowed to rest for a few moments with the bar still in my hands on the ground.

*EDIT*

nevermind..i was thinking 5 minute time limit.. hell i had a damn game plan! That was SICK lifting magoo..

hey didn't big steve mac get credit for 7 deads with 700 in one set even in the video he stopped at the bottom of the 6th and rested for a good 20 seconds before the next pull? Those that say yes then can't deny that magoo got 50 reps. Dear sweet jesus!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2007, 06:19:05 AM »
::)

Why would resting the bar on the floor be easier?

BTW, great effort Magoo. IMO, don't even bother.
I agree. Makes it harder if anything. The hard part is to get the bar moving. Which is why 'touch and go' deads are easier than pulling from dead stop.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2007, 06:19:31 AM »
why the hate, steeley?

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2007, 06:53:46 AM »
As long as you dont take a knee, resting on the floor is harder IMO. If I stay down too long my back and hams get very stiff and sore. Look at powerlifters who grab the bar and immediately GO, there is a reason why.

Nice lifts Magoo! Only suggestion would be to tap the floor on every rep, but I would still count the 50. 8)

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2007, 06:54:49 AM »
What are the rules and prizes again?  anything worth my time?  I dont like to deadlift and dont care to put this effort forth unless its worth it.  RON- if i win can i get squadfathers screen name in my control?  ;D