Author Topic: Hidetada Yamagishi: Will the bodybuilding world abandon him???  (Read 7503 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Hidetada Yamagishi: Will the bodybuilding world abandon him???
« on: December 28, 2007, 09:23:06 AM »
I remember the minute after Titus got popped, you had bodybuilding representatives going on television attempting to distance themselves (and the sport) from Craig and Kelly.

Will we see the same thing with Hide?

Granted, Craig and Kelly were done with competing, were talkikng of starting a rival federation, and were otherwised disposed with cooking things in their kitchen... but Hide was a top pro in 2007 with a bright future in 2008.  He was an active pro and one of the best. 

Will those same voices that cursed Craig, either curse or ignore Hideo?  Or will they step up and defend him publicly?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Will the bodybuilding world abandon Hide as they did with Titus?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 09:25:08 AM »
I remember the minute after Titus got popped, you had bodybuilding representatives going on television attempting to distance themselves (and the sport) from Craig and Kelly.

Granted, Craig and Kelly were done with competing, were talkikng of starting a rival federation, and were otherwised disposed with cooking things in their kitchen... but Hide was a top pro in 2007 with a bright future in 2008.  He was an active pro and one of the best. 

Will those same voices that cursed Craig, either curse or ignore Hideo?  Or will they step up and defend him publicly?

I doubt they will do either one.  First he didn't kill anybody and second why bring even more negative publicity by acknowledging it?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 09:25:51 AM »

Come on Rob, you're smart enough to know these two aren't even remotely similar.
Elevate Your Image.™

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 09:27:30 AM »
Craig made some mistakes, big deal, he should be on stage again to pose for his fans.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 09:29:05 AM »
Come on Rob, you're smart enough to know these two aren't even remotely similar.

Obviously they're not the same, Isaac.  But they're both felonies, and both men looking at prison time.  Granted Hide won't get the airplay, but a nice public statement by the LOUD voices during the Titus mess would be nice.  I'm guessing they'll be very quiet on this one.  

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 09:31:34 AM »
Rob are you asking whether other drug dealers/addicts will come to his aid?  Why would they want the bright light of the law pointed their way?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 09:33:12 AM »
Rob are you asking whether other drug dealers/addicts will come to his aid?  Why would they want the bright light of the law pointed their way?

I'm sure there are a few retired bodybuilders who could do nothing more than post a nice message to Hide without drawing any drama to themselves for past deeds.  I hope they do.  WHen an NFL player gets busted for steroids, he isn't alienated by his peers.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 09:35:19 AM »
Obviously they're not the same, Isaac.  But they're both felonies, and both men looking at prison time.  Granted Hide won't get the airplay, but a nice public statement by the LOUD voices during the Titus mess would be nice.  I'm guessing they'll be very quiet on this one. 
What do you expect someone to say? He messed up, he will get his day in court and shit happens.

Elevate Your Image.™

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 09:36:13 AM »
it would be intresting to hear from the athletes representive. bob?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 09:36:27 AM »
I'm sure there are a few retired bodybuilders who could do nothing more than post a nice message to Hide without drawing any drama to themselves for past deeds.  I hope they do.  WHen an NFL player gets busted for steroids, he isn't alienated by his peers.

So do you think Arnold is going to say something nice about him?  Who the fk knows him anyway?  And WHY would they?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 09:36:43 AM »
Craig made some mistakes, big deal, he should be on stage again to pose for his fans.
LOL!
BigNationRadio.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 09:39:06 AM »

Correction: We were trying to distance ourselves LONG before they went on the lamb for murder...

No.

Kind of answered your own question...

There's nothing to defend at the moment, all we have is an unfortunate situation which impacts no one but himself...

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 09:40:50 AM »
Why is it "unfortunate" Bob?  "Unfortunate" that he got caught?  Please explain.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 09:46:13 AM »
Why is it "unfortunate" Bob?  "Unfortunate" that he got caught?  Please explain.

Geez, I don't know, unfortunate that one of our own has spent the last 3 weeks in a holding cell, away from his friends and family, in a foriegn country. Unfortunate that he is in this situation by his own hand, Unfortunate that the law is what it is, when there are bigger fish to fry out there knocking over old ladies, robbing banks shooting people to get money for heroin, crank, etc.....

Take your pick...

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 09:48:30 AM »
Geez, I don't know, unfortunate that one of our own has spent the last 3 weeks in a holding cell, away from his friends and family, in a foriegn country. Unfortunate that he is in this situation by his own hand, Unfortunate that the law is what it is, when there are bigger fish to fry out there knocking over old ladies, robbing banks shooting people to get money for heroin, crank, etc.....

Take your pick...

I think unfortunate doesnt fit. Afortunate is better.
Afortunate that the law is here to bring some JUSTICE and judge criminilas like titus.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Hidetada Yamagishi: Will the bodybuilding world abandon him???
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 09:59:47 AM »
thanks for responding Bob.

How had you attempted to distance yourself from Craig before the murders?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 10:03:03 AM »
thanks for responding Bob.

How had you attempted to distance yourself from Craig before the murders?

You already mentioned it...as he was (allegedly) trying to form his own federation...they basically distanced themselves. THat said, anyone who seen Craig in person can attest that he was cracked out...

I didn't have to distance myself as we were never friends in the first place, and had our share of run-ins over the years...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 10:04:36 AM »
You already mentioned it...as he was (allegedly) trying to form his own federation...they basically distanced themselves. THat said, anyone who seen Craig in person can attest that he was cracked out...

I didn't have to distance myself as we were never friends in the first place, and had our share of run-ins over the years...

Good enough.  Props for addressing it.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 10:13:19 AM »
Can someone tell me exactly what drugs Hide had in his possession at the time?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 10:19:15 AM »
Can someone tell me exactly what drugs Hide had in his possession at the time?

No, it wasn't disclosed..

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 10:31:17 AM »
Chick, you must know you are the IFBB athletes rep and if you don't know now will soon.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 10:32:23 AM »

Take your pick...

Your definition of unfortunate is twisted.  The guy committed a crime.  Let him sit there.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007, 11:05:32 AM »
Your definition of unfortunate is twisted.  The guy committed a crime.  Let him sit there.

Agreed. Though there are varying degrees of criminal activity, you cannot dismiss the fact that Hidetada still commited a crime. I guess since he didn't  kill anyone, it's okay to have posession of illegal substances, huh Bob?

Also, what a good role model to young kids. It's wrong to kill someone, but it's okay to posess illegal substance. Quite a contradictory statement. Both are a crime!
X

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 11:09:20 AM »
It's wrong to kill someone, but it's okay to posess illegal substance. Quite a contradictory statement.

::)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 11:12:45 AM »
Also, what a good role model to young kids. It's wrong to kill someone, but it's okay to posess illegal substance. Quite a contradictory statement. Both are a crime!

so by attending a bodybuilding contest, you must be condoning illegal activity.