Author Topic: IFBB needs to start drug-tests all pro contest now !  (Read 10098 times)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
Re: IFBB needs to start drug-tests all pro contest now !
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2007, 06:31:47 PM »
there would be no increase in interest, and probably a decrease.   there are plenty of natural (or pseudo-natural) bodybuilding contests out there, both at the amateur and pro levels.  the fans aren't rushing out to see them.    yes, pro bodybuilding has lost many of its fans because of the bloated stomachs and conditioning.  but fans don't want to go back to the 50s, especially when they'll continue to be able to see steroided out guys at their local gym.   Late 70s physiques might bring them back to the theaters, though.

...good point Tim.

I'd be interested to hear your opinion on the viability of truly natural shows where there would be a minimum bodyfat measurement.

The biggest problem that I see with natural bodybuilding is the requirement that competitors have ripped glutes in order to be considered competitive... Guys like Rob Hope (probably the best natural around) can carry off the low bodyfat look very well, but most naturals look like stringbeans at 5% bf and below. 

I firmly believe that a MINIMUM bodyfat measurement is required.

In practice that would mean offering a standardised testing procedure to all competing athletes in the months coming up to the contest, thereby allowing competitors to aim for a 7% bf standard. Still ripped and detailed, but sufficiently full to allow the men keep their sex-specific (alpha receptor) fat tissue: abs and detail but with soft glutes and smooth upper thighs.
   In conjunction with 70s style trunks and proper classical posing this requirement (and subsequent new judging standards) would give bodybuilding some much needed credibility.

If natural competitors looked healthier it would also certainly help popularity.

Your thoughts Tim?

The Luke

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2007, 08:21:58 PM »
You could use some steroids too "Mr Taiwan" If you trained for 35 years and look like this you are doing something terribly wrong.

maybe some HRT? 

I don't know why so many weak minded friends here??
"juiced or not" ,"natural or unnatural" is a very pesonal claim ,anyway.I am not intend to offend juicers .

But I post under my real name ,real pics ,adress .
I don't care who give a shit or not ,I have responsible for my claims.

As a veteran in bodybuiding over 35 years ,I know that there are still a lot of very hard trainning natural bodybuilders around world .

This is a English bodybuilding web-side .But most of them can't speak and write good in English.
Who can hear their voices ???

**By the way ,I am still very proud of my physique as a 54 old fart  ;D ;D

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2007, 08:30:34 PM »
yes I think that the super dry conditioning that you often see at major NPC shows is unhealthy and turns many fans off.  but you can't achieve that look without drugs.  what drug tested show are you attending where they're coming in that dry?

I think the guys in the WNBF look fine, but I don't really believe that they're lifetime drug free.

http://wnbf.net/wnbfcontestresults.htm

The guys in Musclemania look healthy too, but again, they're not really drug free.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2007, 08:32:31 PM »
yes I think that the super dry conditioning that you often see at major NPC shows is unhealthy and turns many fans off.  but you can't achieve that look without drugs.  what drug tested show are you attending where they're coming in that dry?

I think the guys in the WNBF look fine, but I don't really believe that they're lifetime drug free.

The guys in Musclemania look healthy too, but again, they're not really drug free.
99% agree

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2007, 09:09:14 PM »

look,,there is no natural in bodybuilding or fitness now days,,rarely you will find them in figure and i mean rarely!! because most all fitness girls are on constant use of clenbuterol t3 phentarmine and mild duretics ,,with gh as base for  most figure bodybuilding and figure girls

the worst liars are the one who claim natural on those organizations,,they abuse the system and are scared pussies to get cought ,,they cant grow to hormonized level and chose to do little and keep their small size and call themselves natural,,

but the worst of the worst are the ones who go from using higher doses into "natural" comptition,,those are the ones gh15 hope gewt busted on regular basis because those are the ones who will sell the innocent bodybuilder garbage and stuff you wouldnt put in a mouce saying its fountain of youth,,those are the worst and attached are 2 pictures of the group example
fallen angel

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2007, 01:08:39 AM »
    For sure people are not rushing to see natural shows right now, the competitors just aren't at the level they need to be yet.  I think in the next few years, though, they will be.  As more and more of the public demand that athletes be drug free, more and more will be that way-and with more competitors come better competitors...and just like in the drug sport, real drug free freaks will emerge and make a big scene. 

We all know that 'natural bodybuilding' today is too infilitrated with drugs, but they're not all users.  Most aren't.  Many of the winners are, but the majority of all the competitors aren't.  Once the drug use starts though, it's just going to increase and increase and soon the natural federations will start looking like the NPC or the IFBB-perfect example: Musclemania.  Long story short, I'm not too worried.  The drug users weed themselves out.  The drug free sport is the only one that CAN emerge out of all of this. 

When drug free competitors start getting better and better-and this is the only likely option-people will start paying even more attention.  There is no other option, the public's tastes have changed and are changing-even the IFBB public-there are more cries than ever for the return of the aesthetic physique(and before you even say it, I know that is not a natural physique-but it is an indicator pointing in that direction).

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2007, 01:16:47 AM »
    For sure people are not rushing to see natural shows right now, the competitors just aren't at the level they need to be yet.  I think in the next few years, though, they will be.  As more and more of the public demand that athletes be drug free, more and more will be that way-and with more competitors come better competitors...and just like in the drug sport, real drug free freaks will emerge and make a big scene. 

We all know that 'natural bodybuilding' today is too infilitrated with drugs, but they're not all users.  Most aren't.  Many of the winners are, but the majority of all the competitors aren't.  Once the drug use starts though, it's just going to increase and increase and soon the natural federations will start looking like the NPC or the IFBB-perfect example: Musclemania.  Long story short, I'm not too worried.  The drug users weed themselves out.  The drug free sport is the only one that CAN emerge out of all of this. 

When drug free competitors start getting better and better-and this is the only likely option-people will start paying even more attention.  There is no other option, the public's tastes have changed and are changing-even the IFBB public-there are more cries than ever for the return of the aesthetic physique(and before you even say it, I know that is not a natural physique-but it is an indicator pointing in that direction).

Agree
Very very positive opinion !!

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2007, 01:19:20 AM »

Won't happen dude. People always need to have an edge. And it's terribly easy to take some undetectable substances.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2007, 01:23:15 AM »
As gh15 said before:
---you cant do any test to test for hormones unles it is BLOOD TEST TAKEN EVERY WEEK STARTING AT THE 20 WEEK PRE COMPETITION UP TO THE COMPETITION NIGHT ,,that is the only drug test that will assure natural CLEAN competition since we will hormonize ourselve in the offseason,,but blood test every week last 20 weeks should bring on clean athletes to stage,,ONLY BLOOD TEST

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2007, 01:28:13 AM »
Won't happen dude. People always need to have an edge. And it's terribly easy to take some undetectable substances.

but that's what I'm saying is happening now, and those people are going to weed themselves out with that attitude.  Over the years, the guys who are always giving themselves the illegal drug edge are going to become very noticable-maybe not in drug tests(right away), but definitely to the public, and they won't be appreciated.  I should note, too, that there just aren't any secrets anymore.  People hear things and in addition to that, the time clock on the leniency of law enforcement on steroids and physique enhancing drugs is definitely ticking!  Remember, just because they are only persecuting the dealers and the smugglers now doesn't mean that the judicial system isn't going to evolve as well and start tackling even the littlest of offenders.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2007, 02:29:27 AM »
As more and more of the public demand that athletes be drug free,

the public is not demanding it.  politicians and talk radio hosts are demanding it, but that's only because they want to appear 'politically correct'.  The average person doesn't care.   The average baseball fan wants to see guys with 20 inch arms hitting home runs.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2007, 02:35:26 AM »
the public is not demanding it.  politicians and talk radio hosts are demanding it, but that's only because they want to appear 'politically correct'.  The average person doesn't care.   The average baseball fan wants to see guys with 20 inch arms hitting home runs.
LOL

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2007, 02:37:41 AM »

...this is what it comes down to and we disagree here.  I know that people still want to see that-I definitely acknowledge that, but I see a shift in public demand happening right now-and it is going away from quantity and towards quality.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2007, 04:22:01 AM »
And even if all sports will be clean in a few years, what would happen to the fanbase? And what about the performance that will drop BIGTIME? Marathons above 2:15, bodybuilders that are at least 25% smaller etc. etc.

Do you really want to see this happening? It will KILL professional sports!

Time to get real and accept the truth.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2007, 06:05:12 AM »
That is only a phase. Yes that will happen and maybe we'll never beat those times/records, but that isn't going to be what is most important in the future, imo, and I don't even think that is the way it will stay.  Everyone will start striving for the records drug free again. 
   BUT, ff the fanbase dies, then it dies.  i don't care if those records are ever broken again.  I think there are others like me.  Ultimately it's about self improvement, not beating other people. 

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2007, 07:36:21 AM »
And even if all sports will be clean in a few years, what would happen to the fanbase? And what about the performance that will drop BIGTIME? Marathons above 2:15, bodybuilders that are at least 25% smaller etc. etc.

THIS IS THE BEST POST ON GETBIG BOARD IN THE YEAR OF 2007
fallen angel

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2007, 07:47:04 AM »

So what, no one will care...

The people want to see others fighting for a win, if he comes in at 2:00h or 2"30H does not matter, as long as you see them fight.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2007, 07:49:27 AM »
but that's what I'm saying is happening now, and those people are going to weed themselves out with that attitude.  Over the years, the guys who are always giving themselves the illegal drug edge are going to become very noticable-maybe not in drug tests(right away), but definitely to the public, and they won't be appreciated.  I should note, too, that there just aren't any secrets anymore.  People hear things and in addition to that, the time clock on the leniency of law enforcement on steroids and physique enhancing drugs is definitely ticking!  Remember, just because they are only persecuting the dealers and the smugglers now doesn't mean that the judicial system isn't going to evolve as well and start tackling even the littlest of offenders.

see this is where imagination takes place,,the little individual user was NEVER safer ,,infact now they are the safest,,why? because there are so manyaround thw rold and in particular in america (about 1-2 millions constant users with no sacripts) and are the goverment thmselves as in kids of governors in america ,,politicians on painkillers ,,bored hosue wives on clenbuterol and thyroid hormones,,sons and daugghers of dc usa politicians that are all american stars baseball and football ,,the worst problem is that the police in america are on hormones and i estimate it at over 50% le are on constant use of hormones in america,,more than anyother place in the world,,many of the dea and fda are also on hormones,,it is like trying to stop the use of tylanol,,infact the users of hormones are most likley higher in nnumber than the users of tylanol around the world,,

many countries have hormones as uncontrolled,,many countries you go to pharmacy and buy them like dognuts,,you just put 10$ and buy what you pay in usa later 200$ for,,many countries do not see hormones as anything but NATURAL HORMONES,,that is why the many bodybuilders dont even love in usa ,,

the INDIVIDUAL USER of meth and cocaine is all over usa and they are the ones who need to be thrown in prison but the goverment dont even do that because its iummposible to detect ,,,so hormone users are 100% safe,,they are every day people of goverment ,,doctors and teachers,,hel you go to highschool in america now days over 50% of couches are hormonized and living their life in gymnazium late in evening doing bodybuilding or power training on hormones,,and in the morning teach your kids gym classes or math and science,,

you cant stop something that is not a drug,,people discovered it long time ago,,they just do it descrete,,

the problem is when the narcotics and the dealers of narcotics come into the picture,,the problem is when criminals try to take advantage of this,,,the hormones by themselves ,,the human grade ones are nothing but little stamina and recovery in gym
fallen angel

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2007, 08:38:21 AM »
So what, no one will care...

The people want to see others fighting for a win, if he comes in at 2:00h or 2"30H does not matter, as long as you see them fight.

Spot on, the actual sport is what's important.  How it is played and how the athletes achieve what they achieve is what's really most fun for the fans. 
      Think of how much more interesting bbing could be if professional bodybuilders' dvds actually showed them training hard and eating and speaking like dedicated, intelligent athletes-which is what would be forced to happen if drugs left the scene: when drugs leave the scene, only the most intelligent and most dedicated would prevail-it's natural selection.  Then kids could have heroes again in this sport like the guys from the 60s and 70s were to the kids in the 80s and 90s.  Instead we have dvds of bbers not training all out, speaking as un-articulately as humanly possible, and seemingly TRYING to live up the bad boy, hyper male image that the current/aging trend demands. 
    The funniest thing, on top of all of that, is that in their attempts to live up to that hyper male image and be that person, they have LITERALLY lost what it means to be PHYSICALLY male-a deep voice, testicles, and their own hormone production!  Most even stay shaven clean througout the whole year!  How much less male can they become?  People have begun noticing it, and people have already stopped thinking it's cool.  There's your truth, you can accept it or not. 
   The way bbing is right now, no one will even miss it if it goes down completely for a while.  It would be worth it if it came out drug free.  What's going to change is isn't more drug testing(although that might help).  What's going to change it is the average person's desire to be healthy AND good looking rather than just freaky looking; in addition to their desire to look up to people who actually portray the people they are trying to portray-rather than hyper-male looking people with total loss of all male qualities.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2007, 09:10:58 AM »

Spot on, the actual sport is what's important.  How it is played and how the athletes achieve what they achieve is what's really most fun for the fans. 
      Think of how much more interesting bbing could be if professional bodybuilders' dvds actually showed them training hard and eating and speaking like dedicated, intelligent athletes-which is what would be forced to happen if drugs left the scene: when drugs leave the scene, only the most intelligent and most dedicated would prevail-it's natural selection.  Then kids could have heroes again in this sport like the guys from the 60s and 70s were to the kids in the 80s and 90s.  Instead we have dvds of bbers not training all out, speaking as un-articulately as humanly possible, and seemingly TRYING to live up the bad boy, hyper male image that the current/aging trend demands. 
    The funniest thing, on top of all of that, is that in their attempts to live up to that hyper male image and be that person, they have LITERALLY lost what it means to be PHYSICALLY male-a deep voice, testicles, and their own hormone production!  Most even stay shaven clean througout the whole year!  How much less male can they become?  People have begun noticing it, and people have already stopped thinking it's cool.  There's your truth, you can accept it or not. 
   The way bbing is right now, no one will even miss it if it goes down completely for a while.  It would be worth it if it came out drug free.  What's going to change is isn't more drug testing(although that might help).  What's going to change it is the average person's desire to be healthy AND good looking rather than just freaky looking; in addition to their desire to look up to people who actually portray the people they are trying to portray-rather than hyper-male looking people with total loss of all male qualities.

THIS IS THE BEST POST ON GETBIG BOARD IN THE YEAR OF 2007

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2007, 09:32:36 AM »
All this talk about natural has been going on for years. Blechman tried to help by making his magazine "all natual".

No one cares. Nothing is ever going to change.

If you been around this sport long enough, you'll realize that this same talk has been going around and around forever.

Nothing new here.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2007, 10:16:02 AM »
That is only a phase.

yes, the next phase is genetic manipulation.  won't need to take performance enhancing drugs, as your body will be reprogrammed to provide them on its own.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2007, 10:35:38 AM »
Heh.

Natural pro bodybuilding? What a joke!
It's great when you have drug-free impresive physique. If I see good 180 pound physique at the beach I think it's great for this guy keeping care of himself and working out but I'm not going to bodybuilding contest to watch that physique! Sports are entertainment and why in the hell should someone stop the development? If you want to see natural bodybuilders go to some natural contest! These guys are great and I have a lot of respect for natural guys but they in my eyes aren't professional athletes - and I wouldn't pay $80 for a ticket to get see them in contest...
Agreed.
Pro=Drugs
N