Author Topic: Will Chuck be axed or will Wand be iced!!! *SEVERAL SPOILERS*  (Read 14628 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Will Chuck be axed or will Wand be iced!!! *SEVERAL SPOILERS*
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2007, 10:21:34 PM »
hahaha, I just realized. In the two events I've picked fights for before tonight, I had more correct picks than Bluto has had in the 5 events he's picked.

That's embarrassing. It really is.

is nog fighting silva for the vacant belt ?

seems to me I read that somewhere

As far as I know he is.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2007, 10:23:08 PM »
what ya get 5 fights outta 10 right? i bet PUMPHARD would have picked better than you!

I picked 7 outta 10 right, and i on purpose held back on 2 just to give you guys a chance to catch up!

THE SUPER IS BACK!
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2007, 10:25:28 PM »
what ya get 5 fights outta 10 right? i bet PUMPHARD would have picked better than you!

I picked 7 outta 10 right, and i on purpose held back on 2 just to give you guys a chance to catch up!

THE SUPER IS BACK!

hahahah, took you six events to finally get more than 1/5 of your predictions right? Congratulations BSB!

It's funny that you're still acting like you know what you're talking about when it comes to mma. Talk about boring.  :D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2007, 10:28:03 PM »
What can I say, I'm an MMA expert!

I'm a black belt and my hands are registered as DEADLY WEAPONS
Z

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2007, 10:38:43 PM »

I'm a black belt and my hands are registered as DEADLY WEAPONS
Yes your posts have been known to kill a thread or two.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2007, 12:27:55 AM »
AHHHHHHHH ahhahahhahhaaahhahhahaiu dhkjahdkjlfhakjdhfka,,,,,,.......  ::)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2007, 04:17:53 AM »

It's funny that you're still acting like you know what you're talking about when it comes to mma.
Why do write posts like this about yourself, my ugly friend?
!

DNewbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Will Chuck be axed or will Wand be iced!!! Only hours remain !!!
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2007, 07:21:18 AM »
He almost got ko'ed like three times and even got floored pretty badly. Neither looked like a contender tonight, but two old guys that were out of shape and went out there and flailed around hoping to land lucky punches.

After reading all 4 pages of this thread, I have come to the conclusion that you must have been drunk last night. 2 old guys that were out of shape? Are you kidding me? Wandy looked to be in excellent condition last night.

A boring event? What the hell were you expecting? The Clementi fight was exciting, the Liddell fight was exciting and the main event was a true showing of MMA perfection.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2007, 08:37:49 AM »
They were out of shape. Gassing after the first round. You ever seen Wandy fight before? He was a monster from start to finish. He was timid and tired. Chuck's punches were slower than ever, telegraphed and packed no power. It looked like two guys that were 3-4 years past their prime out there and it showed. Neither one looked like a contender.

Thanks for telling telling me what's up, though.  ::)

Nevermind, I just saw the other Liddell thread. I'm going to say it's safe to assume you own the Affliction Chuck Liddell t-shirt and have no less than 40-50 articles of TapOut clothing littering your apartment floor.

DNewbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2007, 08:45:01 AM »
I have watched just about every Wandy fight. I have also been watching MMA since the 1st UFC event. Gassing after round 1? The 2nd round was unbelievable!! Didn't look like 2 guys that were gassed out to me!!

For the record-I don't own any Affliction or Tapout clothing! My son does have a pair of Sprawl shorts though.... ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2007, 09:39:02 AM »
hahahah, are you a Bluto gimmick? Your post was pretty much verbatim of every one of his every time he makes a fool of himself.

The only other time I've seen Wandy move that slow and timidly was the first Arona fight. He wasn't even throwing combos out there, just slow punches (by his standards even) that were telegraphed from a mile away. Hardly looked like the Wandy before CC tore his head off.

Chuck looked slow as shit, too. They're both over the hill.

Nothing wrong with Sprawls by the way.  :D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2007, 09:51:42 AM »
chuck and wand should meet in the center of the ring and just slug it out until one of them goes out permantely. wand was willing to do this. chuck wasnt. chuck should be disqualified for cowardness. which would give me another win putting me at 80% correct bettings and passing danielson.
Z

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2007, 03:59:04 PM »
Chuck went for takedowns! :-\

Both guys looked like crap, man ole man...Wand looked small and weak. The Silva I knew in 03 and 04 was an animal...but he is gone now. :'(

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2007, 03:15:52 PM »
This fight confirms my belief that Pride guys who were accustomed to coming into a fight juiced up and flying on speed, cannot duplicate their performances with the UFC drug testing policies.  Wandy looked slow, subdued and timid.

I was shocked to see Chuck gas early in the fight.  At one point he had Wandy against the ropes and since he couldn't punch anymore, he back off and walked to the center of the cage...WTF!!!

That said, I thought it was a great fight.  Liddell fought smart.  He used his range & he incorporated takedowns to keep Wandy guessing.  He still needs to work on keeping his left up when punching.  On several occasions, he dropped it and Wandy connected...unfortunatel y for him, with not enough power.

Both guys re past their prime, but they should have a few more good fights in them.
w

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2008, 06:56:32 AM »
could be one of the reasons. but i see several others. octagon being different and bigger suits chuck better. wand isnt the same anymore. didnt think he was it in pride either. his last 2 ko's took a toll on him for sure. he doesnt have the fire anymore. he's starting to talk more about bringing a good fight for the fans - rather than winning. his killer instinct is gone.

he'll still good enough for entertainment value, but he wont be title material. put him against houston alexander next  :D
Z

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2008, 06:54:23 PM »
someone has to give wandy drug advice to beat the system because thats not the same wandy who beat rampage or mark hunt

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2008, 09:39:06 PM »
They were out of shape. Gassing after the first round. You ever seen Wandy fight before? He was a monster from start to finish. He was timid and tired. Chuck's punches were slower than ever, telegraphed and packed no power. It looked like two guys that were 3-4 years past their prime out there and it showed. Neither one looked like a contender.

Totally agree.

Chuck looking up at the clock to see how much time he had left tells me all I need to know. Guy looks like he is trying his hardest to avoid contact.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2008, 02:49:32 AM »
someone has to give wandy drug advice to beat the system because thats not the same wandy who beat rampage or mark hunt

he didnt beat Mark Hunt, in fact was his first loss in Pride if im not mistaken, but it wasnt too much taken into consideration at the time because of the fact that Hunt weights twice his weight i think...lol

one thing i really dont understand was the fact that he did not use ANY of his muay thai background like knees wich is one of his best weapons...really strange
!