Author Topic: My stab at 225 lbs for reps!  (Read 15999 times)

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
My stab at 225 lbs for reps!
« on: December 30, 2007, 05:51:49 PM »
Lol, man, it KICKED MY ASS!  What really sucks is that I didn't bother to really get the straps tight because I didn't think grip would be the limiting factor, but that is exactly what happened.  The last 10 reps it felt like I was losing the bar. 

Anyway, here is the video:

I got 58 reps.  I think if I do it again I could get more.  It is just a matter of acclimating to stupidly high reps.

Chris
w

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Re: My stab at 225 lbs for reps!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 05:52:46 PM »
The True Adonis owns your mind.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 05:53:13 PM »
Lol, man, it KICKED MY ASS!  What really sucks is that I didn't bother to really get the straps tight because I didn't think grip would be the limiting factor, but that is exactly what happened.  The last 10 reps it felt like I was losing the bar. 

I got 58 reps.  I think if I do it again I could get more.  It is just a matter of acclimating to stupidly high reps.

Chris

Wow!  Good job man. 

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 05:53:55 PM »
The True Adonis owns your mind.

Lol, no, I just like a challenge. 
w

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 05:55:06 PM »
Lol, no, I just like a challenge. 

epic insecurity issues.  :P

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 05:55:49 PM »
You are numero uno.

Do use the youtube feature next time though.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 05:57:48 PM »
You probably would have got 60 had you used clips.  Stabilizes the weight.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 05:57:58 PM »
You are numero uno.

Do use the youtube feature next time though.

Fixed!  :)
w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 05:58:43 PM »
You probably would have got 60 had you used clips.  Stabilizes the weight.

If I had cranked my wraps a bit tighter I would have had 60. 
w

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 05:58:53 PM »

Chris

With all due respect, TA nearly doubles this.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=103172.0
Bodybuilding Pro.com

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 05:59:13 PM »
It's gonna be interesting because there are gonna be alot of people that end up trying this I'm thinking.  We might not even hear about them all but IMO, it's officially taken hold, this thing; Chris's entry was probably the tipping point.  Also there are gonna be alot of overall size/strength/conditioning gains with the guys who are trying this.  See, now Chris is already wanting to try it again.  It's drive like this that breaks plateaus.  My point is that this thing is really healthy for the board.   

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 06:00:14 PM »
TA never said he did it without rest. He did it with periods of rest, Canning.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 06:00:33 PM »
Your form is great.. Great use of the back and LEGS. I learned by watching that video!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 06:02:25 PM »

For how many minutes?  Even holding the bar in the top position is not easy after you've been lifting so much weight for so long.

My next entry will be 30-40 reps within the guidelines.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 06:02:56 PM »

Epic "I must defend everything Adonis has ever said because I have so much of my ego tied up in maintaining that he wasn't full of shit that my world might be destroyed if I cave in to logic" post.  You exhibit classic signs of "true believer" syndrome, Bast.  

True-believer syndrome is a term coined by M. Lamar Keene in his 1976 book The Psychic Mafia. Keene used the term to refer to people who continued to believe in a paranormal event or phenomenon even after it had been proven to have been staged.[1] It has since been applied, more loosely, to refer to any belief without empirical or logical foundations. Keene himself considered it to be a cognitive disorder,[2][3] and regarded it as being a key factor in the success of many mediums.[1] The term "true believer syndrome" is not used professionally by mainstream psychologists, psychiatrists or medical professionals and it is not recognised as a form of psychopathology or psychological impairment.

In his book The Psychic Mafia, Keene tells of a psychic medium named Raoul. Some people still believed that Raoul was genuine even after he openly admitted that he was a fake. Keene wrote "I knew how easy it was to make people believe a lie, but I didn't expect the same people, confronted with the lie, would choose it over the truth. ... No amount of logic can shatter a faith consciously based on a lie." [4]

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 06:05:50 PM »
Epic "I must defend everything Adonis has ever said because I have so much of my ego tied up in maintaining that he wasn't full of shit that my world might be destroyed if I cave in to logic" post.  You exhibit classic signs of "true believer" syndrome, Bast. 

i asked him when he first made that claim and he said that he rested. that is all.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 06:06:15 PM »
Epic "I must defend everything Adonis has ever said because I have so much of my ego tied up in maintaining that he wasn't full of shit that my world might be destroyed if I cave in to logic" post.  You exhibit classic signs of "true believer" syndrome, Bast.  

Bast would probably struggle with deadlifting 225 for 10 reps if his prefered weight is 160 lbs.

Seriously, TA claim has no proof backing it, and if some seriously strong people can't disprove with with videos trying their hardest, then TA's claim is obviously bullshit.  ::)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 06:07:14 PM »
Bast would probably struggle with deadlifting 225 for 10 reps if his prefered weight is 160 lbs.

I would struggle with 1 rep now since i had arm surgery recently, fuckface.

That being said, I still have a better physique than you.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 06:09:06 PM »
Epic "I must defend everything Adonis has ever said because I have so much of my ego tied up in maintaining that he wasn't full of shit that my world might be destroyed if I cave in to logic" post.

LOL!!!!!!!

This dude is a southern American version of me.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 06:10:04 PM »
LOL!!!!!!!

This dude is a southern American version of me.

Are you saying that I am your straight, redneck doppleganger, Matt C? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 06:11:15 PM »
It's gonna be interesting because there are gonna be alot of people that end up trying this I'm thinking.  We might not even hear about them all but IMO, it's officially taken hold, this thing; Chris's entry was probably the tipping point.  Also there are gonna be alot of overall size/strength/conditioning gains with the guys who are trying this.  See, now Chris is already wanting to try it again.  It's drive like this that breaks plateaus.  My point is that this thing is really healthy for the board.   

I agree... this is a great thing.  Good lift, Chris.  Tell your boy Wolfe to go ahead and knock out 75 reps tomorrow with 225.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 06:12:25 PM »

Just curious here. Why were you so keep to come and semi-bash Mason's feat? Do you actually buy Adonis' cock and bull story? I mean it has pretty much proven to be false.

And who was ever making a comparison of physiques? I merely said you'd struggle at your prefered bodyweight and height; so you really had no right to comment on Mason using clips and how it'd help him.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 06:12:45 PM »

Seriously, TA claim has no proof backing it, and if some seriously strong people can't disprove with with videos trying their hardest, then TA's claim is obviously bullshit.  ::)

Exactly.  If I'm not mistaken, Chris Mason's maximum deadlift is over 650 and Zach hit 510 before as posted on youtube and has a little more than that in him.  I maxed out at 425 last week after doing multiple heavy sets leading up to that but I'm good for a little over 450 and I found 23 reps to be hard.

Are you saying that I am your straight, redneck doppleganger, Matt C? 

That's exactly what I'm saying.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 06:13:06 PM »
HAHA AWESOME JOB CHRIS!!! That's it.. I'll make 60. If old man chris was let out the old folks home for his recess hour just to beat us young kids... the hell I'm going to let that happen!  ;D

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 06:13:54 PM »

;D