Author Topic: Fatal Batch On Insulin?  (Read 2834 times)

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
Fatal Batch On Insulin?
« on: December 31, 2007, 03:07:06 AM »
This story makes no sense

http://www.lancashireeveningtelegraph.co.uk/mostpopular.var.1891648.mostviewed.insulin_probe_man_suffers_brain_damage.php

Insulin probe man suffers brain damage
A MAN who is seriously ill in hospital after apparently taking a fatal batch of insulin to aid bodybuilding has suffered severe brain damage.

And his family have been told the next few days are critical as he fights for his life.

The man and a friend were both taken to Royal Blackburn Hospital after taking the drug, which is believed to have been circulating on the black market in gyms across East Lancashire.

Police are investigating the death of 44-year-old Shane Raeburn, of Barnes Street, Clayton-le-Moors, as part of the same probe into the illegal sale of insulin.

The man in hospital, who police describe as being "very seriously ill" is in his late 30s and from Clayton-le-Moors but his name has not been released by police.

The third man needed was released from hospital after receiving treatment.

The drug is used to treat diabetes but police said neither Mr Raeburn or his two friends had the condition.

Officers have arrested and released three people on bail - a 40-year-old woman and a man, 30, both from Clayton-le-Moors, and a 19-year-old man from Accrington - pending further inquiries in connection with the supply of the drug.

Police began probing the death of Mr Raeburn, who lived in Barnes Street, after a post-mortem examination proved inconclusive and his two friends were taken ill after taking the drug.

Further tests are being carried out on the Burnley FC fan in a bid to establish why he died and whther he too had taken the drug.

Det Chief Insp Paul Withers said police were due to interview associates of the three friends in a bid to find out more after the case was referred to them by Blackburn coroner Michael Singleton.

He said: "Although a post-mortem examination has taken place, the cause of death is still unascertained at this time.

"Police are also investigating the circulation of ampoules of insulin in Clayton-le-Moors.

"Three people have been arrested in connection with the circulation of the insulin and have been released on police bail pending further inquiries."

Mr Raeburn died in the early hours of November 28.

Officers said they were unsure of the origin of the ampuoles, which are used to hold liquid insulin, but that they were investigating how it had come to be on sale illegally.

Insulin is usually given to diabetics to control their blood sugar levels.

But internet sites detail how bodybuilders have started using insulin because they feel it can provide further muscle gains.

This is said to work by helping to regulate glucose levels and bring nutrients to muscles.

People with any information about the drugs are being asked to call Blackburn police on 01254 51212 or Crimestoppers, in confidence, on 0800 555 111.

cht868

• Getbig III
Re: Fatal Batch On Insulin?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 07:15:14 AM »
let this be a lesson to all, ask milos about slin b4 u use it and make sure to have his drinks otherwise u will fuck urself up

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 10:03:37 AM »
How the hell did he manage that? Probably shot 50IU instead of 5  ;D

Always keep glucagon with you when using slin

joelocal

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 10:07:43 AM »

Always keep glucagon with you when using slin

Or better yet, don't use the crap.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 10:12:05 AM »
Or better yet, don't use the crap.

You don't have much choice when you are competing at a pro level.

joelocal

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 10:15:07 AM »
You don't have much choice when you are competing at a pro level.

Sure you do.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 10:17:24 AM »
Sure you do.

::)

You never did chemicals right? I can tell.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 10:32:28 AM »
gayer than naming your city Clayton-le-Moors.

joelocal

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 10:36:40 AM »
Not insulin....there is no need for it, I've already givin reasons why it shouldn't be used, unless someone doesn't care about the long term effects or the longevity of their health, then go for, but for vanities sake it isn't worth it, plus most competitors who don't use it look 10 X's better

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 10:38:54 AM »
Not insulin....there is no need for it, I've already givin reasons why it shouldn't be used, unless someone doesn't care about the long term effects or the longevity of their health, then go for, but for vanities sake it isn't worth it, plus most competitors who don't use it look 10 X's better

it's harder and harder to place at state level without using it.

joelocal

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 11:08:29 AM »
it's harder and harder to place at state level without using it.

I agree......Milos and the judges fucked up the entire industry pro and amature by having people think that they can't win without it, but change will come soon.....I promise.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 11:59:32 AM »
no one should ever do insulin. If you need insulin to get big, you just weren't made to be big!

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 12:03:53 PM »
no one should ever do insulin. If you need insulin to get big, you just weren't made to be big!
guess ronnie jay and all other ifbb pros where not made to be big

joelocal

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 12:06:59 PM »

Technically, no they were not, neither were you nor me, etc,etc,etc

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 12:14:05 PM »

Time will tell if they die in a few years to organ failure than i guess not. But it is all relative the pro's today would probably all be big guys without drugs, but with the aid of the drugs their genetics are exploited into the freaks we see today.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 12:16:21 PM »
Tell that to Jay Cutler. ;D
N

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 12:36:20 PM »
I bet 90% of those screaming slin is dangerous and its not needed etc etc took a slin shot within 24 hours

joelocal

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 12:52:41 PM »
Unless they are diabetic, I'll take that bet, I know I didn't or ever have.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 12:55:04 PM »
insulin works..that is for sure. but over all its probably not worth it in the long run
irongearco.com

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 01:00:36 PM »
insulin works..that is for sure. but over all its probably not worth it in the long run

insulin is the best thing to use for putting on serious weight, but to risk developing diabetes in the not so distant future no way is it worth it no matter what the gains.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 01:05:51 PM »
Time will tell if they die in a few years to organ failure than i guess not.

Insulin won't kill you in the short-term (unless you fucck up dosing), but it'll take 30 years off your life.  Why do you think most insulin-junkie bodybuilders in their 30's look like they are in their 50's?  I doubt any of these guys live to collect Social Security.
Ron: "I am lazy."

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 01:08:54 PM »
if the avg male life span is say 74 and most of the guys competeing are in their mid 30's and lets say the overuse of "everything" takes off 30 years then most of these guys in their prime have only a decade of life left. And who is to say what the quality of that life will be, seems sad if u ask me. Just my opinion

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 01:17:48 PM »
if the avg male life span is say 74

I think late 70's is average lifespan from birth.  If you have successfully made it out of childhood and the teenage years without dying of anything, I think you're more realistically looking at mid 80's.
Ron: "I am lazy."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 01:54:44 PM »
Insulin won't kill you in the short-term (unless you fucck up dosing), but it'll take 30 years off your life.  Why do you think most insulin-junkie bodybuilders in their 30's look like they are in their 50's?  I doubt any of these guys live to collect Social Security.

Hey, if that means more $ available for us when we get that old, I'm all for it :)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 02:01:16 PM »
Hey, if that means more $ available for us when we get that old, I'm all for it :)
Always thinking politically about the future, huh? :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!