Author Topic: Chest Training Without putting pressure on your upper Back  (Read 2228 times)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Chest Training Without putting pressure on your upper Back
« on: January 04, 2008, 08:40:13 AM »
Hey bros in a couple of weeks here im going to be getting a tattoo on my back which will be about a little under my shoulder blades about all the way up and the width of my back...can i get some suggestions for a good chest workout without getting on a bench that will irritate the tattoo if at all possible...?  help is much appreciated..

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Chest Training Without putting pressure on your upper Back
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 08:57:16 AM »
I’m curious to see what kind of answers you’ll get here.

How long are you looking to avoid pressure in that area?

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 09:01:01 AM »
well i figure that i can do things like db presses for the shoulders with a backless seat and i can just sub out close grip bench for tris so basically prob just 2 chest days...i need to figre something else out if possible...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 09:10:41 AM »
A lot of people don’t want to hear this, but maybe it’s time for an unscheduled break.
Nothing drastic.
Just take a week or two off from chest. A little rest for the pecs may be good for you, you can prioritize your delts and tri’s during this brief period, and you may even feel stronger and fresher when you start back.

It could be good for something different (it's always good to change things up a bit), and it won’t be for that long, anyway.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 09:13:22 AM »
yea i like change and i agree with what you were saying and i might just take a couple cycles off from chest presses but number one i am still interested in the ideas and i would rather not miss out completely on chest even that means purely cable work at different angles...or laying real high on the bench i dont know...

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 09:14:25 AM »
cable flyes - although I'd agree that it would be best to take the time off.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 09:15:14 AM »
i was goin to post the tat imgettin but it wont friggen let me how the hell do you do that

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 09:21:45 AM »
Dips, dips, dips and more dips.. Probably find they can do just as much or even more for the chest than benches can. Feel free to use a dipping belt and add as much weight as you can every workout. Dips (as well as chins) can be a true mass builder when done with serious intent & heavy weight.. Changing hand positions can greatly affect the triceps and delts. Some discovery that dips are a ultimate tricep builder

Tat's offer pain so might be advised to bring along some Bud's and a fifth of whatever when having that done. Though it looks better when you do it cold turkey. Going to have to sleep on your side, not on the back, for awhile. Some guy's (and a couple of girls) I grew up with got Tat's on their necks and now are having them removed. Also the tear drops, which at the time they though were too cool.  Get to your mid 30's and they wonder, "what was I thinking". Anyway, enjoy your art work. Good Luck.
F

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 09:25:12 AM »
yea your right about the dips do them already...and thanks for your support although this is my fourht tat and i love them....and i cant sleep on my back honestly so im good there....how the f do  you upload photos on here it keeps saying its too big or took to long or some shit i have shrunk it small small..

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 09:32:42 AM »
here it is bros

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 09:56:54 AM »
Dips, cable flies/crossovers are about the only thing you can do.  You are still going to be stretching the back when you go through the ROM for those though, so it might be best just to take a break from chest/back for a week or two.

Personally, I try to take a week off completely every 12-16 weeks of training.  It's VERY difficult to stay out of the gym for  a whole week, but it helps tremendously with recovery and gives your body a break every now and then which it needs.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 10:00:36 AM »
here it is bros

Nice.
You can also create a free user account on an image-hosting site like photobucket.com.

Upload your pics. to your acct. Each pic will automatically be assigned a URL. Copy that address and paste it in your post. Then highlight the address and click “add a picture” from the posting toolbar, and viola!
The image will (should) appear in your post.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 10:38:47 AM »
yea not too mention that i am probably going to be a good amount of sore...soo also depending on that on what i do in the gym...who knows it might a long week of DL, rows, and arms and limited legs....we will see thanks for the advice anyways bros

JackCheze

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 02:48:27 AM »
yea not too mention that i am probably going to be a good amount of sore...soo also depending on that on what i do in the gym...who knows it might a long week of DL, rows, and arms and limited legs....we will see thanks for the advice anyways bros

I have one tattoo on my back and it's decent sized but not huge...

Pressure was and is fine, you just don't wanna pull on it. The pain of a tattoo shouldn't be a problem for you, it's just putting cross stress on it that can ruin it.

I wouldn't max out, but try to do your normal work just keep the weight and reps manageable

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 03:47:19 AM »
Hey bros in a couple of weeks here im going to be getting a tattoo on my back which will be about a little under my shoulder blades about all the way up and the width of my back...can i get some suggestions for a good chest workout without getting on a bench that will irritate the tattoo if at all possible...?  help is much appreciated..

No, you have to wait till it peels off. Take a week off of training. If you train immediately after you may ruin have it settles in to your skin.
I hate the State.

untamedsense

• Getbig II
  • Bigger, Better, Badder!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 05:23:12 AM »

I can't believe I haven't read this:  Suck it up and do your routine!  A friggin tattoo taking priority or a workout?  Sorry...not even on my radar!
Those who play with cats; expect to get scratched!

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 05:57:58 AM »
what the hell are you talking about untamed first of all this isnt just some little tattoo on my arm this a half back piece that i am paying a good amount to get by a great tattoo artist so therefore it does take priority over a couple of days of working out....thanks anyways for your advice untamed really appreciated?

untamedsense

• Getbig II
  • Bigger, Better, Badder!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 06:02:16 AM »
what the hell are you talking about untamed first of all this isnt just some little tattoo on my arm this a half back piece that i am paying a good amount to get by a great tattoo artist so therefore it does take priority over a couple of days of working out....thanks anyways for your advice untamed really appreciated?

You're probably right...the tattoo will last alot longer than you're workout results...MY bad!
Those who play with cats; expect to get scratched!

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 06:07:05 AM »
hahhaha yea whatever bro...so are you a cat or whats that all about just out of curiousity...hahahaaa

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 07:52:04 AM »
Dips, dips, dips and more dips.. Probably find they can do just as much or even more for the chest than benches can. Feel free to use a dipping belt and add as much weight as you can every workout. Dips (as well as chins) can be a true mass builder when done with serious intent & heavy weight.. Changing hand positions can greatly affect the triceps and delts. Some discovery that dips are a ultimate tricep builder

Tat's offer pain so might be advised to bring along some Bud's and a fifth of whatever when having that done. Though it looks better when you do it cold turkey. Going to have to sleep on your side, not on the back, for awhile. Some guy's (and a couple of girls) I grew up with got Tat's on their necks and now are having them removed. Also the tear drops, which at the time they though were too cool.  Get to your mid 30's and they wonder, "what was I thinking". Anyway, enjoy your art work. Good Luck.

perfect answer....always great advice in this section...

i love parallel bar dips with added weight and i agree that they are a very effective pec developer.

don't go deep with heavy weight though or you'll fuck your shoulders.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 08:07:51 AM »
i know ive read somewhere that if you lean forward it hits more tris and if you stay more upright you hit chest?  maybe im putting to much wiehgt on the chain but i always tend to lean forward i feel more balance this way..

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 08:44:14 AM »
No.
Opposite.

Forward lean activates more chest.
Straight up & down targets tri’s.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 11:00:40 PM »

Take the week off; it will gradually come off in the shower. After 8 or 9 days you will be good to go.
I hate the State.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 12:56:09 AM »
I can't believe I haven't read this:  Suck it up and do your routine!  A friggin tattoo taking priority or a workout?  Sorry...not even on my radar!

Haha you obviously don't know shit ::)
When you get a tat, its important to let it properly heal (i have a tat, so i know about it) so that means not irritating it. Benching most likely would. Taking a week or two off would be fine.
No doubt about it...

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2008, 02:12:06 AM »
yea thanks for the back web...all i could think of was this guys gotta be kidding me...if it was like a tat on my arm that wasnt like 5 bills then we would see what i could do..but fuck that this thing is going to be half of my back practically for alot (5 bills) of money...fuck it...now that i thought more about it lifting in general is going to stretch my back and that might cause the ink to not settle right....i might just end uptaking a couple days or so off....