Author Topic: Funny situation at the gym today!  (Read 8724 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Funny situation at the gym today!
« on: January 09, 2008, 03:59:27 AM »
One guy had his medical check up before being able to become a member of the gym. It's standard at the place i train.
Best thing is, he brought his buddy along. (both arabs btw)
Both were about 80-90kg, overweight.

While No1 answered the trainer's questions, No2 strolled around the gym trying to look hardcore.
I just caught a bit of the trainer's questions but i was nearly lmao.
T: "So you have trained before. What were your reps and set count?"
No1: "about 8-10 reps, 3 sets"
T: "Ahh okay, hypertrophy"
No1 (totally dazzled look on his face): "Err yes, hy.. hyp..."
T: "And what are your goals now, strength, building muscle or losing fat?" (Typical PT idiocy)
No1 (sees his chance coming! Now he can show of his intelligence and use a new word) : "Well that hy.. hyp... (now mumbling very fast) hysopotophhh.... would be great"
T: "Hypertrophy?"
No1: "Yes, that also."

bwahahahahahaha, what a dork.

In the mean time, his buddy (probably his spotter) runs along the gym and does 1 set of lat pulldowns (30kg), swinging arm curls (30kg as well), some shoulder presses in the smith machine and then tries some hanging legs raises, but his fat hairy belly drops out the shirt before he can even raise his legs one inch, ashamed he packs it back and tries some more curls instead. After about 5-10 minutes he is done and goes away .

When i was finished with my training and went to the locker room, the spotter just comes out of the shower, stands naked in front of the mirror, poses a bit, tries to flex his gut and then (ATTENTION!) downs a protein shake!!

I had to hold back to not laugh out loud. This guy was so serious about showing his hardcoreness, it was absolutely brilliant. Pure real life comedy.

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
Re: Funny situation at the gym today!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 04:05:55 AM »

LMAO!! You gotta love those damn arabs, always bringing the best comedy moments! ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 04:09:13 AM »
LMAO!! You gotta love those damn arabs, always bringing the best comedy moments! ;D

They always have to be hardcore, otherwise they lose all respects from their buddys.  ;D ;D

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 04:09:59 AM »
One guy had his medical check up before being able to become a member of the gym. It's standard at the place i train.
Best thing is, he brought his buddy along. (both arabs btw)
Both were about 80-90kg, overweight.

While No1 answered the trainer's questions, No2 strolled around the gym trying to look hardcore.
I just caught a bit of the trainer's questions but i was nearly lmao.
T: "So you have trained before. What were your reps and set count?"
No1: "about 8-10 reps, 3 sets"
T: "Ahh okay, hypertrophy"
No1 (totally dazzled look on his face): "Err yes, hy.. hyp..."
T: "And what are your goals now, strength, building muscle or losing fat?" (Typical PT idiocy)
No1 (sees his chance coming! Now he can show of his intelligence and use a new word) : "Well that hy.. hyp... (now mumbling very fast) hysopotophhh.... would be great"
T: "Hypertrophy?"
No1: "Yes, that also."

bwahahahahahaha, what a dork.

In the mean time, his buddy (probably his spotter) runs along the gym and does 1 set of lat pulldowns (30kg), swinging arm curls (30kg as well), some shoulder presses in the smith machine and then tries some hanging legs raises, but his fat hairy belly drops out the shirt before he can even raise his legs one inch, ashamed he packs it back and tries some more curls instead. After about 5-10 minutes he is done and goes away .

When i was finished with my training and went to the locker room, the spotter just comes out of the shower, stands naked in front of the mirror, poses a bit, tries to flex his gut and then (ATTENTION!) downs a protein shake!!

I had to hold back to not laugh out loud. This guy was so serious about showing his hardcoreness, it was absolutely brilliant. Pure real life comedy.
Gym(in every country) is like a bar of spaceport in STAR WARS. Many kind of monster there ;)

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 04:12:42 AM »
They always have to be hardcore, otherwise they lose all respects from their buddys.  ;D ;D

Yes, if training full body (except legs, of course) in 10 minutes and finishing it with protein shake and some posing in the locker room isn't hardcore, i don't know what is ???

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 04:21:25 AM »
Yes, if training full body (except legs, of course) in 10 minutes and finishing it with protein shake and some posing in the locker room isn't hardcore, i don't know what is ???

I guess he was training HIT style!

Legs are overrated, you can't see them anyways. (Hi Jimmy Phoenix)

Gym(in every country) is like a bar of spaceport in STAR WARS. Many kind of monster there ;)

great comment!! lol

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 04:21:45 AM »

You just described a day at the gym for the typical Getbigger  ;)
Z

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 04:32:11 AM »
Bet they are part of the team Nasser cell!
O

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 04:35:39 AM »
You just described a day at the gym for the typical Getbigger  ;)

haha, probably yes.

But don't forget, most people who post here haven't even seen a gym from the inside. They are here for the joy of watching half naked men oiled up on stage, not actually 'body building'.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 04:36:55 AM »
haha, probably yes.

But don't forget, most people who post here haven't even seen a gym from the inside. They are here for the joy of watching half naked men oiled up on stage, not actually 'body building'.

Yes and a joy it is!
Z

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 04:37:51 AM »
terrorists.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 04:37:57 AM »

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 04:45:28 AM »
is the funny part that you actually work out?  :P
Here comes the money shot

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 04:46:19 AM »
is the funny part that you actually work out?  :P

You doubted it?

Why? Because i don't post "Brutal gym ownings" and naked pics of myself all day?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 04:50:57 AM »
You doubted it?

Why? Because i don't post "Brutal gym ownings" and naked pics of myself all day?

Look out! He's trying to "own" you.
Z

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 04:55:38 AM »
Look out! He's trying to "own" you.

Oh thanks, Bluto!

I guess he did not have success.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 04:59:41 AM »

LOL. The above part was really nicely written, especially about the belly shame.  :D

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 05:00:34 AM »
You doubted it?

lol..no Sevastase has that covered

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 05:08:44 AM »
You got to love these hardcore guys, when it all fails just do curls, arabs love that shit, watch DK. they will never do cardio, just chest and bi's, and only for a month then they get to "busy" .no doubt they will wear singlets, tank tops or Under Armour
i've seen this all before, classic January Gym joiners...and that protein shake is really going to make a difference hahahaah

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 05:21:58 AM »
Oh thanks, Bluto!

I guess he did not have success.

It's the good old "you dont even work out" because in their minds going to the gym is quite the accomplisment when in reality it's just takes a little more effort than to go buy groceries.

So next time someone says "you dont even work out" you can exchange that for "you don't even buy groceries"  :-*

and then. you will be OWNED!
Z

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 05:32:56 AM »
It's the good old "you dont even work out" because in their minds going to the gym is quite the accomplisment when in reality it's just takes a little more effort than to go buy groceries.

So next time someone says "you dont even work out" you can exchange that for "you don't even buy groceries"  :-*

and then. you will be OWNED!

Thanks, i'll try that.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 05:47:40 AM »
You got to love these hardcore guys, when it all fails just do curls, arabs love that shit, watch DK. they will never do cardio, just chest and bi's, and only for a month then they get to "busy" .no doubt they will wear singlets, tank tops or Under Armour
i've seen this all before, classic January Gym joiners...and that protein shake is really going to make a difference hahahaah

hehe..I have been going to the same gym for about 3 years now off and on and there are guys there that haven't made 1 inch of progress. They are still carrying the excess BF and they never miss chest and bicep day..which is ofcourse naturally falls on Mondays and Fridays

and as you also pointed they never do cardio and are always drinking protein shakes

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 05:49:22 AM »
So you sat there and watched a fat guy standing naked drink a protien shake..... hahahah self ownage .....gayer than watching naked men hahaha
The Number 2 in Scranton

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 05:55:09 AM »

hehe..I have been going to the same gym for about 3 years now off and on and there are guys there that haven't made 1 inch of progress. They are still carrying the excess BF and they never miss chest and bicep day..which is ofcourse naturally falls on Mondays and Fridays

and as you also pointed they never do cardio and are always drinking protein shakes
we must train at the same gym, there a tonne of guys that train every fucken time im there and they have guts, not a little gut, big beer gut guys i dont get it, they fucken do the cycle class every chance its on, i've been going to the gym everyday now cause im on holidays and see things i dont usually see or noticed...

MILF'S at 9.30am -12.30pm I have a new found love for them now..and this is the time i train now.

I just dont get when people train for years and just get worse, dont there friends or partners say "stop wasting your time"

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 06:01:57 AM »
So you sat there and watched a fat guy standing naked drink a protien shake..... hahahah self ownage .....gayer than watching naked men hahaha

You sound like you've never been in a locker room.

First, you don't sit, you stand. Next thing is, it's impossible not to see people when the room has mirrors. Maybe if you're an insecure guy like yourself who stares at the ground and wants to be invisible to others, that is.