Author Topic: A 400 pound shirtless bench press by a 165 pound, 15 year old... right  (Read 25821 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: HAHHAA, JOELOCAL TELLS THE BIGGEST LIE I'VE EVER HEARD ON HERE!!!!
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2008, 05:45:28 PM »
do you remember the gym Fanatics?

Yes, Rick something's place on Las Tunas, it had a funny smell. Dude took renewals up 'til the day he closed shop, but Sue gave us all a huge 'Fuck Fanatics!' discount at Foothill. She was cool.

And Dennis was a tool.

joelocal

« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2008, 08:30:07 PM »
I'm going to get blasted for this and rightfully so. I was down at my mom's house tonight and tried to find something on my high school record, even though I couldn't find anything, I did call a friend that I do keep in contact with and asked him......even though I did think my record was 395.......he laughed and said I was full of shit, somehow he remembers better than me, but he said the previous record that was set by the guy I mentioned in a previous post was 340, he said that I did 365.......not 395. I was wrong.

joelocal

« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2008, 08:31:40 PM »
I knew Dr. Kerr and his kids (they were hot)...he used to live off of Roses Rd, right, or at least the kids did?

Lisa

Yes, Kerr lived in San Marino from what I recall.

joelocal

« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2008, 08:35:32 PM »
Yes, Rick something's place on Las Tunas, it had a funny smell. Dude took renewals up 'til the day he closed shop, but Sue gave us all a huge 'Fuck Fanatics!' discount at Foothill. She was cool.

And Dennis was a tool.

Yes, sue was cool, I remember when her and her husband divorced, I think thats when Hans and Molly came on, I think they eventually baught Foothill. Lisa, correct me if I'm wrong on that.

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2008, 08:56:32 PM »
I'm going to get blasted for this and rightfully so. I was down at my mom's house tonight and tried to find something on my high school record, even though I couldn't find anything, I did call a friend that I do keep in contact with and asked him......even though I did think my record was 395.......he laughed and said I was full of shit, somehow he remembers better than me, but he said the previous record that was set by the guy I mentioned in a previous post was 340, he said that I did 365.......not 395. I was wrong.

Sure ya did.

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2008, 08:58:41 PM »
And Dennis was a tool.

It was small and hardcore...i worked with Dennis at the Black Angus in the 80's and i remember him being one of the "bigger" guys around...not sure what he's up to. Hate the fact i remember he drove/drives? an El Camino.

Sue was a good woman although i did not go there when she owned Foothill. I walked in one evening to it check out and was totally intimidated so i left. I started going there when Hans owned it in 99' with the Sayegh's.

Yes, sue was cool, I remember when her and her husband divorced, I think thats when Hans and Molly came on, I think they eventually baught Foothill. Lisa, correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Yep, that's exactly how it went...Sue had hired Hans years before when he came here from Australia, living in Venice, meeting Molly...he used to clean the place, eventually becoming a trainer, and then buying it. The last i saw Sue was at Hans' funeral.

Lisa

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2008, 09:00:01 PM »
oh yeah, that's total BS. i meant the guy who said someone at his school hit over 500. 395@165 is beyond world class. that's the kind of thing that would get him sought after by colleges immediately.

Why?

joelocal

« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2008, 09:10:24 PM »
that's the kind of thing that would get him sought after by colleges immediately.

Ahhh....no, not even close. Maybe if I was 8" taller and 60lbs heavier, but then again a strong bench doesn't translate to skills.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #208 on: January 13, 2008, 09:37:07 PM »
Ahhh....no, not even close. Maybe if I was 8" taller and 60lbs heavier, but then again a strong bench doesn't translate to skills.

depends on the sport. wrestling? you'd be dynamite.

oh, well then. if your friend that you called said 365 then that's good enough for me! granted you couldn't find any proof, but if your friend will vouch that you got 365 i can't imagine anyone will doubt you now.

joelocal

« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2008, 09:08:22 AM »
Weighed in at 204 this morning and about 5mins ago pulled off a double @ 405 on the bench. Is that good :-)??

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2008, 09:19:28 AM »
Weighed in at 204 this morning and about 5mins ago pulled off a double @ 405 on the bench. Is that good :-)??

yep, like a vampire, no camera will pick this up.  It's like magic.
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

joelocal

« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2008, 09:23:53 AM »
Feel free to join me on my next chest day!!

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2008, 09:26:07 AM »
Feel free to join me on my next chest day!!

sorry, your training partner, the Easter Bunny, might not let me sit in.

Also it's a long drive to Fantasyland, so I think I'll pass.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #213 on: January 14, 2008, 09:26:33 AM »
Olympic Weight Lifting coaches would have been swarming around a kid who could bench 360 at 15.

I do not doubt your lift but with that strenght at such a young age you would have been Dynamite Olympic lifting.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

joelocal

« Reply #214 on: January 14, 2008, 09:28:43 AM »
Mad Nikles.....sure he would

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #215 on: January 14, 2008, 09:34:24 AM »
joelocal is going straight to hell.

joelocal

« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2008, 09:39:19 AM »
LOL....there are plenty of people on here who live close enough to me that can come down, that even better than a camera or youtube!!

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #217 on: January 14, 2008, 09:41:29 AM »
LOL....there are plenty of people on here who live close enough to me that can come down, that even better than a camera or youtube!!

yeah, but you could bribe them with money or a blowjob.

video doesn't lie.

joelocal

« Reply #218 on: January 14, 2008, 09:46:11 AM »
Bullshit, how many people on here of accused others of using fake plates?

Alex23, chaos, mindspin used to train here and probably knows the person who spotted me.....c'mon guys, I love a challenge...and arguing :)

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #219 on: January 14, 2008, 09:55:59 AM »
Bullshit, how many people on here of accused others of using fake plates?

Alex23, chaos, mindspin used to train here and probably knows the person who spotted me.....c'mon guys, I love a challenge...and arguing :)

hahahahahaha

yeah, you're listing all the dudes you've serviced now.  No dice.

joelocal

« Reply #220 on: January 14, 2008, 10:00:11 AM »
Once again I was willing to back my last claim, called your bluff and you're now making excuses....a live witness is better than anything.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2008, 10:47:37 AM »
Once again I was willing to back my last claim, called your bluff and you're now making excuses....a live witness is better than anything.

Can you beat G.R.I.D.S ?

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2008, 11:11:10 AM »

people lie.  like you did about your 395 bench at age 15, remember?  ;)

Also, people will get caught up in the moment and ignorre range of motion.  Chances are you moved those 405 pounds about an inch, got up, and flexed in the mirror, hotshot.

joelocal

« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2008, 11:13:22 AM »
people lie.  like you did about your 395 bench at age 15, remember?  ;)

Also, people will get caught up in the moment and ignorre range of motion.  Chances are you moved those 405 pounds about an inch, got up, and flexed in the mirror, hotshot.

Full ROM, ass didn't move off the bench.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2008, 11:17:20 AM »

i don't give a shit if you can move 365 or 405 now. you claimed to hit 395 (now 365) at 15, and then 535 as an adult.

unless we have a video of you throwing at least 455 up like candy "Full ROM, ass didn't move off the bench," then we're all going to assume you're full of crap. someone seeing you hit 365 or 405 now doesn't mean jack, i'd HOPE you can hit that much as a man with 20 years of lifting under his belt and a number of extra hormones at some point. i've only been lifting a few years without the "help" and have hit 365.

you look great man, quit hurting your image by throwing bullshit around or, to give you the benefit of the doubt, stories you can't back up.