Author Topic: jay cutler's beginner w.o. program? too hard for newbies?  (Read 2586 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
jay cutler's beginner w.o. program? too hard for newbies?
« on: January 11, 2008, 10:00:15 AM »
just bought cutler's ceomuscle book. interesting read. anyway, on his "beginners" workout program, he has you working out 4 days consecutively, then a day or two rest and then start again for 6 months, before you move on to is "intermediate" program.

i always thought beginners or people who have lifted for awhile were always supposed to workout like 3 days a week (mon,wed,fr) with a full body program for the first few months?

of course the cutler's beginning program does only have you working out 1 or 2 bodyparts per day,but still 4 days in a row of lifting? and what no full body program for the first few months at least?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: jay cutler's beginner w.o. program? too hard for newbies?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:07:47 AM »
Hi I'll move this to the training board then we can comment that and discuss beginner tips in general  :)
Z

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 10:12:08 AM »
just bought cutler's ceomuscle book. interesting read. anyway, on his "beginners" workout program, he has you working out 4 days consecutively, then a day or two rest and then start again for 6 months, before you move on to is "intermediate" program.

i always thought beginners or people who have lifted for awhile were always supposed to workout like 3 days a week (mon,wed,fr) with a full body program for the first few months?

of course the cutler's beginning program does only have you working out 1 or 2 bodyparts per day,but still 4 days in a row of lifting? and what no full body program for the first few months at least?

The problem with highly advanced "Athletes" giving hints to newbies is that these guys don't even know anymore how it is to workout without steroids, that you need a lot more rest at it makes no sense to train 4 days in a row for a natural. I also see this in the gym, where our trainer (competitor) gives 170 pd newbies workout plans with 32 sets for chest per week. Pathetic.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 10:25:30 AM »
I only workout twice a week.

☠ Order of Nephilim

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 10:56:50 AM »
i lift once a month, great for recovery time, u need to rest to grow

in case u were wondering

i'm just kiddin

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 11:06:15 AM »

you need to double that creampuff
L

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 11:34:22 AM »
i trained with jay when we were teenagers, he trained way harder back then. The 4 days straight isnt really bad if your sleeping/eating consistantly and enhanced. We used to be close in size and then jay turned it up a notch and it was lights out. Even to this day i havent acheived his first win size LOL...The man is a robot, he hasnt missed a single beat since then.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 01:03:26 PM »

Yes, we know this. You also don't train legs :)
X

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 02:08:15 PM »

and you dont work out legs as no one can see them as I recall...i hope your a gimmick and not a real person

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 02:28:40 PM »
Hardly take advice/info from people who were very gifted to begin with - those folks play along their own tunes.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 02:37:45 PM »

If you would like, you could get a full body workout from this board for the first 2-3 months.

And then jump on the Cutler intermediate.

a beg
As empty as paradise

pjs

• Getbig II
  • As I am
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 04:25:45 PM »

If it has you training 'bodyparts' as a beginner, it is crap.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 05:03:18 PM »
If it has you training 'bodyparts' as a beginner, it is crap.

But everyone knows training biceps is a MUST if you want to get the high quality snatch ;)