Author Topic: You meet someone new, they notice you lift, the first thing they say is.....  (Read 7130 times)

The Master

• Getbig V
You wouldn't live in a house if it wasn't built, manually.

The point was and still is: For Debussey, doing manual labour is a waste of time. Debussey has better things to spend its time doing, and would rather have someone else do the manual labour for it, in exchange for cash.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Hey man how much do you BENCH PRESS ( surprizingly not how much do you dead-lift or squat or shoulder press ) quickly followed by lets arm wrestle!

My girlfriend of 9 years has three younger sisters naturally they have all dated since they were 10 ( lack of father  ;D ) so I've heard this one quite a bit.

Anyone else got good ones?

This reminds me of just about every thread I've ever seen on MD

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
I look like regular Joe nowadays. When I actually lived a BB lifestyle age 17/18 people said funny things to me like " do you take steroids, creatine, how many eggs do you eat. My favouriite was "where did you get the muscles form?". I was never big. best shape was 198 at 8% which i could only hold for a few weeks. I didn't drink back then. Now like a lot of Irish i drink whenever i'm not at work so the gym and physique hit the road. Funny thing is when i now meet a big guy/Bb I ask him lots of questions prpobably just like any kid who asked me silly questions when i had muscles.
The Doc
The Dude Abides

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Manual labour = waste of time.

If you can get somebody to do it for you, then get them to do it.

lazy fuck

The Master

• Getbig V
lazy fuck

You might call it lazyness.

Debussey calls it "better allocation of ones time for max productivity".

Doing manual labour if one can spend ones time on much more productive pursuits that yields better results, is a waste of time.

Doing an honest days work of manual labour if this = your chosen thing, then fine. Doing manual labour instead of something much better just to be able to think that one = "not lazy" = stupidity.

Manual labour has no "idealistic" value in itself.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
When i was BIG it was all drugs and hardwork this was nearly 10 years ago when i was on a suicide run,i was at the gym doing lat pulldowns and i heard this guy say to his girlfreind "His all drugs" I thought how insightfull,"How much do you Benchpress"was common as was this skinny kid allways following me around asking questions this skinny kid became a freind to cut a story short and is now at Pro level size 10 years later, hes on everything but has a lucrative job in private high end security and gets asked ridiculous questions now he goes to the gym with headphones and ignores everyone ;D

Im small at 280 most of it love handles and natural how times change as do priorities as you grow older and wiser.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
I always get this at the gym,, someone comes over and says, "your pretty big,,can you give me a spot." , then they try and tell me about their workout and diet and the next day I try and not make eye contact with them because now they wanna talk and try to be my friend,, all i want to do is just workout.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
  I usually just get mobbed by the female members wanting sex.

The Master

• Getbig V
  I usually just get mobbed by the female members wanting sex.

With the promise of doing "manual labour" on them, you can get far ;D

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won

"you look good now anything bigger and you wont look good"

hahah, yea thats a good, one, everyone always offers up that gem as if you care about their opinion.

I always get, my boyfriend used to look like you.

dov

• Getbig IV
My girlfriend of 9 years has three younger sisters
wow..9 years? glad to see you not succomb to the pressures of society :)

Army of One

• Getbig V
I always get "how can this be, I always heard that steroids shrunk your cock"

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Hey man how much do you BENCH PRESS ( surprizingly not how much do you dead-lift or squat or shoulder press ) quickly followed by lets arm wrestle!

My girlfriend of 9 years has three younger sisters naturally they have all dated since they were 10 ( lack of father  ;D ) so I've heard this one quite a bit.

Your gf is nine years old???? SICK BASTARD!!!

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
Whats wrong with that?  ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Whats wrong with that?  ;D

how's your chinese today? Don't make your momma cry, look into the books some more.  ;D

JasonH

• Getbig V

I always get "you look like your good at the rolling thunder".

True story.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver

or you get ''wow you work out'' and then they try to give you advise but they have no idea of what their talking about or they look like shit, overweight, skinny
are you delusional?

JasonH

• Getbig V
or you get ''wow you work out'' and then they try to give you advise but they have no idea of what their talking about or they look like shit, overweight, skinny

True, or you get the little lecture about how their cousin/friend/cat/dog used to train but then stopped and all that muscle "turned into" fat.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
I get, "I'll call you the next time I need some heavy lifting done."

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
 ;)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
X

laurion

• Getbig III

;D ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
When i was BIG it was all drugs and hardwork this was nearly 10 years ago when i was on a suicide run,i was at the gym doing lat pulldowns and i heard this guy say to his girlfreind "His all drugs" I thought how insightfull,"How much do you Benchpress"was common as was this skinny kid allways following me around asking questions this skinny kid became a freind to cut a story short and is now at Pro level size 10 years later, hes on everything but has a lucrative job in private high end security and gets asked ridiculous questions now he goes to the gym with headphones and ignores everyone ;D

Im small at 280 most of it love handles and natural how times change as do priorities as you grow older and wiser.
epic "back in the day i was a monster" bullshit.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!

That is what I thought when I first read this!!

What are you doing dating 10 year olds?!? They dont even have a pube on their little box yet.  :-\

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
"do you workout"

most just sneak peeks when they think i'm not looking 8)

E
E