Author Topic: How do you make money?  (Read 30021 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: How do you make money?
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2008, 08:35:43 PM »
true... the 'wealthy' will just shift money around to compensate.  invest in new things and cash in on the opportunities that arise as a result of the change.

but the 'rich' - the folks who have a lot of $ but a lot of bills, and couldn't survive 6 months if their income stopped tomorrow - they will be hit hard. 

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2008, 08:40:42 PM »
I'm a  certified personal trainer, specializing in bodybuilding, fitness and figure competitors...I can do wonders with fat desperate housewives...
I have a Bachelors degree in Fitness Program Management, with minors in Sport Psychology and Nutrition...Not bad for a previous "big girl"   According to the height/weight charts, I'm still obese at 12% bodyfat....giggle

joelocal

« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2008, 09:33:17 PM »
That's a pretty big monthly nut.  Didn't you just buy that place a few months ago?

Yes, actually we closed in late November, the place was offered to me by my landlord, I had already lived in it for 4 years, it's 2 units, upper and lower, my landlords lived in the top unit. They asked me first before they put it on the market, since I never was late with rent, at times payed a few months in advance they figured I would have been a good buyer. My credit was flawed from my divorce, but pretty much cleaned it up, they applied a portion of my rents for the past 4 years to my down payment and I came up with more, that brought my payment within 30% of my income to qualify, even though it's a big payment, it's within my income qualifications and really not that bad for what I got.

We are going to remodel and rent the other unit out, that will cut may payment almost in half.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2008, 09:36:59 PM »
lol... let me clarify... hilary/obama will cut those wealthy people tax breaks that joelocal has enjoyed for the last 7 years.  Not only will this cost him an extra 5% come tax time, but it will take a bite out the disposable income of his high-income clients as well.  

Rich people have gotten a lot richer during the Bush years.  If I was rich, I'd probably be loving it too lol...

That is how it is with republicans.They teach you that in High School Gov. class. But then at the other end of the totum pole the Democrats want to give too much money to free loaders. It's almost a lose/lose situation. WE NEED A KING!! :P

joelocal

« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2008, 09:38:46 PM »
Republicans earn wealth......Dems launder it!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2008, 09:39:46 PM »

explain

Blue collar workers EARN the wealth that the white collar executives spend.

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2008, 09:39:58 PM »
   That is how it is with republicans.They teach you that in High School Gov. class. But then at the other end of the totum pole the Democrats want to give too much money to free loaders. It's almost a lose/lose situation. WE NEED A KING!! :P
Okay, Alex23 for King........I thought this site was for anything but politics....

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2008, 09:41:00 PM »
Okay, Alex23 for King........I thought this site was for anything but politics....

NO. It was my idea so I should be KING.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2008, 09:55:13 PM »
Yes, actually we closed in late November, the place was offered to me by my landlord, I had already lived in it for 4 years, it's 2 units, upper and lower, my landlords lived in the top unit. They asked me first before they put it on the market, since I never was late with rent, at times payed a few months in advance they figured I would have been a good buyer. My credit was flawed from my divorce, but pretty much cleaned it up, they applied a portion of my rents for the past 4 years to my down payment and I came up with more, that brought my payment within 30% of my income to qualify, even though it's a big payment, it's within my income qualifications and really not that bad for what I got.

We are going to remodel and rent the other unit out, that will cut may payment almost in half.

good for you.  I thought I remember you mentioning that it was multiple units.

btw - if you're going to make generalizations about repubs vs. dems you should acknowledge that the republicans are usually the white collar criminals and the dems, by and large tend to be middle class wage earners (i.e paid on a W-2 and live paycheck to paycheck).

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2008, 09:57:34 PM »
Quote from: Straw Man link=topic=194633.msg2686016#msg2686016 date=1200203713go

btw - if you're going to make generalizations about repubs vs. dems you should acknowledge that the republicans are usually the white collar criminals and the dems, by and large tend to be middle class wage earners (i.e paid on a W-2 and live paycheck to paycheck).

THANK YOU!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2008, 10:02:31 PM »

The current republican administration is responsible increasing the size of the government and the federal budget to levels never seen under a democratic administration.  On top of that they've granted hundreds of billions of $$$ is COST PLUS - NO BID CONTRACTS which is insane by anyones measure.

Imagine - someone hires you to do some job and intead of requiring you to stay on budget or even better incentivizing you to come in under budget they tell you don't worry about the cost and in fact structure it in such a way that the higher the cost the more $$$ of profit you make.    Also, the contract is given to you without putting it out to bid to other vendors.   It's fucking insane and it's your money and my money that's being wasted (and devalued).  

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2008, 10:44:17 PM »
What you have described there is a time and materials arrangement.  Under a cost plus contract, the longer it takes to do the job, the lower the hourly profit since the "plus" is a fixed amount.

The current republican administration is responsible increasing the size of the government and the federal budget to levels never seen under a democratic administration.  On top of that they've granted hundreds of billions of $$$ is COST PLUS - NO BID CONTRACTS which is insane by anyones measure.

Imagine - someone hires you to do some job and intead of requiring you to stay on budget or even better incentivizing you to come in under budget they tell you don't worry about the cost and in fact structure it in such a way that the higher the cost the more $$$ of profit you make.    Also, the contract is given to you without putting it out to bid to other vendors.   It's fucking insane and it's your money and my money that's being wasted (and devalued).   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2008, 11:26:45 PM »
What you have described there is a time and materials arrangement.  Under a cost plus contract, the longer it takes to do the job, the lower the hourly profit since the "plus" is a fixed amount.

is that the same with govt. contracts with open ended commitments.  I'm talking specifically about military contractors.  I'm not an expert on this stuff so all I know is what I read on the internet, media, etc..

I'm pretty sure there are "cost plus" contracts where the profit is proportional to the expense.  This is why the contractor has no reason to prevent waste

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2008, 04:36:25 AM »
yeah   strictly cash business huh?   ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2008, 05:40:30 AM »
the nat'l debt in 2000 was 4.5 trillion.

Today it's 9 trillion.

I guess you can blame clinton for doubling it, if you want.  Bush was president the whole time though.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2008, 06:41:57 AM »

Today it's 9 trillion.

I guess you can blame clinton for doubling it, if you want.  Bush was president the whole time though.

Remember...Joe voted for Clinton. :)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2008, 07:19:35 AM »

Today it's 9 trillion.

wonder where it will be at when they finally stop the two wars?
X

Jussup

• Getbig II
« Reply #167 on: January 13, 2008, 07:23:17 AM »
@SF1900:
How much can you make as a clinic psychologist, Phd in the US per year? Also opposed to MDs offering psychotherapy?
In Germany it really sucks, not worth all the years... I left clinical psychology and focused on business psychology and will hopefully get my master within the next two months and then start a job in an HR department of a global player. Not bad, but I don't get rich this way either...

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2008, 07:23:49 AM »
Debussey does not earn money. Debussey = lives in its parents basement, is unemployed, have no education, no plans for education. Debussey plays PS2 all day long, while eating prozac + chips to ease off the depression.

Are you Derek Anthony?

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2008, 07:46:14 AM »
books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2008, 08:11:47 AM »
How do you make money?

No one would believe me anyway, so why answer the question?

Let's just keep it simple and say I live in my parents' basement, flip burgers when not collecting welfare, and play video games all day long, just like all getbiggers.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: January 13, 2008, 08:14:53 AM »

Let's just keep it simple and say I live in my parents' basement, flip burgers when not collecting welfare, and play video games all day long, just like all getbiggers.  ::)
impossible, no one would hire you to do something with as much responsibility as flipping burgers and you can't afford a video game system.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2008, 08:16:34 AM »

Don't forget  training to become a cage fighter.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2008, 08:18:16 AM »
   Don't forget  training to become a cage fighter.

Yeah, that too!  :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2008, 08:25:24 AM »
I'm a doctor. Training in general surgery. I'd be a resident if I worked in the US. basic sallary is reasonable but you have to work a lot of overtime so take home pay pretty good.
the Doc :)
The Dude Abides