Author Topic: Bodybuilders With AIDS  (Read 29092 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Bodybuilders With AIDS
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2008, 10:25:04 AM »
Not a bodybuilder but pretends to be ;D

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2008, 11:01:09 AM »
Matt C is simply forgetting the spiking incidence rates, by claiming it's easier to attract HIV as woman or via needles.

facts are that in the netherlands HIV is on the rise, bigtime, the fact that it's an even steeper increase among gay men, doesn't diminish the  HIV problem among heterosexuals. Campaigns are important for both groups.

and btw Matt, singeling out one 'ad homunum' reply and cry wolf while you ignore sensible replies isn't exactly proper debating ettiquette. 

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2008, 11:03:20 AM »
Not a bodybuilder but pretends to be ;D

onlymen,

you weigh 400 pounds, and you're at least 30% bodyfat.

the fact that you choose to rip on athletic people, when you're carrying 150 pounds of bodyfat, is frightening.   
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2008, 11:08:33 AM »

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2008, 11:13:25 AM »
Getting back to the title of the thread, there are many competition bodybuilders with HIV.   While taking all those meds every day is no fun, for many HIV is a manageable disease.    I have many friends who have been HIV positive for over 20 years, and are doing fine.   

I'd be willing to bet that at a competition like the NPC Nationals or USAs, where there are hundreds of competitors, at least a dozen of them are HIV positive.

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2008, 11:17:56 AM »
Getting back to the title of the thread, there are many competition bodybuilders with HIV.   While taking all those meds every day is no fun, for many HIV is a manageable disease.    I have many friends who have been HIV positive for over 20 years, and are doing fine.   

I'd be willing to bet that at a competition like the NPC Nationals or USAs, where there are hundreds of competitors, at least a dozen of them are HIV positive.

HIV drugs are quite a break through.  It is unfortunte that they are not as effective as we hoped they would be.  Many strains are resistant to them.  Here is another video that explains. 

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2008, 11:23:28 AM »
I found this clip on HIV to be remarkably informative.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2008, 11:52:29 AM »
After seeing Nasser's recent pictures one can only wonder which bodybuilders have AIDS.  His body has shrunk big time and I suspect that his homosexual lifestyle has caught up with him.

Those pics can't be real...

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2008, 12:02:54 PM »
I apologize for my tone.  I am normally a huge advocate of Dale Carnegie's rules in "How to Win Friends & Influence People", but every now and then I find it useless to even follow those guidelines (debating a young earth creationist for example, which is impossible no matter how nice you are).  Link to the book:

http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671723650

When I know I'm trying to debate controversial topics and people will just mock whatever I say anyway, I'm tempted to just be a jerk.  It never happened here until recently.  Controversial topic: recycling is bullshit, but I can prove that to you.

I guess the point is, the people who are on your side will be on your side regardless of your tone - but to sway the people on the other side, or on the middle of the fence, it's better to follow Carnegie's numerous approaches, which I usually do.

PS - here is a link to the documentary that Groink pointed out!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-266890172132861595

Exactly - it is a very manageable disease.  I am not sure if comparing it to diabetes would be accurate, but they both are quite manageable (albeit on different levels).
Bodybuilding Pro.com

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2008, 12:48:13 PM »
When I know I'm trying to debate controversial topics and people will just mock whatever I say anyway, I'm tempted to just be a jerk

You expressed that you were offended by a billboard campaign that showed an average looking woman with the caption "Do you recognize the face of AIDS?"     A major cause of the world's problems is that we like to divide the world into "them" vs "us".  It is easy to dismiss other people's problems when you see them as a "them".  It is easy to start wars with people when you see them as a "them".   It is harder to do when you see them as part of "us". 

Regarding HIV and AIDS, you've decided what is a "them" and you are offended that the billboard is showing an example that doesn't fit your definition.  The ad campaign was accurate.  There are many people who don't fit your definition of who has HIV.   I'm sure someone you know has HIV and just hasn't shared it with you.

While the rate of transmission for some specific act may be 1 in 2000, you can still be infected the very first time.   And there are many other diseases that are transmitted via unprotected sex, some are incurable and can lead to death, such as Hep-C.     Anything that makes you re-access the risk before you act is not a bad thing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2008, 12:52:52 PM »
lol... there are like 3 people on my street who recycle.

They have this giant truck drive down the street, manned by 3 people (hourly employees) who collect the contents of the blue buckets.  Then it goes to a recyc facility with who knows what costs...

Does saving this material offset the environmental damage and taxpayer cost of the 3 workers and their very large recycling truck?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2008, 12:54:30 PM »
You expressed that you were offended by a billboard campaign that showed an average looking woman with the caption "Do you recognize the face of AIDS?"     A major cause of the world's problems is that we like to divide the world into "them" vs "us".  It is easy to dismiss other people's problems when you see them as a "them".  It is easy to start wars with people when you see them as a "them".   It is harder to do when you see them as part of "us". 

Regarding HIV and AIDS, you've decided what is a "them" and you are offended that the billboard is showing an example that doesn't fit your definition.  The ad campaign was accurate.  There are many people who don't fit your definition of who has HIV.   I'm sure someone you know has HIV and just hasn't shared it with you.

While the rate of transmission for some specific act may be 1 in 2000, you can still be infected the very first time.   And there are many other diseases that are transmitted via unprotected sex, some are incurable and can lead to death, such as Hep-C.     Anything that makes you re-access the risk before you act is not a bad thing.

yeah, if I were ever to become single again, I'd require all the girls I get to just stop at the clinic on the way to our date, and bring their results with them.  Many girls today are whores.  And guys are much bigger whores.  And the internet has allowed whores to mingle more easily.

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2008, 12:58:39 PM »

whoouzaa! this struck a cord!

HIV/aids is increasing rapidly among heterosexuals, reasons are nonchalance in regards to safe sex. campagne IS needed! and safe sex.

Exactly, I don't know why Matt C Melted so badly about this, any thoughts?

Maybe his father has Bad Aids (Gay sex induced) rather than good AIDS (Drugs etc) and he is tetchy

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2008, 04:14:35 PM »
   Although I don't agree with his delivery, the spirit of Matt's message is right when it comes to this.  He's also right in assuming that no one was going to post actual information countering his.  HIV is a predominately homosexual, syringe drug user, female virus.  The liklihood of a man getting it through heterosexual vaginal intercourse is slim to almost none.  Right now everyone is on this "sterilyze everything, kill everything with antibiotics, and test yourself for every disease concievable every two seconds as the minimum requirement to be considered a responsible human being" kick...and it's not necessary, efficient, economical, AND DEFINITELY NOT HEALTHY.  
    Another thing, very many heterosexual males get it(like so many others) through different avenuees: Few people have HIV, but millions upon millions have herpes-which is an open sore.  In all liklihood, the guys you hear about like Magic who probably slept with hundreds if not thousands of women didn't get it through regular vaginal intercouse.  It's almost impossible that he doens't have herpes, having slept with that many women; and it's likely also that with that many women, he ran into a few with HIV during an outbreak.  He could also have been having anal sex, which changes the whole ball game.  
   This whole HIV/AIDS scare has been blown way out of proportion.  And on top of that, now that the virus has turned 25, there are actually a good number of groups of people popping up who are not following the traditional HIV=AIDS=Death paradigm-like the Kenyan prostitutes and small pockets of people living in the States off meds and living exceptionally clean lives.  I've heard that The Other Side of Aids is a good documentary, and I know that Dr. Duesberg(prof. at UCLA) has done some great, but controversial work.
r u saying HIV in africa are homosexual, syringe drug user and female?  how many aids cases in all of africa now?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2008, 04:38:41 PM »
I've heard that The Other Side of Aids is a good documentary, and I know that Dr. Duesberg(prof. at UCLA) has done some great, but controversial work.

first, Duseberg is at UC Berkeley, not UCLA.  second, his views about AIDS, that "the various AIDS epidemics of the US, Europe and Africa have chemical bases, namely toxic, recreational drugs, DNA-chain terminators prescribed as anti-HIV drugs and malnutrition", are not accepted by the scientific and medical community.  there is plenty of evidence that HIV causes AIDS, and that people who take anti-HIV meds have lower viral loads in their bloodstream and stay healthy longer.  and third, he has long since moved onto other topics, now specializing in carcinogenesis.

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2008, 04:46:57 PM »
To maintain his physique, Pradipkumar eats 20 eggs and drinks 10 litres of milk daily.

2.5 to 3 gallons of milk every day?

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2008, 04:49:50 PM »
Does saving this material offset the environmental damage and taxpayer cost of the 3 workers and their very large recycling truck?

if everyone did their fucking part and recycled it'd be a no-brainer  ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2008, 04:54:22 PM »
Tom Prince looks an aids patient these days.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2008, 05:43:15 PM »

Yes, this is all correct.  More specifically, my problem is that virtually all of the propaganda I've seen seems to be directed towards heterosexuals, or at the very least, is non-specific.  In my opinion, it is more efficient, economical, and in the interest of public health to target the demographics most affected by illness.  Safe sex is always a good idea, although most STDs which a heterosexual male has the greatest chance of contracting through vaginal sex are curable.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2008, 06:06:06 PM »
i can only figure one reason: it's because they're trying to incite a sympathetic response.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2008, 06:16:29 PM »
Safe sex is always a good idea, although most STDs which a heterosexual male has the greatest chance of contracting through vaginal sex are curable.

Hep-C, herpes, and HPV are not.

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2008, 06:51:07 PM »

whatever

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2008, 07:07:46 PM »

Yes, but ultimately the most likely sexual transmitted infections for a heterosexual male are bacterial in nature.  The odds for the ones you mentioned, while higher than HIV, are not the almost guarantee bacterial STIs are.  I am concerned about about chlamydia and gonorrhea and as well as herpes et al., to have safe sex, but I am not particularly concerned about HIV, although I do acknowledge it is a possibility, but not a likely one in my mind.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2008, 07:18:28 PM »
Yes, but ultimately the most likely sexual transmitted infections for a heterosexual male are bacterial in nature.  The odds for the ones you mentioned, while higher than HIV, are not the almost guarantee bacterial STIs are.  I am concerned about about chlamydia and gonorrhea and as well as herpes et al., to have safe sex, but I am not particularly concerned about HIV, although I do acknowledge it is a possibility, but not a likely one in my mind.

;)

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2008, 07:31:23 PM »
;)

LOL!!  Epic attempt to own me while posting a failed link!
Bodybuilding Pro.com