Author Topic: STEROIDS!!!!!! OHHHH THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3537 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
STEROIDS!!!!!! OHHHH THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: January 15, 2008, 07:37:51 AM »
parents keep little Johnny away from these dangerous "drugs", use of them leads to increased muscle mass, better physical appearance, increased physical strength, increased discipline and mental constitution, increased attractiveness to the opposite sex, increased sense of well being and these should be AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS!!!! everything should be done to keep little Johnny on the road to becoming the typical 43 year old skinny/fat 182 pound middle aged weak ass fool who can't bench 135 for more than 2 shaky reps and sits and watches football on the couch all weekend drinking Coors light.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
Re: STEROIDS!!!!!! OHHHH THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 07:39:52 AM »
Not responsible parents.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 07:40:02 AM »
  Fail.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 07:40:33 AM »
parents keep little Johnny away from these dangerous "drugs", use of them leads to increased muscle mass, better physical appearance, increased physical strength, increased discipline and mental constitution, increased attractiveness to the opposite sex, increased sense of well being and these should be AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS!!!! everything should be done to keep little Johnny on the road to becoming the typical 43 year old skinny/fat 182 pound middle aged weak ass fool who can't bench 135 for more than 2 shaky reps and sits and watches football on the couch all weekend drinking Coors light.

Hahaha OK 'Squadfather' ::), I bet you're one of those guys who takes steroids like Creatine

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 07:41:48 AM »
hahahaa, they've got these "steroid hearings" on TV and it's hilarious to watch all these toothpick middle aged "senators" rail on steroids like it's the end of the world.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 07:43:28 AM »
you juice juicefather?
Z

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 07:51:47 AM »
you juice juicefather?
ok 'shovelface'
L

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 07:59:25 AM »
maybe they don't like the sideeffects? ;D
tank u jesus

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 08:04:50 AM »
No,maybe they are grand standing in an election year to show they are tough on crime.Funny,though,not one of those gutless cowards have uttered ONE single word about congressman Patrick Kennedys third stint in drug rehab.Oh yes,I forgot,do as I say not as I do.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 08:07:20 AM »
Z

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 08:20:48 AM »
I say to each their own.   Wanna juice?   Then juice.   If a person dies at 30 or lives to 100 I don't care.....just make sure you did what you wanted in the time you had.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 08:27:27 AM »

Haha word bro.

It's funny how the media can influence the opinions of the average person.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 08:29:58 AM »
Hahaha brutal truth.

will938

• Getbig III
  • No Bull!
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 09:47:17 AM »
Squad, I'm with you on this! sending someone to prison for possession of steroids! absolutely pointless >:(
Team Efferding

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 09:56:48 AM »
I've started 2 weeks ago, and already I'm a danger to myself and society. I beat my wife, I beat small rodents, I beat myself mercilessly. Just a few more dbol and I will be ready for my first TapOut shirt. Had to grow into that size XS, baby.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 10:09:27 AM »
Senators!!!

Like I said in another thread, their mandate is to run the affairs of the nation, not to meddle in the lives of private citizens!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 10:13:00 AM »
these senators are just bittered about this subject because they never had the guts to put a needle in their scrawny asses themselves.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 11:09:20 AM »
And give him advil and asperin and tylenol when he is not feeling well which are much much much more toxic instead.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 11:22:46 AM »
hahah you could hear the bitterness in their voices when they questioned the baseball players. Revenge of The Nerds. The whole thing is a waste of time and resources. Do steroids have any side effects? "Yes, there main side effect is greatness." hahahah

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 11:23:47 AM »
I say to each their own.   Wanna juice?   Then juice.   If a person dies at 30 or lives to 100 I don't care.....just make sure you did what you wanted in the time you had.

typical opinion of a juice head!!
Z

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 11:29:45 AM »
I really have not followed the steroid issue in the news, but I have a question:

The govt keeps cracking down on steroids, etc. Do you think that they are using the sport stars as an example, to hopefully stop the people from selling it? I would think that the govt does not care as much about personal use as the intent to distribute. Kind of with any drug. You want to kill yourself, thats fine. But, once you assume the role of someone that might distribute, that takes on a whole different meaning. Perhaps coming down on the sport stars is just a way to scare the dealers off.

Like I said, I really do not follow this issue or know the law very well, so any opinions/thoughts/suggestion?

ps- saved by the bell is back on tv :)

X

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 11:31:46 AM »
Counterpoints to some common arguments
— Charles Leroux
January 15, 2008

Dr. Norman Fost has ticked through his arguments against the objections to steroid use often enough that he can do it by rote, stopping only when his listener says something that indicates he gets Fost's point. Then he stops, smiles, points an index finger and says, "Bingo."

Steroids give an unfair advantage. "There are a lot of things in sports that are unfair. In some football games, my beloved Badgers offensive line may outweigh opponents by 60 pounds. That's unfair. It is hypocritical for leaders in Major League Baseball to trumpet their concern about fair competition when one team [the Yankees] is allowed to have a payroll three times larger than most of its competitors.

"Steroids are unfair only if there's unequal access. Removing the ban would give equal access, Also, as long as they are banned, steroids will come from people making them in their bathtubs, no clinical trials as to safety, no oversight of manufacturing process, no long-term studies. If steroids are harmful over the long term, that would be good to know, but under the current conditions, we may never find out."

Athletes are coerced into using steroids. "That would mean there's the use of force or a threat of deprivation. Steroids are an offer to be better off than you are, just as signing up with a professional team is an opportunity to be better off than you are. In the first year of testing in 2003, with the results anonymous and with no penalties, about 6 percent were found to be using steroids but 94 percent were not. If there was coercion, it wasn't working."

Steroids are unnatural. "Testosterone is made by the body. It's the most natural of all steroids. The rest are synthetic. Yet testosterone is the one steroid that we know does cause cancer and therefore is no longer used. Sport hasn't been 'natural' since the first naked Olympian put on sandals. A Nautilus machine isn't natural. Should athletes train only by lifting rocks?"

Steroid use undermines the integrity of the sport. "That's the Bob Costas argument about the validity of records. There already is no validity in comparing athletes era to era. In baseball, the mound is lower, the ball livelier, the fences lower, the sizes of the fields and the rules of play are different. And what do you do about Coors Field?"

Columnist George Will wrote: "Sport — and a society that takes it seriously — would be debased if it did not strictly forbid things that blur the distinction between the triumph of character and the triumph of pharmacology."

"Did Barry Bonds undermine the integrity of baseball?" Fost asked rhetorically. "Well, the fans didn't seem to think so." And, a listener noted, the home run race between McGuire and Sosa is widely credited with bringing fans back after the strike.

"Bingo," Fost said.

Steroid users are bad role models for kids. "I'm more concerned about sexual assault, drunk driving and other things kids see some athletes doing."

What about Lyle Alzado? "That question seems to come up every time I do an interview," Fost said. Lyle Alzado, a star defensive end in the NFL, became the poster boy for the dangers of taking steroids because of his death from brain cancer at age 42, a cancer he claimed was brought on by steroid use. So compelling was his story that, now, 16 years after his death, many Web sites about him conclude by saying: "Cause of death: Brain cancer brought on by excessive steroid use." "But there's not a shred of evidence to prove that connection," Fost said. "He was the poster boy for the wrong thing."

More from Fost here:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/chi-0115steroids_fostjan15,0,2159614.story
R

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 11:38:04 AM »

Excellent POST, baby STella!
?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 11:44:04 AM »
Excellent POST, baby STella!
The article (in the link) is pretty interesting too

excerpt

"You have 400,000 deaths a year due to tobacco and tens of thousands of alcohol-related deaths, a substance heavily promoted by Major League Baseball, yet the president and Congress and the press have virtually nothing to say about tobacco and alcohol in athletics, but lots to say about steroids. A football player spending more than three years in the NFL has an 80 to 90 percent chance, according to one study, of some permanent disability, but the NFL produces films focusing on the most vicious hits. The dangers to health in sports today come not from enhancement but the sport itself."

R

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 12:03:03 PM »
hahahaa, they've got these "steroid hearings" on TV and it's hilarious to watch all these toothpick middle aged "senators" rail on steroids like it's the end of the world.

all these steroids talk in the media lately is getting out of hand. now, they're accusing some hip-hop stars of using the stuff, what is this world coming to..hahaha. I bet every pencil neck outthere who weighs no more than a buck fifty five soaking wet with a little definition is on steroids...hahahah..thos e senators should be burned
Get Big, or Die Trying