Author Topic: no more meat for me  (Read 8182 times)

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Re: no more meat for me
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2008, 05:40:27 PM »
All you meat eaters can look forward to this:

http://www.cancerbackup.org.uk/QAs/BowelcancerQAs/AllQAs/related_faqs/QAs/108

Not if you keep a good amount of fruit and veg in your diet along with the meat

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2008, 05:41:36 PM »
Not if you keep a good amount of fruit and veg in your diet along with the meat

Wouldn't it just be smarter to eat less meat and more vegetable protein.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2008, 05:43:35 PM »
Wouldn't it just be smarter to eat less meat and more vegetable protein.

Maybe, but not nearly as enjoyable  :)

I also use a George Foreman....hope it helps!  :D

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2008, 05:56:48 PM »
I eat a lot more fish than red meat and plenty of tofu.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2008, 06:00:33 PM »
I eat a lot more fish than red meat and plenty of tofu.

Sounds like an idea

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2008, 06:26:53 PM »
You've got to hand it to Figgs for following his interests.  Not many guys his age are going to quote Ghandi or enjoy Thoreau.

Just don't get too ascetic too young Figgs.  Wisdom and religion are for the old.  Don't write off the passions of youth for a few more years yet.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2008, 06:30:42 PM »
Vegans are all useless fags who should be shot.

Hope this helps!
Ron: "I am lazy."

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2008, 06:42:44 PM »

for every 3 that you eat. im going to shoot 6

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2008, 08:45:13 PM »
You've got to hand it to Figgs for following his interests.  Not many guys his age are going to quote Ghandi or enjoy Thoreau.

Just don't get too ascetic too young Figgs.  Wisdom and religion are for the old.  Don't write off the passions of youth for a few more years yet.

Thank you. Your words shake me a bit because I look back at past and I was a real crazy kid and a rebel. I had dropped religious belief at 8 years old while in Catholic school. I remember pestering my parents and teachers about proving how God exists. I did crazy shit like in 4th grade when I drew St. Joseph smoking a joint and all the animals surrounding him doing various other drugs (i remember coke sniffing bunnies at his feet). My teacher didn't appreciate my art. Eventually they had enough of me and I got kicked out. I enjoyed a lot of my youth and had a few tough times but I made up for it. What I'm getting at with that is that I've always been seeking truth and I finally found it with all this learning that I've been doing recently which I express through my posts every now and then.

I hope I always have a passionate curiosity, but your post really makes me realize that all this time I'm spending learning about life and all is in turn taking away from the fun of still being young. Goddamn, I havn't gotten shitfaced in weeks...
~

SaleenS7525T

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2008, 08:48:44 PM »
I learned a little about that. The point is, our brains evolved way beyond our ability to adapt. We have nearly an entire hemisphere unexplored. So the meat eating did it's job, if that's indeed what it did. There seems to be no particular demand for meats at this point.

Yeah, I agree. I was just throwing that our there. Good luck with vegetarianism.

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2008, 09:13:41 PM »
Yeah, I agree. I was just throwing that our there. Good luck with vegetarianism.

Another interesting one is the role psychedelic drugs had on our evolution. Shrooms, peyote, pot, mescaline, DMT, etc., must've had some profound effects on our monkey ancestors who first discovered them.
~

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2008, 04:57:24 AM »

Yes Figgs may be young here, but for sure he is an old soul.  Things become clarified by experience.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2008, 05:01:47 AM »
I think I'd be a hypocrite, talking about it being time for mankind to evolve all the time and sharply criticizing our culture while participating in the totally unnecessary mass slaughter of our planet's good creatures, whom all they want in life is to live out their lives as their instincts would have it. Humans aren't even designed to eat meats. We're more engineered to eat meat as something of a delicasy. We have flat teeth that can't tear much and long and complex digestive systems that are built to digest vegetables and things of the sort. I don't mean to advertise the bible or anything but it made some good points, one being when "God" said that all foods with seeds is ours to eat however much you like, or something like that. Christians are welcome to correct me. God never mentioned meat.

I've been learning about the wonderful diet opportunities that vegetarian foods offer. And I'm only in the infancy of knowing about its potential. I've been learning about the "rainbow diet" where you eat as much a variety of colorful foods, each color having different nutritional values and also I find the symbolism in natures food to be most intriguing. Walnuts looks like a brain and are good for your brain. Kidney beans are good for your kidneys. celery and other veggies shaped like bones are good for your bones. carrots, cut in half look like eyes with pupils. Figs grow in pairs and are good for semen production. Plus, I absolutely love vegetables and always have been, but I eat meat every single day.

Who wants to join me? Who already has?
pussy ;)

bench

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2008, 05:04:08 AM »
I eliminated beef and pork last year...ate chicken and fish...now this year i've eliminated chicken..and eat sustainable fish...good for you figgs..

footloose and fancy free

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2008, 05:53:33 AM »