Author Topic: The 50 Worst People of 2007  (Read 6711 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: The 50 Worst People of 2007
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2008, 04:05:31 PM »
Blix welcomes accelerated cooperation by Iraq, but says unresolved issues remain

7 March 2003 – Top United Nations weapons inspector Hans Blix told the Security Council today that over the past month Iraq has displayed "active" or even "proactive" cooperation, which has allowed the inspection process to make significant progress, although a number of key disarmament tasks remained to be resolved.
http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=6383&Cr=iraq&Cr1=inspect

But Brixtonbullshitter was in Iraq and he headed the inspection team so I believe him over those stupid scientists.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2008, 04:14:41 PM »
I'd say throw out all entertainers (who cares) and include those people who are truly a blight on the human race.

I haven't read this entire thread but there is no justificaction for including "the troops" on this list and I'm definitely not seeing the satire.  

No doubt Iraq is a mess but that's the sole fault of the idiots who planned this (Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfewitz, etc..), starting with the fact that they've been planning this for years before Bush was even Prez.  For fucks sake you think they could have done just a little bit better job

They should also include the financial engineerts who created the Structured Invesment Vehicles/Collateralized Debt Obligations that are responsible for the sub-prime mess
I don't see satire either.  I see quasi-effeminate sarcasm...like the sort you may find in a fashion magazine or such.  I don't think the author really believes that all the soldiers are rubes.  Why rubes?  B/c that's how the Bush administration plays them.  It sent the troops over to Iraq undermanned, poorly equipped and with faltering medical services yet many of the troops still willingly want 'to do their job'.  I don't think the author believes that the troops are kind of gay or what not.  Sarcasm on inviolable subjects like the troops or the flag or mother or apple pie has been around for some time.  Frankly, I don't think that entry is very funny.  But I do like the 3 choices I made.

This is what I wrote in a prior post and I think it's applicable:

That "smear" is sarcastic commentary on the IRaq mess--the politics that put the soldiers in a winless situation.

Or do you really think that author believes that army is 'clingy' and 'kind of gay'  or 'too cheap to buy their own body armor' too?

Why is the sentence for them Walter Reed?  Maybe b/c the political buffoons that got us into this war also let the Nation's best Vet hospital go to shit.  The Bush people are playing the soldiers for rubes and using them in the most vile way without any real care for their concern yet you are incensed by this little bit of humor.

The leaders that sent the soldiers to Iraq to handle an invisible threat from Iraq are screwing over those soldiers by not providing adequate medical/psychological services.

The whole thing's a clusterfuck.

I suppose you can sit back and stew about how the article slights the soldiers when in concrete terms, it is Bush and the war supporters that are really screwing them.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2008, 04:44:15 PM »
I don't see satire either.  I see quasi-effeminate sarcasm...like the sort you may find in a fashion magazine or such.  I don't think the author really believes that all the soldiers are rubes.  Why rubes?  B/c that's how the Bush administration plays them.  It sent the troops over to Iraq undermanned, poorly equipped and with faltering medical services yet many of the troops still willingly want 'to do their job'.  I don't think the author believes that the troops are kind of gay or what not.  Sarcasm on inviolable subjects like the troops or the flag or mother or apple pie has been around for some time.  Frankly, I don't think that entry is very funny.  But I do like the 3 choices I made.

This is what I wrote in a prior post and I think it's applicable:

"Charges: Rubes, the lot of 'em. Come back all fugly"

This is just in horribly poor taste and I'm pretty tolerant of most stuff

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2008, 06:07:39 PM »
I'd say throw out all entertainers (who cares) and include those people who are truly a blight on the human race.

I haven't read this entire thread but there is no justificaction for including "the troops" on this list and I'm definitely not seeing the satire. 

No doubt Iraq is a mess but that's the sole fault of the idiots who planned this (Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfewitz, etc..), starting with the fact that they've been planning this for years before Bush was even Prez.  For fucks sake you think they could have done just a little bit better job

They should also include the financial engineers who created the Structured Invesment Vehicles/Collateralized Debt Obligations that are responsible for the sub-prime mess

Those "idiots" are getting their way whether you like it or not.  Maybe they're not idiots afterwall? : P

Don't forget all your liberal icons slamming the war now voted for it. 

Oh but I forgot.. it must have been some great conspiracy right? ah hahahhaahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!... lamest BS bush-hating theory ever.  The war was more than justified.  This is all about WHO justified it to you impotent jerks, lol.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2008, 06:28:42 PM »
Those "idiots" are getting their way whether you like it or not.  Maybe they're not idiots afterwall? : P

Don't forget all your liberal icons slamming the war now voted for it. 

Oh but I forgot.. it must have been some great conspiracy right? ah hahahhaahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!... lamest BS bush-hating theory ever.  The war was more than justified.  This is all about WHO justified it to you impotent jerks, lol.

has anyone ever told you you're a numbskull?

Did I say anything about the war being justified or not??? 

No I didn't

I said there was no justification for including the troops in that lame list

I also said the war was poorly planned and even more poorly executed and I blame the leaders and planners and not the troops

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2008, 09:07:17 PM »
has anyone ever told you you're a numbskull?

Did I say anything about the war being justified or not??? 

No I didn't

I said there was no justification for including the troops in that lame list

I also said the war was poorly planned and even more poorly executed and I blame the leaders and planners and not the troops

For fucksakes BritishNumbNuts STILL thinks the UN inspectors werent allowed to do their jobs when there have been many inspectors that have said there were no weapons of mass destraction. Anyone that would ignore the facts stated by those inspectors and form their own theories based on what they heard from Bush and Co. has shit for brains.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2008, 09:42:08 PM »
For fucksakes BritishNumbNuts STILL thinks the UN inspectors werent allowed to do their jobs when there have been many inspectors that have said there were no weapons of mass destraction. Anyone that would ignore the facts stated by those inspectors and form their own theories based on what they heard from Bush and Co. has shit for brains.

I'm not British. 

Classic bush hating nonsense.  Your personal vendetta overpowers any reasonable attempt to understand the various reasons to destroy Iraq under Saddam.

Some links to help you...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theissues/article/0,,794275,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2167933.stm

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1123

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_disarmament_crisis_timeline_1997-2000

Back and forth, back and forth.  Funny you douches tell me how "Iraq was complying!!! He was!! Really!!" hahahahahaa!!!!  And how long was THAT gonna last.  I can't get past it.. you guys actually sit and type with a straight face that we had nothing to worry about blah blah, Iraq isn't doing anything wrong blah blah.  The fact that you morons actually believe this is downright astonishing.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2008, 09:46:41 PM »
I'm not British. 

Classic bush hating nonsense.  Your personal vendetta overpowers any reasonable attempt to understand the various reasons to destroy Iraq under Saddam.

Some links to help you...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theissues/article/0,,794275,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2167933.stm

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1123

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_disarmament_crisis_timeline_1997-2000

Back and forth, back and forth.  Funny you douches tell me how "Iraq was complying!!! He was!! Really!!" hahahahahaa!!!!  And how long was THAT gonna last.  I can't get past it.. you guys actually sit and type with a straight face that we had nothing to worry about blah blah, Iraq isn't doing anything wrong blah blah.  The fact that you morons actually believe this is downright astonishing.

An oversight on my part about your handle but hardly relevant on this topic.

Look, I suggest you listen to this guy, not just this one video but a few of them to get the whole picture. He was in Iraq and headed the UN inspection teams.