Author Topic: 2008 Arnold Classic Prize Money Info  (Read 4878 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: 2008 Arnold Classic Prize Money Info
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2008, 09:47:03 PM »
True.

The POINT that "liberals" (i.e., not neocons) like myself make is to just give them a damn chance.  If they are bad genetically as it is, is it going to HELP or HURT to push them and bother them and criminalize them every chance you get?  ::)

"Criminalize" them?   Seems to me they criminalize themselves when they commit crimes.  ::)   The metro area I live in is less than 20% black, yet something like 2/3 of the armed robberies are committed by blacks.  This must be the white man's fault, right?  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2008, 10:12:18 PM »

"Criminalize" them?   Seems to me they criminalize themselves when they commit crimes.  ::)   The metro area I live in is less than 20% black, yet something like 2/3 of the armed robberies are committed by blacks.  This must be the white man's fault, right?  ::)

You yourself eluded to drug laws being ridiculous in another post.  Drug laws are unevenly applied to black people.

So a black man gets a conviction for a personal possession of marijuana.  As such he is given conditions and court dates which he breaches which leads to a more severe penalty.  From there it is more difficult to get a job due to his record and the cycle continues.  Now you may say it is his fault for breaching, but my point is he shouldn't have been charged with the "crime" of drug possession to begin with, and had he not been, he never would have missed court dates or breached.  How many episodes of COPS show the pigs (racist cops or otherwise unprofessional cops are pigs in my book) arresting a black person for possession of a marijuana pipe?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2008, 11:16:41 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/headlines

With Victor out of the lineup, some people are going to be very happy.  Victor's injury possibly cost him $130,000.

Here is the prize breakdown for the Arnold Classic...

Arnold Classic GB Breakdown

Best Poser       $10,000
1st Place           $130,000 plus Audemars Piquet Watch
2nd Place          $70,000
3rd Place           $50,000
4th Place           $30,000
5th Place           $15,000
6th Place           $10,000
7th Place           $1,000
8th Place           $1,000
9th Place           $1,000
10th Place         $1,000
11th Place         $1,000
12th Place         $1,000
13th Place         $1,000
14th Place         $1,000
15th Place         $1,000

To put this in proper perspective...

In 1995 (the first time the winner of the AC got six figures) Mike Francois won $100,000, which in today's dollars is $131,176. That's right. They're actually earning less (or basically the same) as they did 13 years ago. There's essentially been no gain in the top prize in 13 years. (And yes, you also get the watch, but you have to pay taxes on it)

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2008, 11:17:53 PM »
This thread went far away from its main subject: You and Vince Basile >:(

Yes, I would swallow his sperm for money.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2008, 06:10:40 AM »
Eh, its more along the lines that the Weiders are multi millionaires and can only shell out 155,000$ for the olympia. Not a joker, but its disgusting how the Weiders are probably SO filthy rich and the competitors suffer.

The Olympia is promoted by AMI Media, providing currently $725,000 in prize money. No other show does that in bodybuilding.  The Weider sold their magazine, equipment and supplement companies for money based on a product. They made their empire, they sold it, it is the American way.  The Weiders provide equipment for various gyms around the world, which cannot afford it, and many other charitable events.

Exactly - it's like when you see people like Hide get vilified for taking gear through an airport yet actors, singers, and other celebrities get glamourised for taking coke and heroin. It fucking pisses me off.

Yes, I agree with you here. Crucity Hide while the myriads of actors and musicians on drugs is ok in our culture. Steroids is rampant in every sport. Simple as that.

with the alleged nuts who feel otherwise? I think it should be perfectly alright to express your views in real life. That is what free speech is all about.

Different thread to be debated on, but free speech doesnt constitute blatant lies, slander, especially when it comes to war and genocide.  Free speech. There are limits. Debate yes. Yelling 'fire' in crowded theater. No. But again, debate for a different thread on the political forum, perhaps.

Drug laws are unevenly applied to black people

Different debate for a different thread. But if you get caught with intent to distribute, it is applied equaly. Do they weight if you had past priors. Most likely.

We need someone to push for bbing to be on TV. Someone needs to figure out how to make bbing more appealing to watch on TV.

Much harder than it sounds. You can get a bodybuilding program on television, but you need also to help guarantee that there will be advertisers for the product. If you can't get enough advertisers willing to pay money for television, you don't get a show.

the elephant in the room is the drug element..everyone knows that other athletes in other sports use PED but that is implicit...where as in bodybuilding it is explicit

Bingo! So many people use steroids, from high school, to basketball, to football, to even bowling to gain strength.

Not bad, so far the Arnold has proved to be the most lucrative of events and also the one with the most dignity involved.

Once again, in terms of prize money, the Olympia beats it, but both shows are excellent for the bodybuilders. Here is the breakdown for the 2007 Olympia, and most likely 2008 too.

http://www.getbig.com/news/2008/01/20080121olympia.htm

Again, a show and its prize money can only do well if it is sposored by advertisers who are willing to put down money for it, and beleive it its product. Bodybuilding is a niche sport, as are many other niche sports out there.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2008, 08:20:02 AM »

1) Watches are jewelery as much as timekeepers.

2) What's easier if you want to know the time...  glancing at your wrist, or digging a cell phone out of your pocket?

I (and most of the men I know) gave up jewelery when we were club kids in college.  Remember that gold chain we all used to wear?  Oh boy!  ::)

Moving between my house, my car, my office, and other places where time pieces are on display I have never had to look at my cell phone to know the time.  Someone gave me a "fancy" watch as a gift a couple years ago.  I accepted it graciously, but it is still in the original box and sitting on a shelf in my closet.... Shoot! I should have used xmas as an excuse to regift it.  Come December, someone is going to get a watch as a gift.  :D

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2008, 08:23:55 AM »
Come December, someone is going to get a watch as a gift.  :D

hey stud.

PM me for a good mailing address.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2008, 11:28:54 AM »
Different thread to be debated on, but free speech doesnt constitute blatant lies, slander, especially when it comes to war and genocide.  Free speech. There are limits. Debate yes. Yelling 'fire' in crowded theater. No. But again, debate for a different thread on the political forum, perhaps.

Actually, the American propaganda machine lies about the death toll in other countries all the time.  If lying wasn't a part of free speech, than basically any religion would be banned.
Bodybuilding Pro.com