Author Topic: ****** Happy Martin Luther King Day!!! ******  (Read 5252 times)

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
****** Happy Martin Luther King Day!!! ******
« on: January 21, 2008, 03:53:56 PM »
Although Dr. King was truly a hero, and should be remembered as such, how more appropriately could we celebrate the only "black" holiday than by taking the day off and not working! So I say: have a quart of Colt 45 and lay out of work all week!  ;D
ah yeah Im a voodo child

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: ****** Happy Martin Luther King Day!!! ******
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 04:01:25 PM »
Why do the blacks get a race-based holiday?  Shouldn't we whites have something equivalent, celebrating white people specifically?  David Duke day, maybe?  How 'bout  Asian-americans? Do they get a day?  How 'bout Latinos?  SHouldn't they have a holiday specifically for their race too?  What about the American Indians??  Shouldn't we accord Sitting Bull's birthday the same respect we do that of MLK's? 

Face it...  the blacks are more coddled than any other race, yet all they wanna do as a race (I understand this is not true of all black individuals) is bitch about so-called "discrimination".   >:( >:(
Ron: "I am lazy."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 04:07:12 PM »
I will raise a glass of grape juice in his memory.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 04:08:14 PM »
Why do the blacks get a race-based holiday?  Shouldn't we whites have something equivalent, celebrating white people specifically?  David Duke day, maybe?  How 'bout  Asian-americans? Do they get a day?  How 'bout Latinos?  SHouldn't they have a holiday specifically for their race too?  What about the American Indians??  Shouldn't we accord Sitting Bull's birthday the same respect we do that of MLK's? 

Face it...  the blacks are more coddled than any other race, yet all they wanna do as a race (I understand this is not true of all black individuals) is bitch about so-called "discrimination".   >:( >:(

no.

only blacks. live with it. stop whining.
Z

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 04:08:23 PM »
this thread will soon be deleted for being too honest.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 04:09:53 PM »
I am goind to jack some 24 inch rims to honor the dream.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 04:12:12 PM »
Fo shizzle my nizzle (whatever that means).
X

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 04:13:33 PM »
I live in Memphis and its the talk tonight of course. I think Sharpton and Jackson are here too.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 04:16:03 PM »
I live in Memphis and its the talk tonight of course. I think Sharpton and Jackson are here too.
are they at the Lorraine motel?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 04:17:22 PM »

MLK Day is day for every race, doesn't matter, you're only looking at it because he's black... Go back read his books, actually listen to a whole speech of his and not a snippet that they always play. To be ignorant of one of the greatest Americans of all time and a Nobel Prize winner isn't cool. Especially when that person had more balls than any of us here.

If you ever paid attention, he didn't start becoming a threat when he started talking about  Human Rights, not Civil  Rights. And was being wooed by the Communist Party. That is something you don't do back in the 60's. You already had the damn hippies, you didn't need some black man talking about Human rights, especially during a turbulent time in American History. That is when Hoover took notice, and Hoover really got on King's ass because King didn't return a phone from Hoover.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 04:17:42 PM »

Memphis.  ::)

Here's the thing about Memphis:

"The darker it gets, the darker it gets!"  ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 04:21:01 PM »
MLK Day is day for every race, doesn't matter, you're only looking at it because he's black... Go back read his books, actually listen to a whole speech of his and not a snippet that they always play. To be ignorant of one of the greatest Americans of all time and a Nobel Prize winner isn't cool. Especially when that person had more balls than any of us here.

If you ever paid attention, he didn't start becoming a threat when he started talking about  Human Rights, not Civil  Rights. And was being wooed by the Communist Party. That is something you don't do back in the 60's. You already had the damn hippies, you didn't need some black man talking about Human rights, especially during a turbulent time in American History. That is when Hoover took notice, and Hoover really got on King's ass because King didn't return a phone from Hoover.

Don't try to put a Liberal veneer on the whole thing or use revisionist history...  he was fighting for the black race, period.  Whatever other personal qualities he may have had, or whatever else may have resulted from his crusade,  the holiday's existence is all about placating the blacks, and even the blacks themselves view it as a black holiday.

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 04:23:51 PM »
All Getbiggerz R invited!
~

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 04:24:25 PM »

Memphis.  ::)

Here's the thing about Memphis:

"The darker it gets, the darker it gets!"  ;D

omg.... lmao... awesome
ah yeah Im a voodo child

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 04:27:18 PM »
All Getbiggerz R invited!

right on time.. lmao.... just what the Dr. ordered.. pun intended     ;D
ah yeah Im a voodo child

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 04:30:40 PM »
if a white man defends his race, he's insensitive and racist. I respect the black people who don't submit to the whole hip hop culture. Unfortunately there are few examples. If Blacks wonder why some don't take them seriously look at Al Sharpton or any rap video that just reaffirms the stereotypes. Take some responsibility and stop blaming others for the problems that you created.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »
if a white man defends his race, he's insensitive and racist. I respect the black people who don't submit to the whole hip hop culture. Unfortunately there are few examples. If Blacks wonder why some don't take them seriously look at Al Sharpton or any rap video that just reaffirms the stereotypes. Take some responsibility and stop blaming others for the problems that you created.
the only accepted racism anymore is against White people.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 04:35:41 PM »
the only accepted racism anymore is against White people.
some bleeding hearts may disagree, but in many cases whites are more discriminated against than blacks.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 04:36:10 PM »

Don't try to put a Liberal veneer on the whole thing or use revisionist history...  he was fighting for the black race, period.  Whatever other personal qualities he may have had, or whatever else may have resulted from his crusade,  the holiday's existence is all about placating the blacks, and even the blacks themselves view it as a black holiday.

It ain't liberal, its the damn truth, as I said, and as it has been duly noted by any historian or  even people who lived during that time, King wasn't getting anywhere by just doing "Civil Rights", he soon turned to include Human Rights, and that is when he started catching hell. Yes, he wanted Civil Rights for blacks, that was his main goal. If you lived in the South at that time, you see it was different world, a warped world. But, it was due to him, that Latinos, Asians, and white women could be recognized and get a step ahead...   

Yes, many blacks view it as a "Black Holiday", that they get off. Hell, you should be thankful, your ass gets the day off, you could say a dead black man is good for one thing...a day off.

but I honor the man, and remembrance, like going to a MLK breakfast. ANd how can I change and get my shit together.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 04:40:14 PM »
some bleeding hearts may disagree, but in many cases whites are more discriminated against than blacks.
there was a black guy on ESPN talking about Brett Favre and said that the "white media" wants Brett to succeed because he's white, if the role was reversed and a White guy said that about a black QB he'd be fired immediately.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 04:42:53 PM »
what's up man? like i said this thread is gonna ruffle some feathers and the sensitive little bitches will cry about it even though the black race has done nothing but regress since April 4, 1968.

Actually you could be right... Sharpton and Jackson still think it is 1968, yet they are probably driving in a brand new 2008 Caddy of Merc, it seems it is okay to have a 1968 mentality, but every thing else has to be new... the "ACP" in the NAACP, stood for Advancement of Colored People , I see no real advancement, only same problems, just people mask it it with more money.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 04:44:24 PM »
I will raise a glass of grape juice in his memory.

Grape DRINK! Not Juice  ::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 04:44:47 PM »
Actually you could be right... Sharpton and Jackson still think it is 1968, yet they are probably driving in a brand new 2008 Caddy of Merc, it seems it is okay to have a 1968 mentality, but every thing else has to be new... the "ACP" in the NAACP, stood for Advancement of Colored People , I see no real advancement, only same problems, just people mask it it with more money.
i agree with you here, Sharpton and especially Jackson are about one thing......MONEY, if anything blacks are killing each other at record rates.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 04:44:55 PM »
Grape DRINK! Not Juice  ::)
haahah, what was i thinking?

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 04:48:54 PM »
haahah, what was i thinking?

Just be grateful for gold jewelry, theatres to be loud in, and fat white women.