Author Topic: Fed cuts the Funds Rate 3/4 of a Point  (Read 7948 times)

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Fed cuts the Funds Rate 3/4 of a Point
« on: January 22, 2008, 06:12:18 AM »
Hold onto your seats boys and girls, we all just took a nice pay cut once this flows through.

I love reading the articles talking about inflation as if it is some byproduct of the free market economy and not a direct result of the Central Bank and government creating credit and printing money.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Fed cuts the Funds Rate 3/4 of a Point
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 06:20:44 AM »
thanks for this bodybuilding gossip post

keep up the good work
Z

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 07:06:39 AM »
with turmoil comes oppertunity

housing prices are dropping...interesting rates will be dropping...for some people it might be a good oppertunity to pick up some rental/commerical properties

also some banks like ING are still offering high rates on checking/money market/CDs..you could probably lock in a good rate still

aapl was trading at 200pts 4 weeks ago..now it is trading at 150..the company's fundamentals have not changes yet the stock is cheaper...longer term it is a great buy
Here comes the money shot

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:31:43 AM »
Hold onto your seats boys and girls, we all just took a nice pay cut once this flows through.

I love reading the articles talking about inflation as if it is some byproduct of the free market economy and not a direct result of the Central Bank and government creating credit and printing money.

inflation is caused by printing money but thats definitly not the only reason for inflation.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 08:41:07 AM »
Great idea, keep cutting the rate. While they're at it, they should just print lots more currency and pass it out to everybody. Oh wait...
a

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 08:48:02 AM »
thanks for this bodybuilding gossip post

keep up the good work
Some of us have lives and provide for others (not me) ...you should be happy mommy and daddy stock the fridge
L

Bruffy

• Getbig II
  • If it's not metal, it's crap!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 09:15:46 AM »
Cue in MattC for his knowledgeable school us all on the world of economics.
I

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 09:22:30 AM »

Great, I just lost another $60,000.   :-\

Good for a lot of you, though. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 09:25:11 AM »
Share your ideas... what are good ways to make the most of these opportunities?

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 10:00:02 AM »
damn, I wonder what the $ amount of govt. securities is that the fed had to buy to cut the rate 3/4 a point  :o

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 10:03:53 AM »
Share your ideas... what are good ways to make the most of these opportunities?

The best thing to do is to make investments that you understand and can control.  Gambling in the stock market would not qualify.

I currently have 400k invested into an oil and gas lease through my business.  130k is my own personal funds and the rest is from my investors.  I did very well for my first 6 months in business.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 10:07:03 AM »
Opportunities

- Property values still incredibly depressed in most areas of the country so it's a great time to buy.
- Low interest rates and a depressed RE market means a $50,000 downpayment could buy you an appraised $500,000 home for $350,000 with a monthly nut of less than $2,000.
- Even if value of your home has decreased, opportunities abound to "trade up" on properties in areas with greater depreciation.
- As mentioned above, several online banks still offering great interest rates on MM and CDs. Check Bankrate.com for best deals.
- Stock market still too volatile for the novice to enter unless buying solid no-load Mutuals. Check out Kiplinger's Top 25 Funds and their 1/3/5/10 performance charts at http://www.kiplinger.com/investing/funds/kip25/tables/
- Better deals on credit card interest rates. Ask current card banks to reduce rates.
- General economic depression and slow brick and mortar store sales means LOTS OF SALES and BLOWOUT EVENTS at BESTBUY and CIRCUIT CITY!
- Bleak economic outlook and poor 2007 US automaker sales, plus low interest rates means plenty of ZERO-FINANCE DEALS on 2008/2009 NEW CARS or loads of CASH-BACK incentives.
BigNationRadio.com

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 10:16:02 AM »
Great, I just lost another $60,000.   :-\

Good for a lot of you, though. 

The only money I had the market today is a huge short position in C that I opened last Tuesday and covered at 9:32am EST this morning, suckers!  ;D

It might be easer if we skip the middleman and you just send me your money.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 10:37:33 AM »
Great idea, keep cutting the rate. While they're at it, they should just print lots more currency and pass it out to everybody. Oh wait...

Exactly.  And call it a "tax rebate."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 10:44:20 AM »

So does that mean back when the Fed was raising rates in 2004, 05, and 06 we were getting a raise?  ::)   

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 10:50:49 AM »
The only money I had the market today is a huge short position in C that I opened last Tuesday and covered at 9:32am EST this morning, suckers!  ;D

It might be easer if we skip the middleman and you just send me your money.

okay, you seem to know your stuff.

is there going to be a dollar 'collapse'?  or is that just doomsdayers crying like they have been forever?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 11:08:04 AM »
okay, you seem to know your stuff.

is there going to be a dollar 'collapse'?  or is that just doomsdayers crying like they have been forever?

Yes, it is a fiat currency and will collapse at some point in time.

Our current money system is debt based, which means credit is created out of thin air and then interest is earned on it.  The system has the inherent flaw that continued borrowing is necessary for the system to sustain itself.

This system as only been in effect since 1913 with the creation of the Federal Reserve, and the time period is much shorter since we were on the domestic gold standard up to 1933, and on an international gold standard since the early 70's.  Since that time we have managed to erode the dollar by 95% and take on 9 trillion in debt.

printing money and continued borrowing to pay for interest payments and other spending can only continue for so long.

If you told your bank that your income was fixed and tapped out, and that you were making your mortgage payments and living expenses from a cash advance on your credit card, do you think they would loan you more money?

That is the situation we are in.  Collapse is inevitable.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 11:13:23 AM »

So does that mean back when the Fed was raising rates in 2004, 05, and 06 we were getting a raise?  ::)   

Sort of.

It would be like cutting your paycheck by 50% initially, and then later giving you back 25%

Do you consider that a raise?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 11:23:45 AM »
Opportunities

- Property values still incredibly depressed in most areas of the country so it's a great time to buy.
- Low interest rates and a depressed RE market means a $50,000 downpayment could buy you an appraised $500,000 home for $350,000 with a monthly nut of less than $2,000.
- Even if value of your home has decreased, opportunities abound to "trade up" on properties in areas with greater depreciation.
- As mentioned above, several online banks still offering great interest rates on MM and CDs. Check Bankrate.com for best deals.
- Stock market still too volatile for the novice to enter unless buying solid no-load Mutuals. Check out Kiplinger's Top 25 Funds and their 1/3/5/10 performance charts at http://www.kiplinger.com/investing/funds/kip25/tables/
- Better deals on credit card interest rates. Ask current card banks to reduce rates.
- General economic depression and slow brick and mortar store sales means LOTS OF SALES and BLOWOUT EVENTS at BESTBUY and CIRCUIT CITY!
- Bleak economic outlook and poor 2007 US automaker sales, plus low interest rates means plenty of ZERO-FINANCE DEALS on 2008/2009 NEW CARS or loads of CASH-BACK incentives.

as I stated above:turmoil creates oppertunities..thanks for listing these out ED

in NY city because of population density a multi-family home is a great investment.

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 11:27:21 AM »
Quick question: Are we heading for a recession?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 11:35:36 AM »
Sort of.

It would be like cutting your paycheck by 50% initially, and then later giving you back 25%

Do you consider that a raise?

Well, let's see....  in late 2003 the FFO rate stood at 1%.  Over the next three years, it went up to 5.25%.  With this latest cut, I believe it stands at 3.5%.   

If you do the math, your analogy doesn't hold.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »

Quick Answer - Yes.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 11:39:07 AM »

that depends on what definition of  a recession that you want to use

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:recession&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

Michigan unemployment is about 8%..that is mostly due to the automotive industry but still

and the fucking govenment thinks that a $250 check is the answer...fucking genius.. ::)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 11:40:36 AM »

Exactly!

Growing up, I thought that inflation was somehow caused by the increasing rarity of particular goods being sold.  What a load.  It is a direct result of the Federal Reserve (which is neither federal, nor has any reserves) which is owned by Zionists according to Woten, although I can't confirm that, lol.

Anyway, this sums up this scam pretty well:

http://forum.bodybuildingpro.com/showthread.php?t=4682

Cue in MattC for his knowledgeable school us all on the world of economics.

Word.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 11:42:43 AM »
I think we may be in one already.  Media isn't going to report is until it's plainly obvious, because it'd be bad for their own bottom line and those of their partners.  Your brokerage house won't tell you, as they're really focused on their own assets at the moment and certainly don't need all their working capital taken from them at once by nervous people.

While there were a very silly people who said everything was healthy, the reality is that we've borrowed 4.5 trillion dollars in the last 7 years to fund a war.  A billion dolalrs every 10 hours, I think is the exact number.

Bush has been irresponsible.  He gave the rich breaks during good times, when he should have been taxing them.  You always tax high when things are good so you have a stash for when things aren't so good.

It was fundamentally flawed, and now we're reaping what we sow.  

It's cyclical.  Many of you neocons will be praying for hilary to come in and hike taxes on the rich and cut corporate tax shelters so thigns will fix.  We've neglected the homefront economy too long.  You know, cause we have to set up camp in iraq, and that's expensive.