Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman Admits he couldn't beat Dorian Yates  (Read 18211 times)

bizzy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Ronnie Coleman Admits he couldn't beat Dorian Yates
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2008, 04:16:15 AM »
No one stays on top forever.
After Ronnie stating that Haney and Arnold would beat
him in their primes it's foolish to think Ronnie wasn't
being humble in his remark on the radio show. After 2003
he did get more cocky but his loss in 2006 brought back the old
humility. It didn't happen right away, espescially right after
the Olympia but it was very evident in interviews after several
months had gone by.  

Here's a good example of why he should not compete again.

spinnis

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2008, 04:16:30 AM »

bizzy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2008, 04:23:47 AM »
I agree it's a worthless thread and should have been
debated in the truce thread.

spinnis

spinnis

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2008, 04:26:29 AM »
lol

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2008, 05:21:07 AM »
it sounds to me like he was refering to the politics of ifbb judging, NOT the quality of their two physiques.

You'd have to be sufficiently aware of this reality to be able to avoid taking the words seriously. IFBB/Weider shills tend to live in dreamworlds on this issue.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2008, 05:22:41 AM »
Hulkster!  It would seem Ronnie himself just killed your multi-year 1600+ page argument.

ND won...  it's over.  :(

Now can we PLEASE delete the "truce" thread?   :D

Uh, if that were so it was dead over 1,000 pages ago when Yates said same about Coleman.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2008, 05:25:04 AM »
In 98 coleman was only 250lb Yates would be 260+ and so bloody hard.Coleman in 1999 was near perfect after 2000 he got big but never really hit a overall peak again he would get his glutes and hams in but not his back.
I would like to see yates with his pulled in rear double bi up against colemans wide lates on video, now that would be something to argue about .

Well, in this comparison and the others i've just posted all that's there is Yates being destroyed. ;D

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2008, 05:28:12 AM »
Ronnie kills Dorian Yates

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2008, 05:40:27 AM »

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2008, 06:02:13 AM »
What is Ronnie of Dorian?
O

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2008, 08:25:09 AM »
No he had a better ab-thigh and front double biceps , not front latspread oh and you forgot about the sides and the back , so nice try it doesn't matter .

Actually, Nasser beat Dorian in the front latspread too.  The ONLY mandatory pose that Dorian beat Nasser in 97 was the rear lat spread, not even the rear double bi's and nothing from the front or side.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2008, 08:30:49 AM »
Actually, Nasser beat Dorian in the front latspread too.  The ONLY mandatory pose that Dorian beat Nasser in 97 was the rear lat spread, not even the rear double bi's and nothing from the front or side.

yeah sure he did Yates won with straight firsts kid , I hope this helps  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2008, 08:32:24 AM »
yeah, pretty stupid eh?

these guys have no visual evidence on their side in either videos or pics, on this or the truce thread.

we have quotes on both sides of the argument and all over the place in terms of who was in their best shape in a particular year.

yet these idiots are too damn stupid to realize that you can't pick and choose which quotes to accept just because they fit your side.

picking one quote over another is just as valid (thus, not valid at all in term of evaluating physiques - we have to go to real life to do that)

but these idiots are too damn stupid.

this thread and the truce thread should be posters for the benefits of a post secondary education. ND has none and its clear why.

the morons picking and choosing which quotes to accept and when don't seem to understand that you can't do that when you have quotes everywhere on both sides, and most importantly you prove yourselves WRONG when the particular quote you choose HAS NO VISUAL SUPPORT WHAT SO EVER!.

that is what is so crazy about all this.

:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

thats all you have left because I own you , Ronnie owns you .  ;)

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2008, 08:58:09 AM »
ronnie is much better than dorian

actually
flex, nasser, ray were all better than dorian

dorian just sucked the best dick is why he was mr. o

hope this helps

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2008, 11:11:42 AM »
ronnie is much better than dorian

actually
flex, nasser, ray were all better than dorian

dorian just sucked the best dick is why he was mr. o

hope this helps

Ronnie disagrees lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2008, 11:30:25 AM »
Taken out of FLEX nov 1999, page 90.  interview by jim schmaltz with ronnie before the 99 Olympia.

Jim:  What would have happened last year if Dorian Yates (recently retired winner of 6 straight Mr. Olympias) had competed?

Ronnie:  Dorian would have won again.

Jim: You think so?

Ronnie:  I know so.  Dorian has a big physique - hard- and he's been the man to beat, and its hard to knock the champion off the block.  He's a big guy and has a lot going for him.  He overcame so many adversities, like his torn biceps, I couldnt see too much else stopping him.

lmfao this is just getting worse for the Coleman nut-huggers couple this with Ronnie's latest quote and you have massive ownage its shock & awe on getbig

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2008, 01:26:44 PM »
Here we go again :-\
this is becoming the second truce thread >:(

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2008, 02:29:58 PM »
Taken out of FLEX nov 1999, page 90.  interview by jim schmaltz with ronnie before the 99 Olympia.

Jim:  What would have happened last year if Dorian Yates (recently retired winner of 6 straight Mr. Olympias) had competed?

Ronnie:  Dorian would have won again.

Jim: You think so?

Ronnie:  I know so.  Dorian has a big physique - hard- and he's been the man to beat, and its hard to knock the champion off the block.  He's a big guy and has a lot going for him.  He overcame so many adversities, like his torn biceps, I couldnt see too much else stopping him.

lmfao this is just getting worse for the Coleman nut-huggers couple this with Ronnie's latest quote and you have massive ownage its shock & awe on getbig

please post some visual evidence of dorian 97 owning Ronnie 99.

please do.

::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2008, 02:38:02 PM »
please post some visual evidence of dorian 97 owning Ronnie 99.

please do.

::)

who anything about 97? NO ONE ! Ronnie said if Dorian kept competition he would keep on winning

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »
i dont like dorian very much...ive seen his videos and i really despise guys that think its cool and tought o yell and scream and shit while they train...but i do have to give him props. he was a SICK bodybuilder.... he transformed bodybuilding, and when he was at his top he was the best bodybuilder the world had ever seen.UP UNTILL THAT TIME.   not on ronnie colemans level though.

side note=

i think we will see another best ever in the next year or so. drugs just keep getting better and guys are learning how to use them much better.     

the reason why we saw such a huge increase in the size of competitors in the 1990's was because of the advent of drug guru's, then the reason we saw the birth of mass monsters like nasser, ronnie, rhul, and jay is because of the introduction of insulin.... now we finally have guys that are using insulin and not getting the distention or the fucked up physiques that some of the other guys experienced. just imagine if ronnie held onto his 97 waist(before he fucked with insulin) and achieved his 2004 size??!!    well, that is the type of physiques we are now going to be seeing...because we have guys with ronnies genetic potential (phil heath and dennis wolf) who are starting to use insulin in a way that isnt distending them at all.   in a few years we will have the next "best ever"     

Dizzle, dont talk shit about Leroy Davis (Yates training partner). Yates never screamed but Leroy did. Got Yates to crank out another rep, another negative etc. IT IS NOT ABOUT BEING "COOL".

the drugs are not getting better, where do you get this shit from? is there some super test that came out that we dont know about? no. name the top 10 steroids ever and that is what you will see is what is making physics yesterday and today and in the future. test, deca, d-bol, eq, tren etc.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2008, 03:02:06 PM »
Ronnie is probably the most humble Mr. Olympia ever - it's already been quoted in this thread that he said he would not have been able to beat several past Mr. O's even though he and we all know he would have.  He also never made any strong predictions as to whether he would continue winning the Mr. Olympia or not.  As for those years you quoted, NONE of Ronnie's wins were nearly as contraversial as Dorian's 97 win.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2008, 04:05:16 PM »
yates winning after 97' is almost as funny as what Boyer said the other day:

"Once he told me that at his best, like in his prime time he could beat physique wise guys like Wheeler and Yates easily. They, he said had only better drugs than he had at his time."

Get your f*ucking head out of yates a$$ and get back to reality. Here is a hint for you morons. Why do you think yates retired? Because he had too many damn injuries/surgeries. LOL, he barely won half of his Olympias due to injuries. All this time you people didn't even think about yates winning after 97' (hell, he shouldn't even have won in 97 anyway) and now just because you morons find a quote, you actually think he would would of kept on winning? LOL. I guess because I found Boyer's quote (the one above), you think he would of easily beat guys like Flex and yates? Hell No. Get back to real life.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2008, 04:13:34 PM »
Ronnie Coleman Admits he couldn't beat Dorian Yates

Well...to be fair, none of us at TEAM COLEMAN have been praising Ronnie for his intelligence.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2008, 04:50:36 PM »
yates winning after 97' is almost as funny as what Boyer said the other day:

"Once he told me that at his best, like in his prime time he could beat physique wise guys like Wheeler and Yates easily. They, he said had only better drugs than he had at his time."

Get your f*ucking head out of yates a$$ and get back to reality. Here is a hint for you morons. Why do you think yates retired? Because he had too many damn injuries/surgeries. LOL, he barely won half of his Olympias due to injuries. All this time you people didn't even think about yates winning after 97' (hell, he shouldn't even have won in 97 anyway) and now just because you morons find a quote, you actually think he would would of kept on winning? LOL. I guess because I found Boyer's quote (the one above), you think he would of easily beat guys like Flex and yates? Hell No. Get back to real life.

I am really enjoying watching all the Coleman nut-huggers meltdown one by one  :)